• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Not Impressed With the Garlic Peeler ...

In summary, the garlic slicer and peeler are both great tools for garlic lovers. They are simple and easy to use, and they work well.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
so can anybody who's seen it and used it convince me to love it? It seems to me to be nothing more than a rubber tube to roll the garlic in. Seems to me I could roll the clove myself and get the same impact.

I feel the same way! However, it has the sticky static-clingy attraction to the garlic peel, so maybe that helps? I don't have it yet.

But I will say I'm in LOVE with my new garlic slicer! My husband (well, my entire family, actually) can't understand my new obsession!

I had something exactly like this years ago. It works really well. It's a lot easier than doing it without it or sitting there picking away at the skins. The only bad thing is that it is static-y and so it's hard to dump out the peels into the trash. You have to rinse it under the water and stick your fingers in there to kind of rub it off. I forgot to see if it's dishwasher safe though.

Yes, it does work really well. It is strange and simple, but some of the best tools are.

it works... simple concept, but it does work.. I love the garlic slicer too!

I LOVE the pineapple slicer. I had to put in on one of my barstools to use it though. My counter was too high for me. But it worked very well. Even hubby was impressed!

I like the peeler because I hate using my hands, I always hurt myself trying to do it by my hands! Plus you can do more than one at once.

How can you not like something if you've never used it?

When I used to have to peel garlic (before owning PC Garlic Press) I would usually have to slice off an edge of the garlic to get the peeling "started" or dig in with my nail to try to start peeling it. Not a big deal, but not the most pleasant task.

But, I just got my samples yesterday and I got both the peeler and the slicer. Yes, the peeler does seem silly, but IT WORKED! Really nicely. And you will need to peel your garlic before using it in the slicer. I thought the two worked nicley together. And the all the skins rinsed away very easily with running water.

Oh, and don't get me started on the Slicer. It is WONDERFUL!! I am now looking for recipes that call for sliced garlic just so I can use it. I think this is my favorite product this season. It is really cool! I can't wait to start selling this. I think I will bring cloves of garlic to every show (if the recipes don't call for it) just so I can show the garlic slicer.

Di_Can_Cook said:
so can anybody who's seen it and used it convince me to love it? It seems to me to be nothing more than a rubber tube to roll the garlic in. Seems to me I could roll the clove myself and get the same impact.

Have you tried it? If not, you will be amazed. I use fresh garlic alot and I LOVE it. I used to smashed it with a knife but this is really awsome!!!

I agree... try it. I just used it yesterday to make the grill chicken penne in the DCB. It worked great. I then used the garlic slicer (LOVE IT) I did not cut the end off the clove before rolling it in the peeler. I used big and small cloves. The big ones need more pressure, but the skin came right off.

I used to think the mix 'n chop was really silly then finally (this summer) I tried and I was sold. The point is, you have to try things before you can make an informed opinion on something. If you did not earn the new products, hook up with your director and ask her if you can try some of them for yourself.

I got to try it with the garlic slicer at my directors house the other night. I thought it was cool and makes a great pairing with the garlic slicer! I still am the biggest fan of the garlic press (I own 4 of them). :)

I really like it. I am using it nearly everyday now. When I am done I either rinse it or put it in the silverware tray of my dishwasher. I used it at a show this week and right away the guests wanted to know who was having the 1st March show so that they could order it.

When I saw it demonstrated at my directors, the same thought went into my head; I'll bet I can just roll it with my hand and get the same results. Wrong, well I could, but it was painful! So, just think of it more as a protectant for your hand ;)

pjpamchef said:
When I saw it demonstrated at my directors, the same thought went into my head; I'll bet I can just roll it with my hand and get the same results. Wrong, well I could, but it was painful! So, just think of it more as a protectant for your hand ;)

That's a good idea for a demo. Have a guest do it without the tool and then with and have her share what she thinks.

I L-O-V-E both the peeler and the slicer!! I have been taking them to shows and I'm amazed at the pre-orders and bookings that have come from showing them. I bring a head of garlic and let the guests play before and after the show.

I demoed the peeler & slicer at the last show I had (hoping for March bookings). I passed around the peeler and garlic cloves. I told everyone the extra benefits of the peeler is a hand massage. Some people wanted another clove to "massage" the other hand.

Curlyone said:
I LOVE the pineapple slicer. I had to put in on one of my barstools to use it though. My counter was too high for me. But it worked very well. Even hubby was impressed!

Could you try it on a kitchen table instead? They are usually lower than the counter.

Curlyone said:
Cut the pineapple in half first (cut through the equator) and then it's much easier to use.

Okay, I have used a garlic peeler (not ours & was impressed w/ it). I didn't earn it so I used my flexible funnel & put the clove in the round part & rolled it. It worked great. I also loved the slice, that worked nicely too.

Can't try it ... I don't own it ... but the description helps.

I can now answer questions from customers much more inteligently!

Chefgirl2 said:
I L-O-V-E both the peeler and the slicer!! I have been taking them to shows and I'm amazed at the pre-orders and bookings that have come from showing them. I bring a head of garlic and let the guests play before and after the show.

Take a Hershey chocolate bar and use the garlic slicer! I had 10 guest at a show the other night after showing this...6 of the 10 booked a show!!! HELLO! Can we say this is my new fav thing!!!:D

lmradlein said:
Take a Hershey chocolate bar and use the garlic slicer! I had 10 guest at a show the other night after showing this...6 of the 10 booked a show!!! HELLO! Can we say this is my new fav thing!!!:D

I hate asking stupid questions, :eek: and maybe I need more coffee, but what does it do to the Hershey bar? I can't imagine that it'll slice it, does it just give little slivers? :confused:

ChefPaulaB said:
I hate asking stupid questions, :eek: and maybe I need more coffee, but what does it do to the Hershey bar? I can't imagine that it'll slice it, does it just give little slivers? :confused:

Yes, you get little slices of chocolate just like it does with the garlic. You can also use it on parmesean cheese.

wadesgirl said:
Yes, you get little slices of chocolate just like it does with the garlic. You can also use it on parmesean cheese.

Oh YUMMO!!! :):love:

I just used the peeler tonight for the first time, and wow, it really does work well! I'm beginning to wish I had the slicer too... Hooray for KE month, will March please hurry up and be over. And yes, I do realise that we are still in February, LOL.

What are some common complaints about the garlic peeler?

Some customers have complained that the garlic peeler doesn't work as well as they had hoped. Others have mentioned that the peeler is difficult to clean or breaks easily.

How do I use the garlic peeler?

To use the garlic peeler, simply place a clove of garlic inside the silicone tube and roll it back and forth with your hands. The peel should come off easily and leave your garlic intact.

Can the garlic peeler be used for other types of produce?

While the garlic peeler is designed specifically for garlic, some customers have had success using it for other small produce items such as shallots or cherry tomatoes. However, it may not work as well for larger or harder produce.

Is the garlic peeler dishwasher safe?

Yes, the garlic peeler is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, some customers have reported that hand washing with warm soapy water is more effective in removing garlic residue.

What if I am still not satisfied with the garlic peeler?

We value our customers' satisfaction and offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are not completely happy with your garlic peeler, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mike nike
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
Replies
Views
raebates
  • JennyJennJen
  • Products and Tips
Replies