• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Productivity: Effective Meeting Strategies and Overcoming Challenges

In summary, the speaker has been facing an unusual problem where their director lives in another state and their recruiter, who is now a future director, hosts meetings at her house. However, the recruiter is not prepared for the meetings and the speaker feels it is a waste of time. They have also had health issues and need more support. They are considering reaching out to a hospitality director for help, but they don't want to hurt their recruiter's feelings. Suggestions are provided to talk to the upline director and utilize online resources for support.
dollfangs
Silver Member
I have an unusual problem. My director lives in another state and my recruiter is now a future director so has been hosting meetings at her house. She is not prepared for the meetings and has actually joked about the fact that she is looking over the information for the first time when we are. The meetings last about 2 hours and I feel this is a total waste of my time as I never get anything usefull out of them and I usually know more than she does about the products as I read the weekly bites and everything. I have also had many health issues this year and have had to take 2 leaves and need some support and suggestions to help me get back in the swing but she has none. I want to try to go to a hospitality director and start going to the meetings but I don't want to hurt my recruiter's feelings as I do like her very much even if she isn't a good organizer. Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks so much

Do what's right for you.My suggestion is to do what you need to do! Your recruiter is not your boss, or superior. This is your business and you value your time, which you should. If these meetings are a waste of time, then I believe you need to do something different!

If you are not getting the help you need from her that you need to look upline. I would talk to your Director and see if she has any suggestions first. Your Director can also put in a hospitality request for you.

You can still maintain a friendship with your recruiter because she obviously wants you to succeed if she is trying meetings. Be honest with her! Let her know that you need more than she can give you!

Just some suggestions.

I agree - this is your time and time is very valuable! My director also lives in another state but she keeps in great contact with me has hosted a few conference calls which are perfect for me! Definitely talk to your upline for more suggestions. I have also found this website extrememly helpful! It's another resourse for informtaion and support from other consultants and you have access to it 24/7!! Plus, your not required to go to these meetings so don't feel like you have to attend them.

Hospitality MeetingsMy director is also out of state but she asked her upline director for suggestions of hospitality directors in my area. It's been the best thing for me as I not only get information from my director over the phone but I'm also connected in my area for local help.
Julie Hummel
www.pamperedchef.biz/shopping
[email protected] :D

for reaching out and sharing your concerns. It sounds like you have been facing some challenges with your current meeting situation and I can understand how frustrating and unproductive that can feel. I'm sorry to hear about your health issues and I hope you are feeling better now.As a consultant, it is important to have a supportive and organized team to help you succeed. I would suggest talking to your recruiter and expressing your concerns and needs. Let her know that you appreciate her efforts, but you feel like you could benefit from a more structured and informative meeting. This way, you are not hurting her feelings, but also addressing your own needs.Additionally, you can reach out to your hospitality director and see if they have any resources or support for consultants facing health challenges. They may also have more organized and informative meetings that could benefit you.Remember, communication is key in any relationship. Be open and honest with your recruiter and hospitality director, and I'm sure they will be understanding and willing to help you in any way they can. Best of luck to you!

1. Why do meetings always seem to go on longer than scheduled?

Meetings can often go on longer than scheduled due to poor time management. This can be caused by a lack of structure, too many participants, or discussions that go off-topic. It's important to set a clear agenda, stick to the topic at hand, and designate a timekeeper to ensure meetings stay on track.

2. How can I make meetings more productive?

To make meetings more productive, it's important to have a clear purpose and goal for each meeting. Set an agenda and share it with participants beforehand so everyone knows what to expect. Encourage active participation and limit distractions such as phones or side conversations. Follow up on action items and establish accountability for tasks assigned during the meeting.

3. What should I do if I feel like my input is not valued during meetings?

If you feel like your input is not valued during meetings, it's important to communicate your concerns with the meeting organizer or facilitator. They may not be aware of the issue and can take steps to ensure all participants have a chance to share their thoughts. You can also try speaking up during the meeting and making your voice heard, or sending your ideas or suggestions via email after the meeting.

4. How can I handle conflicts or disagreements during meetings?

Conflicts and disagreements can arise during meetings, but it's important to handle them professionally and respectfully. Encourage open communication and active listening, and try to find common ground or compromise. If necessary, table the discussion for a later time or involve a mediator to help facilitate the conversation.

5. How can I make sure meetings are not a waste of time?

To ensure meetings are not a waste of time, it's important to have a clear purpose and goal for each meeting. Set an agenda and stick to it, and only invite necessary participants. Start and end on time, and follow up on action items and decisions made during the meeting. Regularly evaluate the effectiveness of meetings and make necessary adjustments for improvement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• buckeyefan08
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
buckeyefan08
  • PCJenni
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
MissChef
  • PamperedPrincess74