1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Number of Customers Ordering from Newsletter/Outlet down!

1. KellyRedHead

KellyRedHead Advanced Member

How much (or how often) has your customer base been ordering lately??

I have sent my newsletter out every month along with a mid-month outlet for the last 3 years. And so far this year I have had zero orders! I don't know if it is the times, I mean my shows have been $700-$1000 (when I have them:rolleyes:). Need to work on that lately!!:rolleyes:

It also has been since I have changed over to Mike's newsletter from another, not any of the ones normally talked about here, I haven't had a bite!!

Usually I can count on a couple orders a month! My directors uses Mikes and has had $300+ in orders come in lately, me nothing! Yes she has a larger customer base, but I don't have a small one either.

I don't know whether its the newsletter or just my customer base. Do you all think maybe I should send out an email asking if they would like to stay on my contact list for the newsletter?? How has your experinece been lately with your newsletter and contacts?

Thanks!
    Kelly V.

Apr 23, 2009
  2. Krista Burson

Krista Burson Member Gold Member

What I have found is that people don't want to pay the shipping charge to order something off the outlet, so I've started telling people if they want to order something, I will place an order twice a month for outlet items only.... They can email me what they want, and I'll put it on the order, I add $1 to whatever they order to help cover the cost of shipping.

Apr 23, 2009
  3. Jules711

Jules711 Veteran Member Silver Member

I do the same with combining orders. Usually, I have enough for the 11% shipping so I charge based on that. 11% s/h & tax. But people do have to pick it up here unless it's somewhere that I can drop it off easily.

Apr 23, 2009
  4. KellyRedHead

KellyRedHead Advanced Member

I just have never had a problem with anyone ordering and paying for the shipping.
    I always every month had orders, if I sent out anything special also I received orders. For example I just sent something out on HWC and nothing, not one order. That was sent out three days ago.
    Just weird, maybe its just my customer base, maybe I should offer to have it shipped all to me if they lived close enough??

Kelly V.

Apr 23, 2009
  5. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I don't agree that it has to do with not wanting to pay the shipping. I've had multiple customers who have purchased more than once off the outlet. I would also be weary of waiting to order the outlet items. What would happen if an item a host really wants goes off the outlet before you order it?

Apr 23, 2009
  6. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

I've asked all my clients to help me push pink products because my goal is to raise beaucoup funds for The American Cancer Society. Sadly, most are hesitant! I don't get it. Right now, no one is buying HWC because is isn't available....at least that's what I'm hoping is the reason!:yuck:

Have something to add?