• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Power Cooking: Is It Really Worth the Hype?

In summary, the power cooking training session I attended was really great. I was really inspired and I learned a lot. I would really recommend this to anyone.
jcwarr
back in june i started a thread about a power cooking training session i went to - i am just now typing up my notes!!!! better late than never! here they are in case anyone is still interested :) it was such a great time and i was so inspired!!!

Power cooking

10 at a time
Half the cost of dream dinners

I am power cooking and I want to prepare 3 meals for your freezer and teach your friends how to do it as well.

Let me prepare 3 healthy meals for you, learn 8 meals in 2 hours time OR 3 meals in 10 minutes

Demo – 45 minutes

Shamrock press – Houston

Healthy meals onto your table on busy weeknights

Professional - running around – open fridge at 6 pm and stare – hope dinner will materialize

Bring families back together at dinner table.
____
1st few minutes of show are housekeeping
Enjoy taco soup?

Tonight – 3 meals

1. power tool list – mark tools you are interested in
2. recruit paper
2. guest special
3. round up donation – where $ goes locally – put x through it on order form if not interested.

5 essentials you need in the kitchen – my goal is to have them in every kitchen

Redbook – 65% of time in the kitchen is spent chopping, slicing, dicing. Reduce to 5% with these 2 tools:
1. food chopper – ask what do you use for? Bread crumbs, onions, etc. #2585 on power tool list – 5 essentials are in bold
2. usg - #1085 sells for…

3. good cookware – if you love what you have – stick with it! if you don’t – check ours out. #2863
who’s using same cookware as when you got married?
look in closet – warped, non-stick not working – empower yourself!
pull apart bread made tonight in this – pass around pan

4. stoneware are essential pieces – signature product for pc.
2 pieces to start collection – stone that is flat and stone that has sides
Gotta love it – have to have it!
Tasting good and quick cleanup (show crescent rolls cooked to compare)
Brownie dessert made in this
Clay – wick moisture and fat away from food
The darker it looks, the better it cooks

5. knife – if you love them – stick with them
Dull knife more of a hazard than a sharp one – have to work harder – accidents happen.
3 knives – pass utility around – if had to choose one – I would choose middle to start collection
Pair it with cutting board to catch juices running all over.

TPC – trips, products, cash - opportunity

Now we’re going to power cook – grab chicken and ribs from freezer

1. tell more about cookware – dripless
Disposable cookware – replaced every 2-3 years
Non-cook not sprayed on – cooked on
From stove top to oven
Book a party to earn

2. stoneware - lasagna
Basket – pass around – wire handle
Combo – with lid and basket – beautiful gift

**Mexican chicken –
Onion – root has concentration of oils and flavor – use 1st

Food chopper – show coarse (4 times) and fine chop (8 times)

Buy store brand olives, salsa to save time

Stoneware and classic batter bowl – are original pieces and have been around for 25 years.

Batter bowls – both of these bowls found in my dishwasher every night I cook. Use them most often
Papa, mama and baby bowl (classic, small and prep bowls)
Can opener – pass around to feel lid. Put lid back on to store
Strongest bacteria in kitchen found in electric can opener – never gets cleaned!

What’s in jarred garlic? Garlic, water, acid and some have formaldehyde!
Rub hands on stainless steel or lemon juice to remove garlic smell.

***Caesar chicken – 2 seconds to make!!

Pass out 10 – 12 products during show
Use batter bowl to mix salad with the top on.
The more you use the measure all cup - the better it works!

Coming to end of show.

Us&G – into dishwasher – don’t remove blades

Cook’s corer – tomatoes, strawberries (sweetest part is up by the vine – you don’t want to cut top half off!)

Puts item # and price on products for quick reference during show

What does host get for hosting show? typical host with room full of friends and some additional orders will receive between ___ and ___. Pc always throws in 60% off item in addition to ½ price and discounted items. And if anyone books from this show – host gets to purchase host special and has 10% discount for a year.

3 ways to get products
1. purchase
2. host a show
3. see a lot – marked a lot – simplest way is to do what I do – join our company. Tax deductions are phenomenal with direct sales.

Theme shows
Margaritaville
Tapas
Death by chocolate
Power cook for you – fill up your freezer
Brides

Prize drawing slips
Interested in hosting?

Pass out catalogs – eat and drink

Bring order form – place here on cutting board – I will call you so you can enjoy time together.
___
Send host packet home with you
Think of 80 guests
Invite acquaintances – not just best friends
People want opportunity
Not everybody aware that you don’t have to come to show to order
___
Call past hosts – tell them new and exciting show called power cooking

Hot trend on market – freezer cooking

Excuse to call – how are things coming? Guest list? Need more catalogs?

Send detailed emails
Host packet includes:
It’s showtime
3 catalogs
Gold flyer – opportunity
Invitations

Cook once serve twice in main dishes cookbook

All the best cookbook

Within 48 hours – call and thank guests for supporting my business. Have you given any thought to booking a show?

This is fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing.

THose are some really great tips---I had no idea the top part of the strawberry is the sweetest. I get the concept of power cooking, but what do you do to teach it. Do the guests make up meals while they are there like they would at dream dinners? Or do you just make two meals and they get the recipes? Could you post what recipes you do? I am really interested in doing this, but I think I am confused about what you actually demo.Thanks in advance

Recipes?That is great! I have been looking for something like this. I only saw 2 meals though - Mexican Chicken and Ceasar Chicken. What is the 3rd? Do you actually make the three meals for the host? Would you mind sharing your recipes? Thanks!

I have an email about this show... and it has some 12 to 13 recipes.

So which recipes are being made for the demo? I know the pull apart bread and the taco soup is being made for the guests and is ready when they get there... then dessert is a batch of brownies.

Bumping as someone was asking in Shout about this earlier. Does anyone have the recipes that they could share with us? Anyone have any other ideas or advice?

I am really interested in this too! Please share more any one who has it!!

more to come!!i promise i will share - i am knee deep in organizing and typing for the show as well as my open house, kids show, power cooking shows, and out of the box power cooking show all while traveling from london to la via boston!!!! seriously jetlagged - went to bed at 5:30 pm and up at 2:30 am!!!! and my husband's grandmother just passed away!!! as soon as i have everything together i will upload it!!!! recipes - meal planning - my show ideas, etc. sorry i don't have it finished already but just wanted you to know it is coming :)

jcwarr said:
i promise i will share - i am knee deep in organizing and typing for the show as well as my open house, kids show, power cooking shows, and out of the box power cooking show all while traveling from london to la via boston!!!! seriously jetlagged - went to bed at 5:30 pm and up at 2:30 am!!!! and my husband's grandmother just passed away!!! as soon as i have everything together i will upload it!!!! recipes - meal planning - my show ideas, etc. sorry i don't have it finished already but just wanted you to know it is coming :)

Excuses, excuses. Wow you are busy, we will be happy for the information whenever you can get it to us.

May your husband's grandmother's memories be a blessing.

Make sure you take some time for yourself with this busy schedule.

What is "Notes From Power Cooking Show"?

"Notes From Power Cooking Show" is a collection of recipes, tips, and tricks from our Pampered Chef cooking show hosts. It includes everything from quick and easy weeknight meals to show-stopping desserts.

How often are new notes added to "Notes From Power Cooking Show"?

New notes are added every week, so be sure to check back regularly for fresh inspiration and ideas for your next meal.

Are the recipes in "Notes From Power Cooking Show" easy to follow?

Yes, all the recipes featured in "Notes From Power Cooking Show" have been tested and approved by our Pampered Chef kitchen experts. They are designed to be easy to follow and use simple, everyday ingredients.

Can I access "Notes From Power Cooking Show" on my mobile device?

Yes, "Notes From Power Cooking Show" is accessible on any device with an internet connection. You can view it on your computer, tablet, or smartphone.

Do I need to be a Pampered Chef consultant to access "Notes From Power Cooking Show"?

No, "Notes From Power Cooking Show" is available to everyone, whether you are a Pampered Chef consultant or not. We believe in sharing our passion for cooking and helping everyone create delicious, homemade meals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebsApronStrings
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • winklermom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
skaugchef
  • flemings99