• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I successfully host a booking party/brunch as a new consultant?

In summary, Mrs. Net explained that she is having difficulty getting people to host shows and she told her director that she was going to have a champagne brunch at her place next month. Her director suggested she make it a booking party/brunch. Mrs. Net has no idea what to say at the end of the demo and she is at a loss as to what to do. She wants her biz to succeed and she is looking for ways to get people to book. She recommends that she read through the materials sent in her kit and take the online classes. She also recommends that she talk with her director about her concerns. Mrs. Net is still new and she wants her biz to succeed.
MrsNetNut404
But, last night I talked to my director and explained that I am having difficulty getting people to host shows. You'd think I had leprosy:yuck: the way people act! Anyway. I told her that next month I was planning on having a champagne brunch at my place for my monthly themed show. She suggested I make it a booking party/brunch. I thought that was a great idea, people who don't normally come because they think they are going to get a heavy handed sales pitch might be more inclined to make it. However, I still have a problem. Being a new consultant...I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO SAY! I mean, I plan on having an easy recipe demo, but other than that, what do you say at the end of it? I:eek: have only been to one other show, and that was the one I signed up at. It was interactive so there wasn't much talking by my director. She did some. Explained the business and stuff, but we were a bunch of chatty Kathies and she had to corral our attention most of the night. Anyway, my point is, I am at a loss as to what to do once the demo is over. Please help!

Mrs. Net

Your director needs to be there. She needs to help you get those bookings! It is in her best interest to help you get off to a strong start so insist she be there.

Thank you for the advice. Now that I think about it, she has not been very supportive ever since I signed up. You'd think she'd be excited about having a new recruit, but I guess not.

Are there other consultants in her downline that you've met? Can you ask them for assistance or to be there with you? If your Director can't be there, contact her upline Director; maybe that person can line up someone to be with you. If you have time before this show, get some friends or family together and practice in front of them. Go to Consultant's Corner; there are docs you can download that will give you the words to say. Stand in front of a mirror and read them over and over until you're comfortable saying them. And, if all else fails, tell the people at the show that you're still new and want your biz to succeed and offer an incentive to book. Remember, incentives don't have to be the most expensive item in the catalog; it can be a rub, a cookbook, a mini spatula, etc.

Have you talked with your director about your concerns? She can help you better if she knows what you need. Everyone is different and what she needed to get going was different than what you may need and it's possible she doesn't realize where you are at. Ask if there are any shows that you could observe. I also recommend that you read through the materials sent in your kit and take the online classes. Those resources will give you a lot of ideas to help you to feel more comfortable. I don't think your director necessarily needs to be there. If you feel you need the support then I would tell her that and ask her to come but if you practice - even if it's just to yourself in a mirror - you will feel more comfortable. (I still walk through the recipe while packing my kit - mostly to try not to forget anything but I do still go through it) Tell your guests you are new and they are your test subjects. Make it fun! No one is perfect and if you don't freak they won't notice.

Chefa,I have been looking on Consultant's Corner for these scripts that you mentioned. Can you tell me specifically where? Because I can't seem to find them. I could have just overlooked them. Thanks

Beth is right. When I started I was so excited I did not feel I needed my recruiter/Director there with me. I have never had her come to a party of mine in 12 years. BUT we are all very different. The big thing is this, if you have concerns, your director will never know nor be able to help unless you ask the questions or express your concerns. They are human after all and most are not mind readers. Remember too: "I am a Pampered Chef, not a perfect chef". That should help take the stress off. And if you feel left out in the cold by your director, set a plan and post it here. Someone should be able to help you out. DebPC has something similar I think on a yearly basis and she does quite well with it.

When I first started, the show presentation cards that came in the starter kit were a great help with scripts for planting booking and recruiting seeds throughout my show.

Thank you all for all of the great advice. I have already done normal shows. In fact I have one tomorrow and while I am very excited about it I am not at all nervous. My problem is not what to do at a normal show, my problem is that I don't know what to do at a "no selling/booking" show. This was an idea given to me by my director. I think its a great idea and I am very excited about doing it. However, I am at a loss as how to execute it. Again, thank you all for the great advice.

Well, now I get what you are asking. So they are invited to come to your party for the food and fun, right? Just tell them that. Talk about the recipe (demo) and then go through the catalog like you would one on one with a friend. Looky, looky at all the cool stuff! Thank them for coming and tell them you appreciate their business. Ask them to keep you in mind for their future PC needs and that you would love referrals. Then just party right with them.Then later follow up individually by asking if they had fun and if they would like to get those products free. Some will come to you and want more info about hosting or consulting but most will wait for you to ask.

You could call it a Tasting Party. Say you have a few PC few recipes you'd like try out on them and get their opinions. You could also take it a step further and have some try out the products at the show and then ask them, "Did they find it easy to use? yada yada yada.

Last edited:
My director and sponsor were both out of state. My director sent me one of the "cooking show live" videos. I watched the three presentations in it over and over and used the cards when I needed them my first show. I practiced out loud in the kitchen when everyone was at work/school. Get your guests to help you by using the product and asking them if they have one at home or what is their favorite. Sometimes that gets them talking about product. I haven't done a booking show yet.

1. What is the "Not to Beat a Dead Horse..." product used for?

The "Not to Beat a Dead Horse..." product is a handy kitchen tool designed to help you easily shred and tenderize cooked meats.

2. How does the "Not to Beat a Dead Horse..." work?

The "Not to Beat a Dead Horse..." has sharp stainless steel blades that can quickly shred and tenderize cooked meats with a simple back and forth motion.

3. Is the "Not to Beat a Dead Horse..." dishwasher safe?

Yes, the "Not to Beat a Dead Horse..." is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

4. Can the "Not to Beat a Dead Horse..." be used on other types of food besides meat?

While the "Not to Beat a Dead Horse..." is primarily designed for shredding and tenderizing meat, it can also be used on other cooked foods such as vegetables and fruits.

5. How do I store the "Not to Beat a Dead Horse..." when not in use?

The "Not to Beat a Dead Horse..." comes with a protective cover for safe storage in your kitchen utensil drawer. You can also hang it on a hook for easy access.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • DitzyChef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pkd09
  • goddessred