• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Not getting email notices

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
I'm not gettig the notice when a reply is made to my posts. I thought I set it up right. Please help.

Jayne

Gold Member
Feb 4, 2006
I havn't been recieving them either:confused: I just went into edit options and made some changes, I'll let you know if it works!! It hasn't worked since I paid for subscription. Maybe it went back to defaults.

4/9/06 I went into "Edit Options" then scrolled down to "Default Thread Subscription Mode" then to drop down menu and chose "Instant E-mail Notification"! I am now getting my e-mail notification again!!

Last edited:

rsmpta

Mar 9, 2006
Jayne said:
I havn't been recieving them either:confused: I just went into edit options and made some changes, I'll let you know if it works!! It hasn't worked since I paid for subscription. Maybe it went back to defaults.

4/9/06 I went into "Edit Options" then scrolled down to "Default Thread Subscription Mode" then to drop down menu and chose "Instant E-mail Notification"! I am now getting my e-mail notification again!!

Thanks I was wondering why all of the sudden i wasn't getting them either!? :confused: But i did change that back to instant!!

:) Thanks!

Sk8Mom209

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
I wondered why I wasn't receiving notifications anymore and just noticed in my profile that my setting had been changed.

I reset to receiving instant email. If it does not work, I will let you know.

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
I set mine to the instant and it didn't work. I just tried it again, so we'll see. Is it a problem with AOL? I had the instant subscription before I signed up.

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
Not yet...

No emails.:( When I checked my email this morning, nothing. Then I checked my User CP and saw there were responses to my subscribed threads. Am I a doofus? You can tell me if I am--its ok.

Admin Greg

Veteran Member
Staff member
Apr 13, 2004
ok I figured out what is happening. Basicly AOL is now requiring the servers that send email to their accounts to have a few checks and balances to make sure they aren't spam. I configured some things to comply with AOL standards. Should take just a few days for AOL to see and then accept emails from chefsuccess again.

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
Hi, Greg. I hope I'm not jumping the gun, but I haven't gotten any emails yet from ChefSuccess.

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
What is the address it will be coming from (as well as the notices) so it doesn't get marked as spam?

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
It was when I became a Gold Supporter as well. Before that it worked great!

Ann F

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Nov 11, 2004
I didn't realize til today that I wasn't getting notification of replies to my posts, either. I did before subscription was required...if that helps.

Admin Greg

Veteran Member
Staff member
Apr 13, 2004
Unfortunately I just moved and my internet is very limited, I'll be on full time again come this tuesday.

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
Oh, Greg, darling... is there anything you can do? I feel like I'm so behind the times.

GeorgiaPeach

Veteran Member
Silver Member
Jan 22, 2005
Anne, Have you received a response from Greg? I am having the same problem as you (began when I became a gold supporter). It looks like he hasn't made a post since 5-05. Wonder if something happened in the move? With the kids home and vacations, I don't have alot of time to spend cruising this board. I'd love to have the email notification back so I don't miss anything.

Admin Greg

Veteran Member
Staff member
Apr 13, 2004
Sorry, this time of year is always crazy for me. Still settling in my new place, no desk for my laptop yet, so that kind of stiffles things. I'm going to send out a newsletter today, let me know if you recieve it.

GeorgiaPeach

Veteran Member
Silver Member
Jan 22, 2005
I thought we might get Greg's attention if we started talking about him :) I'll wait for the newsletter. Thanks!

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
Thanks, Greg. I appreicate it!

GeorgiaPeach: No, haven't heard anything yet. I'll just try to be patient in the meantime. I'm a ChefSuccess junkie.

And I think Greg is subscribed to this post, so whether you mention hsi name or not, if someone replies, he'll get the notice.

DebbieJ

Legend Member
Oct 6, 2005
I did not receive a newsletter nor have I been receiving email notifications on my subscribed threads.