• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New to Direct Selling? Get the Answers Here!

In summary, Nicole was telling me that you can't use the PC logo until you are a director, you only make money on your 2nd line recruits, and you don't make any money on your first line recruits.
nbittermann
Hi all- I was talking with a member of my directors team and she was telling me all this stuff I haven't heard yet. First- you can't use the PC logo until your a director? Not on business cards or the car decals? I made my own bus. cards and have the logo on them. I had no idea. Do I need to make new cards? Also she was talking about recruiting and how you need 2 people to become future director, but shouldn't until you have at least 4 and become a director when you have at least 7 cause if someone drops out you lose your title? She also said you don't make any money on your first line recruits only 2nd line recruits. I have never heard any of this before!! Can someone explain to me how you get paid from recruits? Do you recieve a % of thir commission? I have no clue how any of this works-I've only been doing this for 3 months. Please clue me in on any info. Thanks so much! Nicole

How long has she been in?She has given you some false information. At Consultant's Corner there is a link that outlines how you can use the logo. There is one logo that only Director's can use, BUT all consultants may use a logo on marketing materials. Look under the DOWNLOADS tab then click on Advertising and Publicity.

You only need 2 recruits to become a Future Director. As a Future Director you will receive a 1% commission override on your sales and your 1st line cluster sales when you reach $1250 in sales for that month.

To become a Director you need 5 personal qualified recruits. To maintain Directorship you must have cluster sales of at least $4000, along with some other things (I am not sure, not there yet)

I would sit down with my Recipe for Success and review the main points of the business structure. Also, if you have a recruiting binder some of this information is in there. On our Paperwork/Supply order form we can order Rewards booklets 10 for $1.25 they pretty much spell out the whole enchilada. I recommend keeping those on-hand.

Good luck!! Sorry she confused you.

Oops!!I just went and looked at the Publicity site and I now remember that a year or so ago they allowed everyone to use the logo with the hat. That logo used to be reserved for Directors.

so we can use the logo?Ok so we can use the logo with the hat on it? I had downloaded the logos off of the website. I thought they were for everyone. Do I need to get new cards or can I use the ones with the chef hat on them?

nbittermann said:
Ok so we can use the logo with the hat on it? I had downloaded the logos off of the website. I thought they were for everyone. Do I need to get new cards or can I use the ones with the chef hat on them?
Yes, the logo is fine to use. It USED to be only for directiors, but they've allowed everyone to use it now. Your cards are fine :)

Maybe your director was recommending that you should only accept directorship if you have 7 people because of people under you possibly quitting the biz. I can see what she is saying because I can imagine it would be dissappointing to become director only to lose it a little while later because somone has decided not to sell PC anymore. I think though that if you believe in your recruits and really keep them motivated and help them as much as you can that it wouldn't be a problem to accept being a director. Its up to you though. I also would be curious as to the commission we make off of our recruits. This has never been explained to me before either.

janel kelly said:
I also would be curious as to the commission we make off of our recruits. This has never been explained to me before either.
As a director if you have at least $350 in personal sales and your team's total sales equals at least $4000 (including your sales) you receive a 3% increase in YOUR sales percentage and 3% of the total sales of your first and second line. All this is IF you maintain at least 5 first line consultants (you need 5 personally recruited consultants qualified and active to get directorship but once you get it the 5 consultants to not have to be PERSNALLy recruited).

Hope this helps.

What are the benefits of direct selling?

The benefits of direct selling include flexible work hours, the ability to work from home, unlimited income potential, and the opportunity to be your own boss. It also allows you to build personal relationships with your customers and be a part of a supportive community of fellow direct sellers.

How do I get started in direct selling?

To get started in direct selling, you can research and choose a company that aligns with your interests and values. Then, you can reach out to a representative or sign up online to become a consultant. Most companies require a small initial investment for a starter kit, which includes everything you need to start your business.

What is the difference between direct selling and multi-level marketing?

Direct selling and multi-level marketing (MLM) are often used interchangeably, but there is a slight difference between the two. Direct selling refers to selling products directly to consumers, while MLM also includes the opportunity to build a team and earn commissions from their sales. Both involve selling products through personal relationships, but MLM adds an additional layer of earning potential.

How do I market my direct selling business?

There are many ways to market your direct selling business, including hosting parties or events, using social media to showcase products and promotions, reaching out to friends and family, and networking within your community. Many direct selling companies also provide training and marketing materials to help you grow your business.

What are some common challenges in direct selling?

Some common challenges in direct selling include finding and retaining customers, managing time and balancing personal and work life, and staying motivated during slower sales periods. However, with dedication and a strong support system, these challenges can be overcome and lead to a successful direct selling business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennLizFran
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
Replies
Views
3RingChef