• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Not Impressed With New Products

In summary, the new products seem nice, but nothing really catches my eye. I like the bamboo stuff, but nothing is really catching my eye. I think I'm the only one not all that impressed with the new products.
I used the Chip 'n Dip Tray yesterday at my Super Bowl Party. No one commented on it. I mentioned it was a new product and that it was dishwasher safe. They were more impressed with the Trifle Bowl.

Remember on the pineapple wedger that you need to rock it to use it - don't try to push it straight down, that's too hard!! And also, you can turn it 90 degrees after your first cut and then you'll get chunked pineapple.

c00p said:
Remember on the pineapple wedger that you need to rock it to use it - don't try to push it straight down, that's too hard!! And also, you can turn it 90 degrees after your first cut and then you'll get chunked pineapple.

And, if you are vertically challenged (i.e.: short) like me, it is kind of tough to use. I had a hard time getting leverage on it last night. I think it was Deb who mentioned that the Test Kitchen Guy said this might be tougher if you are on the short side, and to cut the pineapple in half. I'll do that next time, I wanted to see how difficult it was to do it whole...it was difficult :thumbdown:. But, the end result was great :thumbup:

pamperedlinda said:
And, if you are vertically challenged (i.e.: short) like me, it is kind of tough to use. I had a hard time getting leverage on it last night. I think it was Deb who mentioned that the Test Kitchen Guy said this might be tougher if you are on the short side, and to cut the pineapple in half. I'll do that next time, I wanted to see how difficult it was to do it whole...it was difficult :thumbdown:. But, the end result was great :thumbup:

I'm not vertically challenged - but I've used my pineapple wedger twice now, both times with a taller pineapple, and still find that it works much better if I cut the pineapple in half. But man, I love that thing! We love fresh pineapple, and I am thrilled that I can peel and wedge one so easily now!

(pineapples are $2.79 at Costco all the time!:thumbup:)

I love everything so far. But I have to say that every time I show someone the Garlic Peeler, we all go into a fit of giggles! :balloon: It's kind of silly, and seems so basic, I haven't tried it yet, and I'm sure that it works, just not sure that anyone will actually buy it... maybe as a set with the slicer (I don't have that yet)...

ChefPaulaB said:
I love everything so far. But I have to say that every time I show someone the Garlic Peeler, we all go into a fit of giggles! :balloon: It's kind of silly, and seems so basic, I haven't tried it yet, and I'm sure that it works, just not sure that anyone will actually buy it... maybe as a set with the slicer (I don't have that yet)...

My mom bought me a garlic peeler just like ours many years ago. It was just a different color. It works great. The one she gave me had a little plastic tube container with snap on lid to store it in--something about the material really likes to attract crumbs and dust. It would be nice if ours came with one too.

itsjustCarla said:
I think I'm the only one not all that impressed with the new products. I like the new bamboo stuff, but nothing is really catching my eye.

I agree with you. I don't dislike any of it but I am not EXCITED about anything other than the DCB being in white b/c I have a customer that has been dying for it to come out in white but if not for her it would not matter to me. I am curious about a few things but not all jumping stumps over them like I have done with some things in the past.

chefann said:
I'm on the "it's your attitude" bandwagon, too! I was the only person from my cluster to attend Leadership, and I did a small presentation about the new items at our cluster meeting Friday night. One consultant who was there kept hounding me with questions and comments about the products that were very negative, and things that HO doesn't announce (she wanted to know about items she's suggested and whether HO said that they're working on them for future seasons). Everything with her was: "Why is it all made in China?" "How come they think we need metal pans?" "Why did they introduce the white instead of just keeping the French Vanilla?" "What did they say we should say to our customers about lead, since everything is made in China and will be contaminated." "Why so much bamboo?" "Again with the ugly green?" (Never mind that the green is so that it still matches the items already in the outdoor entertaining collections.) I think that she'll have a hard time selling any of the new things, since she's so down on it all.

Even if you're not excited about everything, pick one or two items that you ARE excited about, and gush about them.

Tell her on the white instead of the french vanilla, it coordinates with the Simple Additions.

I LOVE the garlic peeler!! When I took it out of the plastic, I was thinking, what the heck? Who is going to buy a tube of rubber?? Then I used it - LOVE it!! I hate peeling garlic and this is sooo easy - 3 rolls and all the skin was gone! I will be using this for a demo at every show!

I just got caught up here and I have to laugh Chris!
I got my SAT stuff Friday. Opened up the Chip & Dip and set it on the kitchen table. I put the C&D box back in the shipping box. So PAt comes home about an hour later and after getting comfortable, picks up the C&D and asks me when I went to K-Mart. I was in the other room so I did not know he had the C&D in his hand. I told him I didn't, why? Then he says, "Well, where di you get this? The Dollar Store?" So I nearly fell of my chair when you made that comment!! WAY TO FUNNY! I do not think it is worth $19.50 either Keith but I am not buying it so, I will keep my mouth shut. My customers will let me know what they think of it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
marystell1
Replies
Views
mspibb