• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Not Impressed With New Products

In summary, the new products seem nice, but nothing really catches my eye. I like the bamboo stuff, but nothing is really catching my eye. I think I'm the only one not all that impressed with the new products.
itsjustCarla
I think I'm the only one not all that impressed with the new products. I like the new bamboo stuff, but nothing is really catching my eye.

Really? I got my SAT stuff yesterday and love it! I have customers already excited to see what is new! Sorry you aren't happy with the new ones!

As they were announcing the products at Leadership, I initially had mixed feelings. Then I got to see them up close in the product room and became more excited. Now that I've unpacked my boxes, I'm really pleased. While a few products don't do anything for me...others have me over the moon (i.e. the steamer, saute tongs, bamboo cracker tray and bowls, and the Volume II cookbook).

Maybe it's because I haven't seen the product in person yet, but I know how you feel. While I think the new products are nice, there isn't anything that's shouting "have to get that!" to me.

"HAVE TO GET THAT":

Bamboo Grinder Stand (we needed that)
Bamboo Cracker Tray & Bamboo Snack Bowls (too cute!)
Pineapple Wedger
Saute Tongs
Garlic Slicer

DH adds Stainless Steamer (he also loves the saute tongs and is warming to the bamboo)

I also love the Bamboo Medium Platter and when I get it (they're back ordered) I am going to try the Kernel Cutter to scrape the pineapple off the rind that is "wasted" by using the wedger and then use it for recipes that call for crushed pineapple. If that works I will LOVE that tool too.

BethCooks4U said:
"HAVE TO GET THAT":

Bamboo Grinder Stand (we needed that)
Bamboo Cracker Tray & Bamboo Snack Bowls (too cute!)
Pineapple Wedger
Saute Tongs
Garlic Slicer

DH adds Stainless Steamer (he also loves the saute tongs and is warming to the bamboo)

I also love the Bamboo Medium Platter and when I get it (they're back ordered) I am going to try the Kernel Cutter to scrape the pineapple off the rind that is "wasted" by using the wedger and then use it for recipes that call for crushed pineapple. If that works I will LOVE that tool too.

That is such a great idea! I wasn't loving the kernel cutter (just not something I see myself using) but if I could use it for that - it's estimation would go way up in my eyes!

I have been playing today with my SAT stuff (too sick yesterday to care!) and I have to say that I'm not feeling the love for the Saute Tongs. I tried them out, and they just seem awkward to me. Maybe if they were shorter, but they seem too long and hard to manage.

I have the 8" square metal pan in the oven right now w/ lemon bars in it! I am thrilled to have an 8" pan!
DS used a bamboo snack bowl for some pineapple that I cored with the new corer - LOVE it!
Love the new cookbook - and I cannot WAIT to use the sauces. DH and I tasted both of them, and I can't decide which one is my favorite!

I really like the Collapsible Bowls. Whenever I brought the 8 quart one to shows I sold at least one. I'm into the Kernel Cutter because I have a child with braces. He loves corn on the cob, but I don't like taking it off the cob. Hopefully, this will work out great. Can't wait to try the dipping oil seasoning.

I gave away Mini Cattys at a Trade Show last night. No one seemed too thrilled with them BUT I think they would have changed their mind if they SAW the products (at least I am hoping)....

on the pineapple corer is the middle piece supposed to be a straight circle? I know you cant really have a straight circle but the center on my corer looks a little mishaped

I used the pineapple wedger today...not good at all. A sharp knife does a much better job.I love the bamboo items!Robin

LOVE:
Pineapple Wedger - it was a big hit at conference so it'll be a big hit with our customers
Saute Tongs -my husband is very impressed
29 Min Vol 2 -- made SEVERAl recipes since Leadership! LOVE both the 29 min!
White DVB - glad there's something for people who cranberry just doesn't go - Options :)
Collapsible Bowls - nice to have varying sizes :) - Options :)
Salt/Pepper stand - :) no more salt/pepper on the
Sauces - yum!! Keepin' up with Tastefully Simple...since they try keeping up with us and our beer bread :)
Steamer - -AMEN! I requested this about a year or so ago after I earned the 7-pc Exec Cookware with the Pan-o-rama...I had to keep one of my old RevereWare pots to steam my veggies with because my steamer would scratch the Exec ! So I'm VERY HAPPY I HAVE THAT ! ! ! ! ! ! :)

The Bamboo stuff...well, i'm not nuts over it, but I know people wanted a bigger Bamboo Bowl. The Platters seem a bit flat to me, not enough side to it, but my husband said for just a few appetizers it's good, just not something you'd want to load down and then carry across the room ...But they are beautiful and very smooth, and my husband's words, "very well made!"
:)

Personally I'm glad the bamboo trays are flatter unlike the SA large serving tray. You loose sooooo much room on the platter by having the edges. To me, that's a waste. I probably don't do much of passing them around, just having them sitting on a table to serve with.

From what I've seen I like everything except the chip and dip. I use my collapsible bowl to mix salsas in then collapse it down, wipe down the edges and put chips on the outer ring... weird to me that they made the chip and dip platter to compliment the collapsible bowls when you can use them for the same thing!

pampermejolene said:
From what I've seen I like everything except the chip and dip. I use my collapsible bowl to mix salsas in then collapse it down, wipe down the edges and put chips on the outer ring... weird to me that they made the chip and dip platter to compliment the collapsible bowls when you can use them for the same thing!

I think the chip n dip is a total ripoff for $19.50!

I love all the bamboo and cannot wait to get my kernel cutter. We live in a big sweet corn area. Wonder if I can go around to the stands this summer and sell a bunch of them! I agree that the chip n dip is outrageously priced but think it's a great product for people who don't see the extra usage out of the coll bowl. I love the smaller coll bowl, so much better to carry to shows!

leftymac said:
I think the chip n dip is a total ripoff for $19.50!

I have to agree with you there... glad I earned it. I would not have bought it. my 14 year old son is thrilled to use it for his chips and salsa.. it was the hit last night when he had a friend over.

I want all of the bamboo though.. it is so cool!

stefani2 said:
I gave away Mini Cattys at a Trade Show last night. No one seemed too thrilled with them BUT I think they would have changed their mind if they SAW the products (at least I am hoping)....

How come so early? These aren't available until March 1. I thought we weren't supposed to release them this early!

I got my SAT box yesterday and love it all! My DD & SIL's friends came over for dinner tonight and we used the Medium Bamboo Tray for our rolls. My DD mad the Pulled Pork from the new 29 Minutes to Dinner. Their friends were my top hosts for last year so we wanted to let them see the new stuff. They are booking a Catalog Show for April since that is the Host Specials!

I love the bamboo products, but not sure how well they will go over. I think they are a little pricey.

I cannot stand any of the green stuff! I'm glad they came out w/a smaller bowl though, I never purchased the large one because I didn't want it! Now I can have a sample for my shows.

Not thrilled w/the pineapple corer - I like using a forged knife.

I haven't tried the sauces yet, I may open the pineapple one tomorrow.

I HATE the chip & dip. It looks like something from the Dollar Store. I like the look of the Bamboo platters, but not sure I would ever use them. I think I will LOVE the stainless steamer. I hope these products do well!!

pampered.chris said:
I HATE the chip & dip. It looks like something from the Dollar Store. I like the look of the Bamboo platters, but not sure I would ever use them. I think I will LOVE the stainless steamer. I hope these products do well!!

I thoght that too, I have no idea what I"m going to do w/ it...

pcchefjane said:
How come so early? These aren't available until March 1. I thought we weren't supposed to release them this early!

You can release them "early" but just not sell them until March 1st. I am not going to even talk about the new products because my Feb is still not the way I want it. My first Feb show is in the middle of Feb so I'll probably start bringing a sneak peak item to those shows.

i have fallen for the whole spring line!. some stuff i think will be more useful than others but i want it all. (with exception of the DCB and rectangle baker) the bamboo platters i think will be great to serve grilled goodies!every time we grill we take the raw food out n the cutting board then i have to find a platter not in use... i can't wait to get the new stuff!

It's all in the attitude people. Try thinking positive.

I had a show today and took all of my earned new products and got some pretty positive reviews. I used the bamboo platter by placing a brick of cream cheese on it and then pouring the spicy pinapple sauce over top of the cream cheese. I had at least 7 ladies tell me they wanted it. The hardest part was telling everyone that it wasn't available until March.

I agree about the chip and dip. Cheap looking and it reminds me of the outdoor plates...just deeper wells. I guess that is one way to market the darn thing! : )

Deb's right. You can't possibly like everything but someone will die for your least favorite thing. Get the things you like and demo or show those. If I don't like something I don't talk about it. I let the catalog and customers talk about those things. Remember that our company is trying to appeal to everyone so we have to have variety.

For example, I do not like the sheet pans and new square metal pan but I know that many of my customers will love them. I am thrilled that we have a small sheet pan now because I can bring that for display (so much lighter) and they can see the quality. I have talked about them - saying things like "we know stoneware isn't for everyone so for those of you who prefer your metal pans we now have awesome ones for you! They are heavy duty and will not warp like others do" - but I don't promote them. If someone asks I tell them that I haven't used any metal pans for over 20 years and honestly keep forgetting to use them. I then tell them why they're good and I have promised to put them where I will grab them as quickly as my stones so that I give them a try so I better do just that - I have more parties coming up with these people.

Thanks Beth.I also appreciate that all of the new products are moderately priced. People will buy them!

I've appreciated the beauty of the vanilla and cranberry stoneware, but I'm overjoyed that we now have white. My good dishes are white and cobalt. Now I can set a pretty table (on my new dining table in my first real dining room since I left home in 1974!!!!) with our stones!!!

I've never personally liked plastic (don't like the feel, I guess) but I can see that the outdoor entertainers would enjoy the new products.

We had our Spring Kick-Off this morning. Since I had to miss Leadership this year it was my first opportunity to see the products. Mine were at my door when I got home tonight.

Refresh my memory--when do we get the kernal cutters again?

Nanisu said:
Refresh my memory--when do we get the kernal cutters again?

I believe they said by mid-February.

I'm so excited about the new line!! There is so much stuff this time that I can see myself and others using! I think the bamboo will be a huge hit and the collapsible bowls are awesome, plus I love the new metal sheet pan and the baking dish! I know that some don't like the chip and dip tray, but it is very thick and sturdy, you wouldn't be able to find that at the dollar store. So, let's go out there and sell, sell, sell...enthusiasm is contagious, but so is negativity!! :D

Last edited:
I finally got around to unpacking my products this morning. Love them! I'm very excited to have great items at really affordable prices to offer my customers this season. Plus, they aren't very heavy so taking them shows won't kill my shoulders ;)

BethCooks4U said:
Deb's right. You can't possibly like everything but someone will die for your least favorite thing. Get the things you like and demo or show those. If I don't like something I don't talk about it. I let the catalog and customers talk about those things. Remember that our company is trying to appeal to everyone so we have to have variety.

For example, I do not like the sheet pans and new square metal pan but I know that many of my customers will love them. I am thrilled that we have a small sheet pan now because I can bring that for display (so much lighter) and they can see the quality. I have talked about them - saying things like "we know stoneware isn't for everyone so for those of you who prefer your metal pans we now have awesome ones for you! They are heavy duty and will not warp like others do" - but I don't promote them. If someone asks I tell them that I haven't used any metal pans for over 20 years and honestly keep forgetting to use them. I then tell them why they're good and I have promised to put them where I will grab them as quickly as my stones so that I give them a try so I better do just that - I have more parties coming up with these people.

ITA Beth! I wasn't thrilled about the metal sheet pans when they came out but we do have a market for them and they are very STRUDY and Cheap! People are very impressed when I pass mine around to see how heavy they are and talk about how well priced they are! ;)

The Bamboo is fantastic I think, for this "going green-renuable resource" shift in this more conscientious enviornment. I LOVE All of it!:D

And what I may not be impressed with each season(the white glaze stones) , there is sure to be a marekt out there that will!:)

Attitude is everthing as Belinda Elllsworth stated!:p

I'm on the "it's your attitude" bandwagon, too! I was the only person from my cluster to attend Leadership, and I did a small presentation about the new items at our cluster meeting Friday night. One consultant who was there kept hounding me with questions and comments about the products that were very negative, and things that HO doesn't announce (she wanted to know about items she's suggested and whether HO said that they're working on them for future seasons). Everything with her was: "Why is it all made in China?" "How come they think we need metal pans?" "Why did they introduce the white instead of just keeping the French Vanilla?" "What did they say we should say to our customers about lead, since everything is made in China and will be contaminated." "Why so much bamboo?" "Again with the ugly green?" (Never mind that the green is so that it still matches the items already in the outdoor entertaining collections.) I think that she'll have a hard time selling any of the new things, since she's so down on it all.Even if you're not excited about everything, pick one or two items that you ARE excited about, and gush about them.

I wasn't excited about the corn cutter, because I was under the impression it was for getting the kernals off the cob before cooking....so you could freeze. But someone mentioned that their son loved corn on the cob but couldn't eat it because of braces and they were excited because now they could easily get the kernals off. So is it for before or after cooking. would think it would be really sharp for using before you cooked the corn and so would be dangerous for using after the corn i cooked. So, what is use and care saying?

Shawnna said:
I wasn't excited about the corn cutter, because I was under the impression it was for getting the kernals off the cob before cooking....so you could freeze. But someone mentioned that their son loved corn on the cob but couldn't eat it because of braces and they were excited because now they could easily get the kernals off. So is it for before or after cooking. would think it would be really sharp for using before you cooked the corn and so would be dangerous for using after the corn i cooked. So, what is use and care saying?

It can probably be used for both.

Shawnna said:

No one has received this one yet--on backorder-- so no one can read the Use & Care and tell you.

They said at leadership (there was a video somewhere that I saw) that it could be used on either cooked or uncooked corn on the cob. I'm also going to try it to scrape out the "wasted" pineapple from using the wedger - fresh crushed pineapple. I can't wait for the kernel cutter to get here so I can try it!

I'm never as impressed with the spring line-up as the fall ... that's just me.

I DO love the white stoneware, grinder stand and kernal cutter.

Not sure what I'm going to do with that cracker tray.

I'm intrigued by those dipping spices and want to add them to my rice ...

Ann F said:
I've appreciated the beauty of the vanilla and cranberry stoneware, but I'm overjoyed that we now have white. My good dishes are white and cobalt. Now I can set a pretty table (on my new dining table in my first real dining room since I left home in 1974!!!!) with our stones!!!

I've never personally liked plastic (don't like the feel, I guess) but I can see that the outdoor entertainers would enjoy the new products.

We had our Spring Kick-Off this morning. Since I had to miss Leadership this year it was my first opportunity to see the products. Mine were at my door when I got home tonight.

I"m concerned about the white stones staining badly...as what happened w/ my vanilla..I do like the white, but wish they cleaned up better so they didn't look dirty. I prob will bring mine to show.
I am using the chip dip bowl tonight for a few friends we are having over for the game, I'll put chips and salsa in it, and I am using the bamboo platters to serve pizza and wings.

Okay - I'm in the minority here, but I love the new Chip n Dip!

I think it's great for using outdoors, and it will match all of my other PC Picnic serving stuff. It will be great for veggies and dip, or fruit and dip, or chips and salsa.....I was thinking I'd like 2 of them!:D

chefsteph07 said:
I"m concerned about the white stones staining badly...as what happened w/ my vanilla..I do like the white, but wish they cleaned up better so they didn't look dirty. I prob will bring mine to show.
I am using the chip dip bowl tonight for a few friends we are having over for the game, I'll put chips and salsa in it, and I am using the bamboo platters to serve pizza and wings.

Use one of those scotch green scrubbies and just a drop of dish soap to clean the outside of the white stones - that's what kept my french vanilla ones like new.

ChefBeckyD said:

I think it's great for using outdoors, and it will match all of my other PC Picnic serving stuff. It will be great for veggies and dip, or fruit and dip, or chips and salsa.....I was thinking I'd like 2 of them!:D

DH didn't like the chip/dip bowl at all until I pointed out that it would be perfect for a lot of things (as you mentioned) in the warm weather and along side our other outdoor pieces.

ChefBeckyD said:

I actually like it too. I thought I wouldn't by the pic, but once I saw it in person, I liked it way better than seeing the pic.

BethCooks4U said:
Use one of those scotch green scrubbies and just a drop of dish soap to clean the outside of the white stones - that's what kept my french vanilla ones like new.

I lLOVE the "magic erasers" and I bet they would be GREAT for the outside of the stones!

chefann said:
I'm on the "it's your attitude" bandwagon, too! I was the only person from my cluster to attend Leadership, and I did a small presentation about the new items at our cluster meeting Friday night. One consultant who was there kept hounding me with questions and comments about the products that were very negative, and things that HO doesn't announce (she wanted to know about items she's suggested and whether HO said that they're working on them for future seasons). Everything with her was: "Why is it all made in China?" "How come they think we need metal pans?" "Why did they introduce the white instead of just keeping the French Vanilla?" "What did they say we should say to our customers about lead, since everything is made in China and will be contaminated." "Why so much bamboo?" "Again with the ugly green?" (Never mind that the green is so that it still matches the items already in the outdoor entertaining collections.) I think that she'll have a hard time selling any of the new things, since she's so down on it all.

Even if you're not excited about everything, pick one or two items that you ARE excited about, and gush about them.

Don't get me wrong......it's not like I HATE the new products, because I don't. I guess it's like Christmas....everyone gets hyped up and excited and then......the let-down when it's all over. I definately don't have the attitude that you described, but I just didn't find the new products all that exciting - at least not all of them anyway.

I tried the pineapple wedger today and had a really hard time cutting through the pineapple. Has anyone tried this yet? I don't know if I did not have the right sized pineapple???:chef:

BethCooks4U said:

good post beth especially the part that I bolded! I like the sheet pans but I love stoneware best and I like the idea of being able to bring a small one so that my kit isn't so heavy and my back won't have to pay the price!:thumbup::balloon:

I have to admit that when I saw the new saute tongs at Leadership that I wasn't thrilled at all about them and was secretly wishing that they would've made the Chef's tongs better by putting silicone on the handles (at the top) so they would stop pinching me!! HOWEVER, I actually used the saute tongs last night when I was cooking orange chicken because the chef's tongs were way too big to turn the individual pieces of chicken while they were cooking. It was actually nice to have the smaller tongs and they worked perfectly. Ok, I admit - I like them!!

I couldn't understand the big fuss over the pineapple wedger... until I had some fresh pineapple yesterday. Someone brought a fruit tray to my SIL's yesterday and it had fresh pineapple on it. OMG! I forgot how great it was! The women all stood around the tray talking about how great it was, but what a pain it was to cut. Enter me with my mini-catty ( ;) never miss an opportunity!) and we were all excited! Now I can't wait to get it!

<h2>What are the new products currently being offered by Pampered Chef?</h2><p>The new products currently being offered by Pampered Chef include bamboo kitchen tools, cookware sets, air fryers, and meal prep containers.</p><h2>Why do you think the new products are not impressive?</h2><p>Everyone has different preferences and tastes, so it is possible that the new products do not align with your specific needs or interests. We strive to offer a variety of products to cater to different customer preferences.</p><h2>Are there any new products that have been popular among customers?</h2><p>Yes, the new bamboo kitchen tools have been very popular among customers. They are eco-friendly, durable, and versatile, making them a great addition to any kitchen.</p><h2>Can I return a product if I am not satisfied with it?</h2><p>Yes, we have a satisfaction guarantee policy. If you are not completely satisfied with a product, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange.</p><h2>Will there be more new products coming out in the future?</h2><p>Yes, we are constantly working on developing new and innovative products to enhance our customers' cooking and kitchen experiences. Make sure to keep an eye out for any new releases!</p>

What are the new products currently being offered by Pampered Chef?

The new products currently being offered by Pampered Chef include bamboo kitchen tools, cookware sets, air fryers, and meal prep containers.

Why do you think the new products are not impressive?

Everyone has different preferences and tastes, so it is possible that the new products do not align with your specific needs or interests. We strive to offer a variety of products to cater to different customer preferences.

Are there any new products that have been popular among customers?

Yes, the new bamboo kitchen tools have been very popular among customers. They are eco-friendly, durable, and versatile, making them a great addition to any kitchen.

Can I return a product if I am not satisfied with it?

Yes, we have a satisfaction guarantee policy. If you are not completely satisfied with a product, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange.

Will there be more new products coming out in the future?

Yes, we are constantly working on developing new and innovative products to enhance our customers' cooking and kitchen experiences. Make sure to keep an eye out for any new releases!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
marystell1
Replies
Views
mspibb