• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Nutty Caramel Brownies: A Delicious Twist on a Classic Treat

In summary, the recipe calls for the brownies to be made in a large bar pan. They will be thin, so make sure you spread them evenly and watch the cooking time.
RossDeb2
Gold Member
I'm making this at a show tomorrow evening - following the recipe, ( 1 pkg, 454g) are the brownies supposed to be thin? I did a trial run making the brownies, but one box barely covered the large bar pan. Should I use two boxwes? When they were finished baking, they seemed awfully thin? is this the way they are supposed to be? I can't eat chocolate, so I was unable to taste them. I am used to seeing brownies as the thick squares, not thin like this.:confused:

the recipe calls for the medium bar pan

Nancy

Is this the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies? the one with rolo's/nuts, etc on top?That's done in the large bar pan, and I'm not sure what the 454 g equals, but my recipes says 18-21 oz. package. I've not made them in a little while, but they aren't any thicker than the bar pan itself...a little thinner- then you add the stuff on top.
Using the bar pan, you won't be able to get anything very thick.

Ya - they're thin.... ish.

I do mine in the Rectangular baker and just leave them i for about 6 min more(depending on the oven) They turn out great!

did you use a Family size box of brownies? It's made in Lg Bar Pan but make sure you have the right size brownie mix. The brownies are average in size but still have room to squish the rolos in! :)

Yeah, check the package size. I bought one once not realizing it was meant for an 8x8 (thankfully just for home use, and not for a show or special occasion baking need :D ). Also, after spreading it around, I hold the bar pan and kind of shake it a little to get the batter to level out. Since it is pretty thin, I've had times where it was REALLY thin in some spots and overcooked. Also, watch the cooking time. I have to really be sure I don't overcook brownies made in the bar pan. They don't necessarily burn, but they do get hard.

A regular size brownie mix will be a little thinner than you are used to in the large bar pan. But they should turn out fantastic!

The 454g size is correct. The brownies will be thin, so make sure you spread them evenly. If I remember correctly, the recipe calls for them to be made "cake style," which adds an extra egg to the batter. That adds a little bit to the total amount of batter. They do rise during baking (esp. with the extra egg), so you won't be serving chocolate pancakes.

Mmmm, chocolate pancakes. :eek: Sorry.

When I do these I use 2 brownie mixes and it makes them a little thicker. I like mine thicker and not thin.

1. What ingredients do I need to make Nutty Caramel Brownies?

To make Nutty Caramel Brownies, you will need 1 package of fudge brownie mix, 1/2 cup of vegetable oil, 1/4 cup of water, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of chopped nuts, and 1/2 cup of caramel sauce.

2. Can I use a different type of brownie mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of brownie mix you prefer. Just make sure to follow the instructions on the package for the appropriate amount of oil, water, and eggs.

3. How should I store the Nutty Caramel Brownies?

The best way to store Nutty Caramel Brownies is to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or foil and store them in an airtight container at room temperature. They will stay fresh for 2-3 days.

4. Can I add other toppings to the brownies?

Yes, you can add any toppings you like, such as chocolate chips, shredded coconut, or chopped candies. Just sprinkle them on top of the brownie batter before baking.

5. How should I cut the brownies for serving?

For clean and even cuts, it is best to let the brownies cool completely before cutting them. You can use a sharp knife to cut them into squares, or use a cookie cutter for fun shapes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
lindsaym
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam