• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Throwing a Housewarming: Tips & Ideas for Beginners

In summary, if you don't mind paying up front, you can get your PWS now. You can set up catalog and cooking shows online, but you don't have access to individual online ordering or be able to set up a wedding registry. You can either have a housewarming party or an open house, but people think it's tacky to have a PC one.
Symara
Gold Member
Not sure where to put this, but I have someone asking about a house warming. Is there any way to do this? I don't have a website yet, just started.

Re: Housewarminig???If you don't mind paying up front, you actually can get your PWS now. You can set up catalog and cooking shows online. You just don't have access to individual online ordering (outlet, too) or be able to set up a wedding registry. I haven't done a house warming, so I'm no help there. :)

Re: Housewarminig???I have been pondering the housewarming idea for a few days now. I have a friend of a friend who I have been trying to get up the courage to talk to. Since she just bought a new house and has been working on it for a couple months now, I thought I would offer a housewarming party to her. For me, and knowing her, I think in our case an open house would do best. I'll come back to this when I have more time, and have thought my ideas through more.

Re: Housewarminig???I think we need a registry for housewarming that is similar to our bridal registry. It's just logical! Otherwise, I can see no feasible way of doing it except for having the host make a wishlist for you and then you communicating with all the guests. That's just a pain in arse!

Re: Housewarminig???I'm not too familiar with housewarming parties, with PC, anyway. I know people who just get settled into their new home will have a party that they put on and invite guests and they just eat food and socialize, and maybe people will bring a gift or something. Do people think it's tacky though to have a PC one? It's not just a PC party, but the host has a wish list, do people really do this? I'd feel weird doing it that way, but maybe this is the norm? (I don't mean to offend, I just plain am inexperienced in this area) :)***ETASee, I'd be more along the lines of..."Wow you have a new house! How does getting some friends together for a party sound. You'll get to show off your new home that people are excited and curious to check out, it's a great excuse for a get-together." Then it would just be a normal party, but the host would be telling people about it in that way. KWIM? Is this different?

Re: Housewarminig???I myself would jsut do the, get friends together type deal thing. It was just brought to my attention. I don't think people should have a party to just get gifts when it's not a baby shower or bridal shower.

I think that it's becoming a norm though due to places like Target that actually have a house warming registry

Re: Housewarminig???I've known of several that register and have house warming parties. It's always been fun and then people get things for there new house. Why not? It's also a fun time to get to show everyone the house that you just bought/built!!

Re: Housewarminig???I am doing one for a past host in March. I am going to get her wish list (since we don't have a registry) and send it in the evite and snail mail invites. Then word it that she gets the host benefits. Still working on the details though.

Re: Housewarminig???I did a housewarming for a couple back in September. I did it pretty much like a Bridal Shower. I had the couple pick out the items they wanted and printed out the pictures and put them on card stock (about 3X4 size), then glued the card stock to a dowel stick. Then I put all the dowel sticks into a basket (to resemble a basket of flowers) and tied a Fall ribbon on the handle. The idea is on Chef Success but it's done as a bridal basket. It worked out really well and everyone picked what they wanted to buy from the basket and brought them to me at checkout. Then in October I had a bridal shower so I spray painted the basket white, tied a white bow on the handle and it became a Bridal Basket. I reused the product sticks but had to make new ones to make sure I had everything the bride wanted. It also turned out really good and the Bride was impressed. There should be a picture of it on here somewhere because that's where I got the idea. Just use a natural colored basket with a colored ribbon and if you want to use it for a bridal shower then paint it white.

Re: Housewarminig???By helping the host get free products, guests are indirectly buying a gift for the hostess. I have had some of my best shows as house warming shows. Everyone comes to the party so they can see the house. We haven't done a gift list.

Re: Housewarminig???I've done it both ways. THe housewarming parties where people bought gifts for the new home owner were organized by a friend and they worked like a bridal shower. THe guests bought gifts for the homeowner and products for themselves.
A good friend had just a regular cooking show to show off her big remodel and it was my best show ever!! After hearing about the remodel for six months, everyon wanted to come check it out!

Re: Housewarminig???I did a kitchen "ribbon-cutting" type show theme in November since my host bought a new house and was pumped about her big new kitchen. It was great, had a lot of sales!!

1. What is the best time to host a housewarming party?

The best time to host a housewarming party is typically within a month of moving into your new home. This allows you enough time to get settled and unpacked, but it's still fresh and exciting for your guests to see your new space.

2. What are some budget-friendly ideas for a housewarming party?

One budget-friendly idea is to make it a potluck style party and have each guest bring a dish to share. You can also DIY decorations using items you already have in your home, such as candles, potted plants, or picture frames. Another option is to have a theme for the party, such as a game night or a wine tasting, which can be fun and affordable.

3. How many guests should I invite to my housewarming party?

This ultimately depends on the size of your new home and your personal preferences. A good rule of thumb is to invite close friends and family, as well as any new neighbors you want to get to know. You can also consider the amount of space you have for seating and mingling when deciding on the guest list.

4. What are some housewarming gifts I can give to my guests?

Some popular housewarming gifts include scented candles, personalized coasters or kitchen towels, a potted plant, or a gift card to a local restaurant or home decor store. You can also make homemade goodies, such as jam or cookies, to give as gifts.

5. Do I need to provide a full meal at my housewarming party?

No, you do not need to provide a full meal for your guests. You can keep it simple with finger foods and appetizers, or have a potluck style party where everyone brings a dish. You can also choose to have a specific theme for the food, such as a taco bar or a dessert party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chozengirl
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
Replies
Views
buzz26
  • brendaziz
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies