1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Urgent Odd Request I Know...

1. elizabethfox

elizabethfox Advanced Member Gold Member

Does anyone know a cheap place online where I can buy mini candy canes, or does anyone here have some leftover from christmas??

My son wants a candy land birthday cake, and we are going to make it look like the game board. So i need about 6-10 mini candy canes for the peppermint forest. (Ugh every birthday he wants something that I have a horrible time finding...ha ha)

Anywhoo.. I know spanglercandy.com has them for $1.99 but they want $9 shipping! :eek: or orientaltrading.com has them for $5.99 with $6.99 shipping.... so yeah expensive :yuck:

His birthday party is next sat the 13th..if anyone has any ideas or can help me out I would appreciate it!

Jun 2, 2009
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

LOL - Sorry Elizabeth, can't help you - but this is like deja vu with last year when we were scrambling for our boys birthday parties!

This year mine wants a Spaceship Birthday! With a spaceship pinata!

Hope you find your candy canes! Do they need the little hook on the end? Because Cracker Barrel has small peppermint sticks...

Jun 2, 2009
  3. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

I just pm'd you Elizabeth.

Jun 2, 2009
  4. ChefEsther

ChefEsther Member Gold Member

is the Bulk Barn just a Canadian (Ontario?) thing? Are there any bulk food stores near you? They will have the peppermint sticks, if not the candy canes this time of year...

Jun 2, 2009
  5. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

BETH! Did you decide to renew your subscription to CS over here? I thought you were done? Glad to see you on here again!

Jun 2, 2009
  6. elizabethfox

Oh my goodness yes! LOL :D

Have you been able to find a spaceship pinata??

And it really bugs me, because last year I was trying SOOOO hard to find scooby doo things for his party... and guess what?? Now I am finding scooby doo stuff EVERYWHERE! ugh...:grumpy:

Jun 2, 2009
  7. elizabethfox

Oh and a lady from church just emailed me and said she has some, so the search for candy canes in June is over! LOL...

Jun 2, 2009
  8. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I know - we must have started a trend or something!

Haven't found the pinata yet - but I'm going to the Party Store to see what they have...

Jun 2, 2009
  9. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Becky, you could always make a plain grey paper mache sphere for a piƱata, and call it the moon. :)

Jun 2, 2009
Have something to add?