• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Now That Hold 'N Slice Is Gone, What Do I Use on Cake?

In summary, the Hold 'N Slice tool for cakes has been discontinued and is no longer available for purchase from Pampered Chef. However, there are alternative methods for slicing cakes such as using a long, thin knife or dental floss. A regular knife can also be used, but it is important to make even cuts. Pampered Chef offers the Cake Server & Cutter as a specialized tool for slicing and serving cakes. Tips for slicing cakes without the Hold 'N Slice tool include cooling the cake before slicing, using a long knife, and wiping the knife between slices for neater cuts.
chefjeanine
Gold Member
Looking for some ideas. Making the Coconut Tres Leches Cake at a party Monday night.
Step #4 is "Pierce cake thoroughly with the Hold 'N Slice." Any ideas on what to do now that this tool has been discontinued? Poke with a fork? Poke with a knife? Let someone who has way too much time on their hands poke it with the cake tester?

What did you actually use, Jeanine? I've never made that cake - does it go over well at parties?

Elizabeth Q said:
What did you actually use, Jeanine? I've never made that cake - does it go over well at parties?
Home Office DID change the instructions online. Now you just use a knife. I handed my cake makers a coated utility knife and said, "stab it". It seemed to work. And yes, this is a tasty recipe. Doesn't look the greatest but people like it.

A cake tester works, too! Or, maybe a straw?

I use a dinner fork to pierce cakes for many recipes.

Try with fork.. :)

1. What happened to the Hold 'N Slice tool for cakes?

Unfortunately, the Hold 'N Slice tool has been discontinued and is no longer available for purchase from Pampered Chef.

2. How can I slice cakes without the Hold 'N Slice tool?

There are a few alternatives that you can use to slice cakes without the Hold 'N Slice tool. One option is to use a long, thin knife and make horizontal cuts through the cake to create even slices. Another option is to use dental floss or fishing line to make clean cuts through the cake.

3. Can I use a regular knife to slice cakes?

Yes, a regular knife can be used to slice cakes. Just make sure the knife is long enough to cut through the entire cake and try to make your cuts as even as possible.

4. Does Pampered Chef offer any other tools for slicing cakes?

Yes, we offer the Cake Server & Cutter which is specifically designed for slicing and serving cakes. It has a serrated edge for easy cutting and a large surface area for serving pieces of cake.

5. Are there any tips for slicing cakes without the Hold 'N Slice tool?

Yes, here are a few tips for slicing cakes without the Hold 'N Slice tool: make sure the cake is completely cooled before slicing, use a long knife for even cuts, and wipe the knife clean between slices for neater cuts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• forkatieb
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • naekelsey
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
KellerCooks
  • Bluiydangl