1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Urgent Oct host special

1. jetcitysandy

jetcitysandy Member Gold Member

:confused: I'm trying to enter the Oct host special into the computer for the 5" utility knife and it doesn't seem to be excepting it. It is a level 1 item and I have typed in HX05. Is there something else I should be putting in or another place where I should be entering it? This is my first party I have submitted since August.
    Thanks, Sandy

Nov 14, 2009
  2. loreo

loreo Banned

Did you make sure the date of your party is an October date?

Nov 14, 2009
  3. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

I was going to ask the same thing loreo!

Nov 14, 2009
  4. jetcitysandy

Yes it has the start date and end date for the same day in Oct and it says it is an Oct party. I still can't get it to work.
    Thanks

Nov 14, 2009
  5. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Things I'd check: I'm assuming you are entering this for a host, not a past host. Are you entering it under the HOST name (not her name entered as a guest)? I'm looking at the Current Host # for that and it IS HX05...

what does the flag-message say ? (if it has a red-dot beside her name- see what the message is under the "Finish" tab...)

Is P3 giving you an error? I usually search for the item by clicking on the magnfiying glass beside the item # box....then you can select the Category- "Host Specials" Then find the two entries for the 5" Utility. One will say "PAST HOST" at the end of it...you want the other one. I'd try selecting the item THAT way and see if P3 takes it?

Nov 14, 2009
  6. jetcitysandy

Is HX05 a valid number? It takes any other numbers and the party is at $300 so I was able to get her half price item in there and her free products.

Nov 14, 2009
  7. esavvymom

I'm looking at the sheet- and it says #HX05 for Current Host, #HW78 for Past Host - Item 5" Utility.

Nov 14, 2009
  8. esavvymom

what does the error say? (the red-dot message)

Nov 14, 2009
  9. jetcitysandy

Do I need all the errors cleared up before I can enter it? I have a credit card error for one of the customers but the host wants to pay with her credit card for that order too since she has the cash for it and it is easier for her to just give me her credit card number to pay for it.

Nov 14, 2009
  10. esavvymom

well, before you can submit the SHOW yes, but not the item, I don't think. There should be a message for each error if something is entered incorrectly...like an invalid number or something.

how do you know it's not working? Is it showing $0.00 or something?

Nov 14, 2009
  11. jetcitysandy

The error says that I'm missing payment or payments due on show. Enter the the consultant or guest payments. The only payment not entered is for the host because I'm still trying to add the Oct host special for her

Nov 14, 2009
  12. jetcitysandy

When I enter HX05 nothing shows up and it looks like I didn't order anything on that line

Nov 14, 2009
  13. esavvymom

strange. I'm stumped...but the only thing I would probably TRY to see if the payment is the culprit...enter the unpaid order as paid for with cash. Then see if you can enter that Host item.

If that works- then you know it's the payment and you can get that from the host tomorrow. :D If it doesn't..then I'm stumped. Hopefully some of the other seasoned consultants will have an idea. Sorry...:(

Nov 14, 2009
  14. jetcitysandy

Thanks for all your help Bobbi. I really appreciate it!
    Sandy

Nov 14, 2009
  15. mscharf

mscharf Advanced Member

sometimes i get a red dot if my start date for my show is the same as my end date (i think it has something to do with the times) so i would make the start date yesterday and end day today.

Nov 14, 2009
  16. jetcitysandy

I changed the dates and I have no error messages any more. All the payments add up. It still won't allow me to enter HX05. It's acting like that host special isn't valid. Pretty frustrating.

Nov 14, 2009
  17. esavvymom

That would be! I don't know. Maybe you can call your local recruiter or director who might be able to look at it in person?? Sometimes a fresh pair of eyes?

My October show- the host got the 5" also, and the # worked for me...

Sorry I couldn't have been more help.

Nov 14, 2009
  18. jetcitysandy

Wahooo...got it in! Hubby suggested to shut down program and re-start it. It did an update when it restarted and now it showed the code. No errors and all is well. Thanks for ALL the help!!

Nov 14, 2009
  19. Lisa/ChefBear

Lisa/ChefBear Veteran Member Gold Member

Why don't you shut down and re-boot. Sounds to me like PP is hung up. Mine does that quite a bit. That's what my Hubby will tell me when I'm muttering at my laptop and threatening to send it out the window, lol. He says, no wonder it doesn't want to work for you if you threaten it, you need to sweet talk it, lol.

HTH,

Lisa

20. Lisa/ChefBear

Lisa/ChefBear Veteran Member Gold Member

Geesh, guess I should read the whole way through a thread before typing, lol.

Glad to hear a reboot worked.

Lisa

21. esavvymom

Don't you just *love* computers sometimes! (sarcasm intended!) :D

Glad it's working.

Nov 14, 2009
  22. jetcitysandy

Lol...he says that the program is just a bunch of 1's and 0's and they need to line up sometimes. Thanks again for all the help tonight.

Nov 14, 2009
Have something to add?