• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Starting the Party Early the Key to a Successful Cooking Show?

In summary, the host scheduled a show for 2 PM, but when the consultant arrived at 1:15, the driveway was full and the host told them 1 PM. The consultant started the show when he was done. The time the show was to start was 1:30, but the consultant arrived at 2 PM.
chesse
Gold Member
Anyway, I had a show today that was supposed to start at 2 PM. When I got there at 1:15, the driveway was full! Everyone was there already. The host told them 1 PM. They had socialized and started the sangria. I said Hello, set up and started the show when I was done. I started the BLT skillet demo and it was all on the stove ready to finish at 2:00! The time the show was to start! Amazing!!! I was out of the house around 3:30. I got two bookings from the show and I'm thinking about asking the hostesses to do the same thing! Less time on the job! What do you Cheffers think?

I would personally feel frazzled walking into that ... but that could just be me. :) I'm glad it was a success for you. :)

I would be worried about the guests seeing me as unprofessional at not being on time. I do encourage my hosts to pick a strange time, like 6:57 for a 7 PM show so that it sticks out to the invitees. Or if the Host knows her guests tend to be late, invite them for 6:30 when planning a 7:00 PM show, but be there early myself.

Gladut would it worked out in this situation, but wouldn't think it would work all of the time. None of the shows I have done have had alcohol at them. That may have helped the guests to be more carefree....

I agree, I think they would think I was late and unprofessional.

Ditto. I might have made it an interactive show.

I need to be there before the guests. I too, feel frazzled when I come in and some are already there even 30 minutes ahead of time. At least they were there. I had one show when I first started where no one was there, including the host. Ended up she told everyone the following Saturday. I had a 2 PM show an hour away the following day, but squeezed her in at 6 PM the following Saturday. I ended up with two $1000 shows in the same day.

This just goes to show that different things work for different people. If this didn't make you uncomfortable then do it! I'm sure the host told them you weren't arriving until later so they knew you were "early".

The host could invite with something like "Please arrive by 1 so we can meet and greet and have a glass of wine before the consultant arrives".

I have arrived at shows where some guests are already there and haven't had any problem feeling that they thought worse of me. I guess that is because once I arrived an hour after the start time (my fault, a duh moment) and I lived through it - thankfully they all laughed.

Oh yes, I'd follow what BethCooks4U said! I think I'm am going to try this format with this particular "group" to test it out. I am not frazzled easily! Too many years treading the boards in school and community theater for that. I just felt my time was better spent this way. Not waiting around for guest to dribble in. And someone is ALWAYS late. Then the whole show grinds to a halt while she greets everyone and settles in with a beverage and a whole buffet plate full!

1. What is "Not Sure Where to Post This!"?

"Not Sure Where to Post This!" is a common phrase used on social media platforms when someone is unsure which group or forum to post a particular topic or question.

2. How can I determine the best place to post my content?

The best way to determine where to post your content is to research different groups or forums that align with your topic. Look at the group's description or forum's categories to see if your content would be relevant. You can also reach out to group moderators or forum administrators for guidance.

3. Is it okay to post the same content in multiple places?

It is generally not recommended to post the same content in multiple places. This can be seen as spam and can result in your posts being deleted or you being removed from the group or forum. It's best to choose the most relevant place to post your content and stick with that.

4. Can I ask for help or recommendations in "Not Sure Where to Post This!"?

Yes, you can ask for help or recommendations in "Not Sure Where to Post This!" as long as it aligns with the group's or forum's guidelines. However, it's always a good idea to do some research first to see if your question has already been answered or if there is a better place to post it.

5. What should I do if I accidentally post in the wrong place?

If you accidentally post in the wrong place, the best thing to do is to delete your post and repost in the correct place. You can also reach out to the group's moderator or forum administrator to see if they can move your post to the appropriate location.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• clshirk
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
iluvmygarlicpress
  • DebbieJ
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
amerg
  • zookeeper614