1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Nylon Tools vs Chef's Tools

1. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

I only have the Chef's Tools and have never seen the Nylon Tools so I don't know how to help my customer...

I have a customer who was asking me about the overall quality of the Nylon Tools Basic Set. I explained that I had not seen these so I could not answer (I explained about sending them back within the first 30 days, etc etc).

I brought in my Chef's Tools to show her the quality on those (hoping she would buy these instead), but she is still curious about the quality of the Nylon Tools.

How are the Nylon tools? How would you compare the Nylon Tools to the Chef's Tools? Any guidance on this would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Aug 3, 2009
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Personally, I like the Nylon tools better.

Not as fancy looking - but work horses in the kitchen. I don't use the chef's tools, although I have them all - I use the Nylon.

I often tell people, if they are trying to figure out the best deal for their FPV to just go ahead and get the Nylon Tool Set, unless it's really important for them that their cooking utensils match their cookware.:)

Aug 3, 2009
  3. niclowther

niclowther Member Gold Member

I wondered the same thing. I have also heard that question. Thanks for asking and thanks Becky for the answer. Was one of those questions you wanna know the answer for, but forget to ask! :)

Aug 3, 2009
  4. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

I totally agree with Becky, I have had complaints that the chefs tools are too long & fall out of the pot/pan. Also the nylon ones don't get hot even in the handles. A friend of mine tried the chefs tools in his restaurant & told me the handles got hot. All he'll use now is the nylon ones....HTH :)

Aug 3, 2009
  5. PCMomto4

PCMomto4 Member

I agree with Becky also, go with the nylon tools. I also own both and always go for the nylon ones, the only time I end up using the chefs tools is if the nylon tool is dirty.

Aug 3, 2009
  6. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I'm with Becky in that I prefer the Nylon Tools for personal use. I've had them in my kitchen for 4 years and they work great.

The Chef's tools are too long (as noted) and the handles are a little heavier, which makes them off balance. They are just too big for me.

Aug 3, 2009
  7. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

Thanks for all the great info! I love my Chef's Tools - but I definitely use the Small Turner, Small Spoon and Small Slotted Spoon as I agree that the others can be too large.

I am going to go ahead and recommend she order the Nylon Tools set. If she absolutely hates them on sight - we can exchange them. But based on all the feedback - this set will probably be exactly what she is interested in!

THANKS!

Aug 3, 2009
  8. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

Really? I guess I need to look at them again. I've only held the nylon ones once when a friend ordered them and I remember being disappointed that they were so "flimsy" (if that makes sense).

Aug 3, 2009
  9. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I was going to say the same thing. I don't own them, but my friend does and they seemed kind of flimsy to me. But maybe they aren't, but just look it? I love my Chef's tools. I don't own all of them, but several, and each one I love! :)

Aug 4, 2009
  10. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I own pretty much all of the chef's tools and love them, but I've never seen or touched the nylon, I've always looked at them in the catalog thinking that they looked cheap. Guess I should take another look, but really, I don't have room in more drawers for more since I do have all of the Chef's Tools... But I could recommend them more I guess... hmmm, interesting!

Aug 4, 2009
  11. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I prefer the smaller sizes of the Chef's Tools. I have a couple of the nylon tools from when they were seperate pieces and they aren't bad but I use the Chef's Tools more.

Aug 4, 2009
  12. jackieblue

jackieblue Member

I am going to be the voice of the minority and say that I like the bigger Chef Tools much better. I do own the whole Nylon Tool Set and I use them, but that's just because I have them around and I only have the slotted turner from my kit in the Chef's Tools. Honestly I think if I could do it over I would have chosen to purchase one or 2 more Chef's Tools instead of the whole Nylon set. To me, the nylon is nothing special. JMO. I guess that's why PC makes different types. :)

Aug 4, 2009
  13. kkimpinski

kkimpinski Member

Another vote for the Nylon tools. I prefer these for everyday use in my kitchen. I also find the handles on the Chef's tools too long & heavy.

Aug 4, 2009
  14. stefani2

stefani2 Veteran Member

my customers prefer the nylon tools (price) and I prefer the Chef's Tools :)

Aug 4, 2009
  15. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

I'm not a fan of stirring with plastic, so I say ditch them both and use bamboo!

That said, I use my chef tools turners all the time and love them.

Have something to add?