• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Nylon Tools vs Chef's Tools: Which Has Better Quality?

a lot of them!The Chef's Tools are too long (as noted) and the handles are a little heavier, which makes them off balance. They are just too big for me.Thanks for all the great info! I love my Chef's Tools - but I definitely use the Small Turner, Small Spoon and Small Slotted Spoon as I agree that the others can be too large.I own pretty much all of the chef's tools and love them, but I've never seen or touched the nylon, I've always looked at them in the catalog thinking that they looked cheap. Guess I should take another look, but really, I don't have room in more drawers for more since I do have all of
kam
Staff member
I only have the Chef's Tools and have never seen the Nylon Tools so I don't know how to help my customer...

I have a customer who was asking me about the overall quality of the Nylon Tools Basic Set. I explained that I had not seen these so I could not answer (I explained about sending them back within the first 30 days, etc etc).

I brought in my Chef's Tools to show her the quality on those (hoping she would buy these instead), but she is still curious about the quality of the Nylon Tools.

How are the Nylon tools? How would you compare the Nylon Tools to the Chef's Tools? Any guidance on this would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Personally, I like the Nylon tools better.

Not as fancy looking - but work horses in the kitchen. I don't use the chef's tools, although I have them all - I use the Nylon.

I often tell people, if they are trying to figure out the best deal for their FPV to just go ahead and get the Nylon Tool Set, unless it's really important for them that their cooking utensils match their cookware.:)

I wondered the same thing. I have also heard that question. Thanks for asking and thanks Becky for the answer. Was one of those questions you wanna know the answer for, but forget to ask! :)

I totally agree with Becky, I have had complaints that the chefs tools are too long & fall out of the pot/pan. Also the nylon ones don't get hot even in the handles. A friend of mine tried the chefs tools in his restaurant & told me the handles got hot. All he'll use now is the nylon ones....HTH :)

I agree with Becky also, go with the nylon tools. I also own both and always go for the nylon ones, the only time I end up using the chefs tools is if the nylon tool is dirty.

I'm with Becky in that I prefer the Nylon Tools for personal use. I've had them in my kitchen for 4 years and they work great.The Chef's tools are too long (as noted) and the handles are a little heavier, which makes them off balance. They are just too big for me.

Thanks for all the great info! I love my Chef's Tools - but I definitely use the Small Turner, Small Spoon and Small Slotted Spoon as I agree that the others can be too large.

I am going to go ahead and recommend she order the Nylon Tools set. If she absolutely hates them on sight - we can exchange them. But based on all the feedback - this set will probably be exactly what she is interested in!

THANKS!

Really? I guess I need to look at them again. I've only held the nylon ones once when a friend ordered them and I remember being disappointed that they were so "flimsy" (if that makes sense).

Sheila said:
Really? I guess I need to look at them again. I've only held the nylon ones once when a friend ordered them and I remember being disappointed that they were so "flimsy" (if that makes sense).

I was going to say the same thing. I don't own them, but my friend does and they seemed kind of flimsy to me. But maybe they aren't, but just look it? I love my Chef's tools. I don't own all of them, but several, and each one I love! :)

I own pretty much all of the chef's tools and love them, but I've never seen or touched the nylon, I've always looked at them in the catalog thinking that they looked cheap. Guess I should take another look, but really, I don't have room in more drawers for more since I do have all of the Chef's Tools... But I could recommend them more I guess... hmmm, interesting!

kam said:
Thanks for all the great info! I love my Chef's Tools - but I definitely use the Small Turner, Small Spoon and Small Slotted Spoon as I agree that the others can be too large.

I am going to go ahead and recommend she order the Nylon Tools set. If she absolutely hates them on sight - we can exchange them. But based on all the feedback - this set will probably be exactly what she is interested in!

THANKS!

I prefer the smaller sizes of the Chef's Tools. I have a couple of the nylon tools from when they were seperate pieces and they aren't bad but I use the Chef's Tools more.

I am going to be the voice of the minority and say that I like the bigger Chef Tools much better. I do own the whole Nylon Tool Set and I use them, but that's just because I have them around and I only have the slotted turner from my kit in the Chef's Tools. Honestly I think if I could do it over I would have chosen to purchase one or 2 more Chef's Tools instead of the whole Nylon set. To me, the nylon is nothing special. JMO. I guess that's why PC makes different types. :)

Another vote for the Nylon tools. I prefer these for everyday use in my kitchen. I also find the handles on the Chef's tools too long & heavy.

my customers prefer the nylon tools (price) and I prefer the Chef's Tools :)

I'm not a fan of stirring with plastic, so I say ditch them both and use bamboo!That said, I use my chef tools turners all the time and love them.

What is the difference between Nylon Tools and Chef's Tools?

Nylon tools are made from a heat-resistant and non-stick material, while chef's tools are typically made from metal or wood. Nylon tools are more flexible and lighter, making them ideal for use with delicate foods, while chef's tools are sturdier and better for heavy-duty tasks.

Are Nylon Tools safe to use with non-stick cookware?

Yes, Nylon tools are safe to use with non-stick cookware as they will not scratch or damage the surface. They are also heat-resistant, so you can use them while cooking without worrying about melting or warping.

Can I put Nylon Tools in the dishwasher?

Yes, most Nylon tools are dishwasher safe. However, it is always best to check the manufacturer's instructions to ensure proper care and maintenance of your tools.

Which type of tools is better for cooking with high heat?

Chef's tools, such as metal or wooden spatulas, are better for cooking at high temperatures. Nylon tools have a lower heat resistance and may melt or warp if exposed to high heat for extended periods.

Do Nylon Tools come in different sizes and shapes?

Yes, Nylon tools come in a variety of sizes and shapes, just like chef's tools. You can find everything from small spatulas to large spoons, and even specialized tools for specific cooking tasks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • meganmcg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
janedee
  • pcchefjane