• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Oct Host Special Entry for 5" Utility Knife

In summary, Sandy was trying to enter the Oct host special into the computer for the 5" utility knife and it doesn't seem to be excepting it. It is a level 1 item and she has typed in HX05. Is there something else she should be putting in or another place where she should be entering it?
jetcitysandy
Gold Member
:confused: I'm trying to enter the Oct host special into the computer for the 5" utility knife and it doesn't seem to be excepting it. It is a level 1 item and I have typed in HX05. Is there something else I should be putting in or another place where I should be entering it? This is my first party I have submitted since August.
Thanks, Sandy

Did you make sure the date of your party is an October date?

I was going to ask the same thing loreo!

Yes it has the start date and end date for the same day in Oct and it says it is an Oct party. I still can't get it to work.
Thanks

Things I'd check: I'm assuming you are entering this for a host, not a past host. Are you entering it under the HOST name (not her name entered as a guest)? I'm looking at the Current Host # for that and it IS HX05...what does the flag-message say ? (if it has a red-dot beside her name- see what the message is under the "Finish" tab...) Is P3 giving you an error? I usually search for the item by clicking on the magnfiying glass beside the item # box....then you can select the Category- "Host Specials" Then find the two entries for the 5" Utility. One will say "PAST HOST" at the end of it...you want the other one. I'd try selecting the item THAT way and see if P3 takes it?

Is HX05 a valid number? It takes any other numbers and the party is at $300 so I was able to get her half price item in there and her free products.

I'm looking at the sheet- and it says #HX05 for Current Host, #HW78 for Past Host - Item 5" Utility.

what does the error say? (the red-dot message)

Do I need all the errors cleared up before I can enter it? I have a credit card error for one of the customers but the host wants to pay with her credit card for that order too since she has the cash for it and it is easier for her to just give me her credit card number to pay for it.

well, before you can submit the SHOW yes, but not the item, I don't think. There should be a message for each error if something is entered incorrectly...like an invalid number or something.how do you know it's not working? Is it showing $0.00 or something?

The error says that I'm missing payment or payments due on show. Enter the the consultant or guest payments. The only payment not entered is for the host because I'm still trying to add the Oct host special for her

When I enter HX05 nothing shows up and it looks like I didn't order anything on that line

strange. I'm stumped...but the only thing I would probably TRY to see if the payment is the culprit...enter the unpaid order as paid for with cash. Then see if you can enter that Host item.If that works- then you know it's the payment and you can get that from the host tomorrow. :D If it doesn't..then I'm stumped. Hopefully some of the other seasoned consultants will have an idea. Sorry...:(

Thanks for all your help Bobbi. I really appreciate it!
Sandy

sometimes i get a red dot if my start date for my show is the same as my end date (i think it has something to do with the times) so i would make the start date yesterday and end day today.

I changed the dates and I have no error messages any more. All the payments add up. It still won't allow me to enter HX05. It's acting like that host special isn't valid. Pretty frustrating.

That would be! I don't know. Maybe you can call your local recruiter or director who might be able to look at it in person?? Sometimes a fresh pair of eyes?My October show- the host got the 5" also, and the # worked for me...Sorry I couldn't have been more help.

Wahooo...got it in! Hubby suggested to shut down program and re-start it. It did an update when it restarted and now it showed the code. No errors and all is well. Thanks for ALL the help!!

Why don't you shut down and re-boot. Sounds to me like PP is hung up. Mine does that quite a bit. That's what my Hubby will tell me when I'm muttering at my laptop and threatening to send it out the window, lol. He says, no wonder it doesn't want to work for you if you threaten it, you need to sweet talk it, lol.

HTH,

Lisa

Geesh, guess I should read the whole way through a thread before typing, lol.

Glad to hear a reboot worked.

Lisa

Don't you just *love* computers sometimes! (sarcasm intended!) :DGlad it's working.

Lol...he says that the program is just a bunch of 1's and 0's and they need to line up sometimes. Thanks again for all the help tonight.

1. How do I properly use the "Troubleshooting Oct Host Special Entry for 5" Utility Knife?

The "Troubleshooting Oct Host Special Entry for 5" Utility Knife is designed to be a versatile and efficient kitchen tool. To use it properly, hold the knife at a 45-degree angle and use a rocking motion to slice through foods. Avoid using a sawing motion, as this can damage the blade.

2. Why is my "Troubleshooting Oct Host Special Entry for 5" Utility Knife not cutting smoothly?

If you are having trouble with your knife not cutting smoothly, it may be due to a dull blade. Make sure to regularly sharpen your utility knife to maintain its sharpness and cutting ability. You can also try using a honing steel to realign the blade and improve its cutting performance.

3. Can the "Troubleshooting Oct Host Special Entry for 5" Utility Knife be used for cutting through tough or frozen foods?

While the "Troubleshooting Oct Host Special Entry for 5" Utility Knife is a strong and durable knife, it is not recommended for cutting through tough or frozen foods. Doing so can damage the blade and decrease its lifespan. It is best used for slicing and dicing soft and fresh ingredients.

4. How do I clean and maintain my "Troubleshooting Oct Host Special Entry for 5" Utility Knife?

To clean your utility knife, simply hand wash it with warm soapy water and dry it thoroughly before storing. Avoid putting it in the dishwasher, as the harsh detergents and high heat can damage the blade. To maintain its sharpness, regularly sharpen and hone the blade and store it in a knife block or sheath when not in use.

5. Is the "Troubleshooting Oct Host Special Entry for 5" Utility Knife covered by a warranty?

Yes, all Pampered Chef products come with a satisfaction guarantee and a limited lifetime warranty. If you experience any issues with your "Troubleshooting Oct Host Special Entry for 5" Utility Knife, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amuia
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
Replies
Views
sailorsarah
Replies
Views
pcheframsey