• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Savory Pecan-Crusted Blue Cheese Bites: Substituting Peanuts?

In summary, you can substitute peanuts, almonds, or walnuts for pecans in this recipe. However, the taste and texture may vary slightly. You do not need to make any adjustments to the recipe, but make sure to chop the nuts finely. Using peanuts instead of pecans will add a stronger and sweeter flavor to the blue cheese bites. It is not recommended to use pre-salted peanuts, but if you do, you can adjust the amount of salt in the recipe. Other nuts that can be used as a substitute are almonds or walnuts, but make sure to finely chop them and adjust the salt accordingly.
pattikake
I need to make the Savory Pecan-Crusted Blue Cheese Bites from the new appetizer cookbook for an event. The recipe calls for 2 cups of toasted pecans..... any thoughts if the pecans could be substituted with peanuts?! Got home and had the wrong nuts .. and won't be near the supermarket before the event. Thoughts?!

I think texture-wise it nwould be fine, but I wonder about the taste combination. Try a tiny bite of the blue cheese and peanut together and see what you think.

Hi there! If you don't have pecans on hand, you can definitely substitute with peanuts for the Savory Pecan-Crusted Blue Cheese Bites. The flavor and texture may be slightly different, but it should still turn out delicious. Just make sure to toast the peanuts beforehand to enhance their flavor. Good luck with your event!

1. Can I use a different type of nut instead of pecans?

Yes, you can substitute peanuts for the pecans in this recipe. However, keep in mind that the taste and texture of the final product may be slightly different.

2. Do I need to make any adjustments to the recipe if I use peanuts instead of pecans?

No, you can follow the recipe as written. Just make sure to finely chop the peanuts to the same size as the pecans to ensure even coating and cooking.

3. How will using peanuts instead of pecans affect the flavor of the blue cheese bites?

Peanuts have a stronger and slightly sweeter flavor compared to pecans. This will add a different dimension to the blue cheese bites, but it should still pair well with the other ingredients in the recipe.

4. Can I use pre-salted peanuts for this recipe?

It is not recommended to use pre-salted peanuts as it may make the blue cheese bites too salty. If you only have salted peanuts on hand, you can omit the salt in the recipe or reduce it to taste.

5. Are there any other nuts I can substitute for the pecans?

Yes, you can also use almonds or walnuts in place of pecans. Just make sure to chop them finely and adjust the amount of salt as needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • chefann
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedChefLayla
  • DMB75