• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Nutella for Fudge Sauce: A Delicious Twist on Traditional Recipes

In summary, some people think that using the breakfast spread Nutella in exschange for fudge sauce in recipes would work. It would be the same consistency and would give it a hazelnut flavor. It would depend on the recipe, but generally I think it would work.
Meigs
Does anyone think that using the breakfast spread Nutella in exschange for fudge sauce in recipes would work?
It is ruffly the same consistency. And would give it a hazelnut flavor...
Any thoughts...

I guess it would depend on the recipe, but generally I think it would work.

You might want to double check with any hosts. Hazelnuts are big allergens--like peanuts, only no one talks about it

AmyDare said:
You might want to double check with any hosts. Hazelnuts are big allergens--like peanuts, only no one talks about it

Good point! My DH knew he was allergic to hazelnuts way before he found out about his peanut allergy.

I've never bought nutella and didn't realize it tasted fudgy. Interesting.

Where do you find hazelnuts? Are they in a can or bag? I can't seem to find them in my local stores. Is there something you could substitute?

Mmm... nutella! I used to eat Nutella sandwiches when I was a kid and I still have nutella and butter on toast whenever I don't feel good. Love that stuff! :) Sorry, I know that wasn't helpful at all!

jbondr said:
Where do you find hazelnuts? Are they in a can or bag? I can't seem to find them in my local stores. Is there something you could substitute?

They are sometimes called filberts, if that helps. I have seen them in bags in the baking section. They should also be coming out around Thanksgiving in the bulk nut section - little round nuts kind of like acorns.

dme.grant said:
Mmm... nutella! I used to eat Nutella sandwiches when I was a kid and I still have nutella and butter on toast whenever I don't feel good. Love that stuff! :) Sorry, I know that wasn't helpful at all!

Believe it or not, I just had Nutella (well, my local grocery store's version of it) for the very first time last week. I spread it on toast and it was yummy....so the next day, I had toast & Nutella for a snack....only this time, after spreading on the Nutella I then swirled some smooth peanut butter on top of it. It was like eating a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup :love:

Sorry, it's OT, but I just thought I would share:)

hahah ya, it is good! It tastes like the filling on a bueno chocolate bar!

I just tried Nutella for the first time about a year ago. Love it! It's become a staple around here.

The Decadent Chocolate-Hazelnut Torte in the latest Season's Best is my favorite new dessert recipe. My family loves it, too. Although my kid doesn't like me using thier precious nutella in a recipe.

Target started carrying bigger jars of Nutella.

Okay! Now I have to go buy some. I've never tried it, was kind of scared to but now... Funny too because I'm always the first to try new and different foods.

Last edited:
We first had Nutella in Germany many years before it was available here--I just love it!

You can get 2 LARGE jars of Nutella at Costco for the price of a small jar at a grocery store. ;)

ChefBeckyD said:
You can get 2 LARGE jars of Nutella at Costco for the price of a small jar at a grocery store. ;)

Send me some - I don't have a costco membership as the nearest one is a bit too far from us... :D :rolleyes: :p

It's yummy on graham crackers

Unfortunately, it's also yummy right out of the jar!!!

1. What is Nutella for Fudge Sauce?

Nutella for Fudge Sauce is a delicious and easy-to-use sauce that combines the rich chocolate hazelnut flavor of Nutella with the creamy texture of fudge. It is perfect for drizzling over ice cream, dipping fruit, or adding to your favorite dessert recipes.

2. Is Nutella for Fudge Sauce gluten-free?

Yes, Nutella for Fudge Sauce is gluten-free, making it a great option for those with gluten sensitivities or allergies. However, it is always important to check the label for any potential allergens or ingredients that may affect your dietary restrictions.

3. How do I use Nutella for Fudge Sauce?

Nutella for Fudge Sauce can be used in a variety of ways. It can be heated and drizzled over ice cream or used as a dip for fruit. You can also mix it into your favorite dessert recipes, such as brownies or cookies, for an extra burst of chocolate hazelnut flavor. The possibilities are endless!

4. Does Nutella for Fudge Sauce need to be refrigerated?

Yes, Nutella for Fudge Sauce should be refrigerated after opening. This will help maintain its freshness and prevent it from spoiling. Be sure to follow the storage instructions on the label for best results.

5. Can I use Nutella for Fudge Sauce as a substitute for regular Nutella?

No, Nutella for Fudge Sauce is specifically designed for use as a sauce or topping, not as a spread like regular Nutella. While it may have a similar flavor, the texture and consistency are different. It is best used as a complement to regular Nutella, not as a replacement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • Jennie4PC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
momoftwins