• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

October Show Recipe Ideas, No Dcb

In summary, the conversation was focused on recipe ideas for a busy host with small children. The options discussed included using different stoneware and skillet options, such as pizzas and rings, as well as offering Power Cooking options or recipes from the Weekday Dinners cards. Other suggestions included using the bar pan for Grecian party squares, Caprese pizzas, and roasted pepper focaccia. The conversation also mentioned the success of making mile high apple pies and clubhouse chicken squares at recent shows, as well as using a pizza store dough for larger crostatas in the large bar pan.
babywings76
Gold Member
My host's microwave is too small and I don't want to mess with still using it in some modified way. I'd like to do a recipe in the bar pan or the skillet and I'll do a dessert in the fluted stone. As I'm thinking of recipes, all I keep thinking of are pizzas (Chicken Enchilada, Spinach Carbonara, Chicken Pesto & Tomato Flatbread) or the Zesty Ravioli Skillet. Do you think it seems lame to only give her those options? Is there another great recipe I could offer that I'm forgetting (that isn't a pizza or a DCB one?) ;)

I like any of the baked brie options on the round stone. Very sophisticated.

What kind of host is she & what has she expressed interest in? Low-cost family meals that small kids would like? If so, she might like your ideas better than mine! Or it could go the other way - a night of having something grownup might appeal.

I still do a lot of rings on the round stone and hosts love them - in fact, my last host asked for a ring before I even talked to her about recipes. This time of year I like to offer the Turkey Cranberry Ring and the Chicken Club Brunch Ring is always a good one.

Oh, and kids LOVE rings, they will usually even eat the Ham and Broccoli ring!

Last edited:
She's young with 5 little kids (oldest is 9 yrs, I think). She's a super busy wonder-woman type of mom. :D (She also sells 31.) Thanks for the ideas! :)

How about one of the Power Cooking options (chicken or beef) from a few years ago?

Never had a host pick those from my list so I can't say how they are to demo. But I am sure there are threads on here about them.

And the items you listed in your original post are just fine. My hosts always loved the Skillet Lasagna from 29 Min. The ravioli one is the same idea.

How about a recipe from the weekday dinners cards? The DCB ones all have skillet options. I made the turkey tetrazzini skillet option with chicken at a few shows.

I offer grecian party square n the bar pan OR I have done them on the stone cookie sheet! works great and I sell a different stone cause everyone has the BP

or Caprese pizzas

I had 3 shows this weekend and made the mile high apple pies at each one. Big hit!! And, with little ones, they are super easy to make, and just the right size for little hands. I made a clubhouse chicken squares ahead of time and took w/me to the shows. That's an idea too.

Roasted Pepper Focaccia

Ingredients:
1 package (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 jar (7 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained, patted dry and chopped
1/2 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400°F. Unroll pizza crust lengthwise over bottom of Medium Bar Pan. Using fingertips, press indentations 1/2 inch apart into surface of dough. In small bowl, combine salad dressing and garlic; brush over dough. Sprinkle with half of the mozzarella cheese. Top with peppers and olives. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and seasoning.
Bake 25-28 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove from oven; let cool 10 minutes. Cut into squares and serve warm or at room temperature.
Yield: 8 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 230, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Carbohydrate 28 g, Protein 10 g, Sodium 730 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

© 2011 The Pampered Chef used under license.
Start Your Own Business and plan kitchen shows at PamperedChef.com

Or make it bigger by using a dough from a pizza store & the Large Bar Pan!!

Apple Crostatas
Prep Time: 15 Min
Total Time: 35 Min
1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crust (2 crust), softened as directed on box
2 or 3 large baking apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (about 3 to 3.5 cups)
4-6 tablespoons sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
12 teaspoons caramel flavored topping
Powder sugar for icing
Heat oven to 425°F. Unroll crust on Large Bar Pan press down on all side and pinch together. In Classic Batter Bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon; Use apple peeler corer on apples then toss apple slices into sugar mixture. Place apples mixture on dough. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and apples slices are tender. Drizzle caramel topping over crostata, make powder sugar with milk and drizzle over apples . If desired, serve warm with ice cream.

Southwestern Snack Squares

2 T. cornmeal
2 pkg. (235g each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 can (14 oz./398 ml) refried black beans or refried beans
2 tsp. chili powder
6 oz. old Cheddar cheese, shredded (1 1/2 cups)
2 plum tomatoes, chopped
2 green onions with tops, sliced
1/2 C. pitted ripe olives, chopped
1 C. salsa (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Sprinkle stoneware bar pan with cornmeal.

Unroll crescent rolls into 4 rectangles; lay across pan with longest sides of dough across shortest sides of Pam. Using pizza roller, roll dough to seal perforations and press up sides of pan to form crust. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.

In a bowl, combine refried beans and chili powder; spread over crust. Spread cheese over bean mixture. Dice tomatoes and slice green onions. Chop olives. Sprinkle vegetables over cheese. Cut with a pizza cutter; serve. Top each serving with salsa, if desired. Yields 24 servings.

Per serving: 120 calories; 4g protein; 7 g fat; 12g carbohydrate; 295 mg sodium
Source: Pampered Chef

I've had a few hits with the tapande turkey meatballs.

1. What are some October show recipe ideas?

Some great recipe ideas for October shows include pumpkin spice pancakes, apple cider glazed chicken, roasted butternut squash soup, caramel apple dip, and pumpkin cheesecake bars.

2. Can these recipes be made without a Deep Covered Baker (DCB)?

Yes, all of these recipes can be made without a DCB. They can be adapted to use other Pampered Chef products or traditional kitchen equipment.

3. Are there any vegetarian options for October shows?

Absolutely! Some delicious vegetarian options for October shows include roasted vegetable quinoa salad, butternut squash and sage risotto, pumpkin and mushroom stuffed pasta shells, and vegetarian chili.

4. Can these recipes be made ahead of time?

Yes, many of these recipes can be made ahead of time to save time on the day of the show. For example, the pumpkin cheesecake bars can be made a day in advance and kept refrigerated until serving.

5. Do you have any suggestions for gluten-free options?

Yes, there are plenty of delicious gluten-free options for October shows. Some ideas include gluten-free pumpkin bread, apple crisp with gluten-free oats, roasted root vegetable quinoa bowls, and gluten-free pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jessinthekitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • Mommy2amo
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • JessBarszcz