• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Email Notification Issues | Fixing Post Reply Alerts

In summary, you thought you had set your thread subscription mode to "Instant E-mail Notification", but you are not receiving notifications. You changed your setting back to "Instant E-mail Notification" and now you are getting your notifications again.
jdavis said:
I wonder if it would do anything if you would go up and pull down the thread tools menu bar and click on subscribe to this thread? Worth a shot anyway.

I tried that-it still does not work. :(

good suggestion though!

Same here. I even started a whole new thread to see if it would work! LOL

So, I tend to get email notices in clumps...I'll go without any notices for the whole day, then have 10 or more in my box at one time...but, there will be duplicates.

Is anyone else having THIS problem? I'll get 3 or more email notices of the SAME POST at one time. I've had as many as 7!

I have to admit that I'm grateful I'm getting them at all, in reading all these posts, but I know I'm not getting all the notices I should be, and then there's the problem of the duplications...

Oh, Nicole... I wish I had that problem.

nikked said:
So, I tend to get email notices in clumps...I'll go without any notices for the whole day, then have 10 or more in my box at one time...but, there will be duplicates.

Is anyone else having THIS problem? I'll get 3 or more email notices of the SAME POST at one time. I've had as many as 7!

I have to admit that I'm grateful I'm getting them at all, in reading all these posts, but I know I'm not getting all the notices I should be, and then there's the problem of the duplications...

I have the exact same thing....frustrating.

AJPratt said:
Oh, Nicole... I wish I had that problem.

Andrea, substitute your name here. LOL

do you have to be a gold supporter or anything? I went into my profile and changed it to receive notices, but I have not received a single notice since we had to pay the fee. I really wish this proble woul dbe fixed. I like to know when people respond to something I am talking about.

jrstephens said:
do you have to be a gold supporter or anything? I went into my profile and changed it to receive notices, but I have not received a single notice since we had to pay the fee. I really wish this proble woul dbe fixed. I like to know when people respond to something I am talking about.

Nope....being a gold supporter doesn't help. How long has this been going on...months now? No answers and no solutions seem to be on the horizon. Did Greg say he changed servers or something when he started charging subscription fees?

I can't remember what Greg said, just that he was trying different things to fix it. And, yes, my original post is from April... and its July.

I FINALLY got an email notice last night from a post! Maybe things are looking up for us!

Got email notices!! YEAH!

oh my gosh! I am getting a few too!!!

woohoo!! I think aol accounts will never work though :(

:) thanks for getting it working greg

Thanks Greg, I am so stoked to come back and have it working again! You rock!

Still not getting them!:(

Leea

Greg, I don't understand if it worked before why it doesn't now.

Admin Greg said:
woohoo!! I think aol accounts will never work though :(

I finally got an email notice!! I am on AOL and received one while I was away at conference. It went into my spam folder but I still found it. We'll have to see if I get more if it was a fluke.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

I'm still not getting notices. . .I've gone on and fiddled with the settings but it does not seem to work.

Any advice?

AJPratt said:
Greg, I don't understand if it worked before why it doesn't now.

Because some cheffers reported our emails as spam and aol has blocked all or most email coming from chefsuccess. I have been looking for a workaround or a way to get their good graces without success.

I'm not on AOL. . .

chefjeanine said:
I'm not on AOL. . .

Comcast seems to have done the same thing, several others have comcast don't get emails.

As an AOL user, is there anything I can do? Or... is there another account, like a free one, that I can set up and have forwarded to my email? Yahoo used to offer free forwarding, but it doesn't anymore.

Last edited:
AJPratt said:
As an AOL user, is there anything I can do? Or... is there another account, like a free one, that I can set up and have forwarded to my email? Yahoo used to offer free forwarding, but it doesn't anymore.

Unfortunately not, I've now banned the use of registrations via aol, so if you have a different email, please update your profile.

I have to express my disappointment. I've had this email address since 1993 and I have to find another one so I can get the subscription notices. Is there a site that will forward emails to my account for free?

I'm not sure why I don't receive them either.:confused: I used to get them ALL the time and since I've paid, I don't get any of them. Please help me Greg! I tried to stay out of this but I feel bad if someone responds to me in another thread and I don't know about it.

TIA Greg!
;)

PampMomof3 said:
I'm not sure why I don't receive them either.:confused: I used to get them ALL the time and since I've paid, I don't get any of them. Please help me Greg! I tried to stay out of this but I feel bad if someone responds to me in another thread and I don't know about it.

TIA Greg!
;)

I would contact roadrunner and see what they have to say.

Well, I was hesitant to set up a free email. But I have to say within seconds I was getting notices!!! The saga is over!

Thanks, Greg!

Anne, are you telling me you only have your internet carrier's email address? That's crazy, I have at least 3 other free email addresses, I have different things sent to different ones, besides if you ever change carriers then forget what your last email address was, (like I did) and you used that old email address to get an account somewhere and lose your password, you should have something to fall back on, have one of your free email addresses in there just in case. Speaking of prior experiences, or horrors, I should say.

Like I said, I've had the same one since 1993, so I'm not worried about forgetting or losing the info. I can't see checking a bunch of different emails. And how do remember which address you gave who?

Well, I mainly have my carrier's email for my PC, and family, but I have yahoo and hotmail for the groups on them, and for chatting with friends and family, and other things I sign up on that I might get a lot of junk email in, and sometimes yes I do forget which email I used to sign up for what, lol, I mostly have the same type things going to each email.

Greg, I have to say thank you because now I am getting the notices again! I was worried because I didn't want people to think I was ignoring them! The free service works like a charm!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• emiscookin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
emiscookin
  • BethCooks4U
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • Stampaholic1961