• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Not Charmed With the Drink Charms

is it like a probationary period? The dots glasses-dots coming off, the spreaders-many have mentioned they look like something a 2nd grader made, the Christmas plates and serving plate- with lead, the drink charms-still messed up. Please, come on! This is ridiculious. This really really looks bad to our new consultants who have only been with the company a short while. I understand that once and a blue moon, things will slip, but this many. It's unacceptable.Pretty Much agree with you!
susanr613
Gold Member
OK, so they were left out of the SAT packages with a note that due to feedback they were being changed.

I got mine today....and now 2 are matching colors and the other 2 are so close in color they look the same!

Lame, lame, lame!

Thank goodness everything else looks great (albeit tinged with lead)

I noticed that too!!! They should be dramatically different!

I thought that is what they were correcting?Maybe they accidentally sent out the old ones.

susanr613 said:
OK, so they were left out of the SAT packages with a note that due to feedback they were being changed.

I got mine today....and now 2 are matching colors and the other 2 are so close in color they look the same!

Lame, lame, lame!

Really strange - I have one that is red (or is it gold...whichever color isn't the bottom ball color!), one that is green, and 2 that are different shades of purple....but you have to be in a bright light to tell that they are different shades.:rolleyes:

I still can't believe this product ever made it through to production and catalog fo rus to sell.

yeah the purples are really close in color. LAME product if you ask me.

I still can't believe this product ever made it through to production and catalog fo rus to sell.

Me, neither. Also those beaded server things. My son made me a beaded blue spoon in daycare that looks eerily similar.

I like the beaded spoon, but the drink charms are too close in colors to me.

I also thought they were going to make the charms solid colors. All the beads purple or sage or orange. I'm not thrilled with these. I already have people wanting to order them, but I don't want to sell them.

Maybe people can keep track of their wine glasses by knowing which dots are missing from theirs!:D they certainly aren't going to be able to tell using the drink charms! I'm wondering if they would be cute as pony tail charms for little girls hair? (just trying to think of a way they could actually be used!:D)

And regarding the wine glasses:
I finally checked mine over yesterday - my neighbor was over and wanted to see them....well, 2 of the glasses have some dots on them that are half-circles, and I'm not even going to try to wash them. I don't want something that has to have that close of care.

susanr613 said:

Lame, lame, lame!

My first snort of laughter for the day. Thank you :)

Just a thought, but since consultant feedback led them to change the design (in theory) after NC, maybe we all need to contact HO about the "new" drink charms.
I haven't received mine yet, so I can't really comment on them. If they are as similar as you all indicate I can only imagine the returns we'll get on this item. Either that, or we won't sell any b/c people will see them at the show & notice how similar they are.

I really can't believe that 2 of them are PURPLE! WHAT were they thinking?

I think HO should send the member of CS "test" products.... They will get honest opinions here and we can say "yes" or "no" before some of these ideas are listed in the catalogs :). I am really bummed now because I want to show off the new Christmas items, wine glasses, and all the other goodies the most when I get my new product in.... but now.... well now I can't. :-(

I think HO needs to step it up a lot. They are so anal about us having sell a thon orders in by the minute, and not a minute later. They are so anal about having month in by the day of the last day of the month or you don't get squat. yet, now, a lot of their new products are crap. I mean, the dots glasses-dots coming off, the spreaders-many have mentioned they look like something a 2nd grader made, the Christmas plates and serving plate- with lead, the drink charms-still messed up. Please, come on! This is ridiculious. This really really looks bad to our new consultants who have only been with the company a short while. I understand that once and a blue moon, things will slip, but this many. It's unacceptable.

Pretty Much agree with you! Can you explain to me about not having your order in by the end of the month or you don't get squat part. LOL I am newer to PC and thought as long as it is in by the 15th then everything is the same??? OH MY! LOL

As a new consultant, I am rather surprised by all these stop-sells and back order issues. Is this rare for PC or is this common but only consultants are truely aware of how often? I know at the last show I went to before signing, the consultant mentioned the problem with the sheet pans and that turned me off a bit. I'm a bit nervous about relaying info to customers. I don't think I'm going to mention things unless someone asks. Then just say how HO cares so much about their consumers that they are double testing the claims of the manufacturers before they are sold to the public. I'm sure there are many reasons why things like this happen in the last minute, after the catalog is published...but it makes you scratch your head a bit. It's too bad they can't have new products finalized with a special trial period of a group of "tester" consultants to get feedback before they go with a product and do all their marketing. Who knows for sure which way costs more money. But boy, what a mess this lead issue could've been if customers bought them, the potential lawsuits and a tarnished reputation.

I just hope things get fixed and everyone feels good about recommending these products, and in time for the holidays.

PamperedCaniac said:
Pretty Much agree with you! Can you explain to me about not having your order in by the end of the month or you don't get squat part. LOL I am newer to PC and thought as long as it is in by the 15th then everything is the same??? OH MY! LOL

In order to get the guest and host specials, you have until the 15th of the next month to turn orders in. But for consultant promos (like Sell a Thon or the In The Bag promo), the dates can be different. HO publishes the submission deadlines on the bottom of each flyer, as well on on the monthly calendar in the back of the newsletter.

This is newer and it is not common.1. The crack down on submissions for host specials is new this year. Last year the September special (cookware) was greatly abused and caused havoc for the warehouse. I was there in November and they were STILL trying to deal with the demand on cookware at 60% off. That hurts us all.2. Incentives - they are that - incentives. You enter a contest expecting the drawing to be on a certain date. HO has the right to set what they want for incentives. If they want, they can say all shows have to be submitted on September 4th. It's their choice. I'd rather have the OPPORTUNITY to earn something than nothing. You can't have it all unless you WORK to have it all. I think as a society as a whole we expect too much to be handed to us and too many rules to be bent.3. Products - this causes a whole different debate. As having in the past worked for a company that outsourced to Mexico and China, I know how China can really mess with companies. PC is trying to compete with all the other companies out there with products, cost, speed to market, etc. You have to weigh costs vs. benefits. Can PC fully test products and content - yes, but when? At what cost? They have to make a commitment to buy a certain amount of product for it to be produced...they HAVE to go on what the manufacturer says and based on samples. Then when produced, it takes about 3 months for it to arrive from overseas. Is that time to get photographs done, catalogs printed, testing done, out to customers/consultants? Not usually. Society has created a DEMAND for fast-paced and the market does not allow for time to react. We just shop elsewhere. PC is reacting as fast as they can to many curveballs this season. So, rightfully, politely express your concerns to them and be patient as they deal with them. They will. Don't get all upset and vent that to customers if there is nothing that can be done about it. People will sense your frustration.

tabnat80 said:
I think HO needs to step it up a lot. They are so anal about us having sell a thon orders in by the minute, and not a minute later. They are so anal about having month in by the day of the last day of the month or you don't get squat. yet, now, a lot of their new products are crap. I mean, the dots glasses-dots coming off, the spreaders-many have mentioned they look like something a 2nd grader made, the Christmas plates and serving plate- with lead, the drink charms-still messed up. Please, come on! This is ridiculious. This really really looks bad to our new consultants who have only been with the company a short while. I understand that once and a blue moon, things will slip, but this many. It's unacceptable.

It's not being anal - it's having policies and procedures and adhering to them. It would be detrimental for the business to be making exceptions to the rules all of the time. There are 70,000 U.S. Consultants...and I don't know how many more in Canada....so, would it be wise to make exceptions even 1% of the time? I don't think so.
In her book, Doris explains the why they made the decision to not make exceptions. It was a very well thought out decision and makes perfect sense. If you read the book, I think you would understand that better.

I admire PC for being proactive and safe! They are doing what they can to make things right as quickly as possible. This is a wonderful company to work with, and I have 3 new consultants who will be hearing from me all of the great things that are happening for the Fall....we won't be focusing on the stop-sells - so it won't be a negative thing at all, and PC doesn't look bad to them - in fact, they are incredibly excited about their businesses! The stop-sells are just a minor blip in a great opportunity!

ChefBeckyD said:
It's not being anal - it's having policies and procedures and adhering to them. It would be detrimental for the business to be making exceptions to the rules all of the time. There are 70,000 U.S. Consultants...and I don't know how many more in Canada....so, would it be wise to make exceptions even 1% of the time? I don't think so.
In her book, Doris explains the why they made the decision to not make exceptions. It was a very well thought out decision and makes perfect sense. If you read the book, I think you would understand that better.

I admire PC for being proactive and safe! They are doing what they can to make things right as quickly as possible. This is a wonderful company to work with, and I have 3 new consultants who will be hearing from me all of the great things that are happening for the Fall....we won't be focusing on the stop-sells - so it won't be a negative thing at all, and PC doesn't look bad to them - in fact, they are incredibly excited about their businesses! The stop-sells are just a minor blip in a great opportunity!

Like coming across an accident on your way to work...

...I have a great story about that...but I digress, I'll have to put it on another thread.

babywings76 said:
As a new consultant, I am rather surprised by all these stop-sells and back order issues. Is this rare for PC or is this common but only consultants are truely aware of how often? I know at the last show I went to before signing, the consultant mentioned the problem with the sheet pans and that turned me off a bit. I'm a bit nervous about relaying info to customers. I don't think I'm going to mention things unless someone asks. Then just say how HO cares so much about their consumers that they are double testing the claims of the manufacturers before they are sold to the public. I'm sure there are many reasons why things like this happen in the last minute, after the catalog is published...but it makes you scratch your head a bit. It's too bad they can't have new products finalized with a special trial period of a group of "tester" consultants to get feedback before they go with a product and do all their marketing. Who knows for sure which way costs more money. But boy, what a mess this lead issue could've been if customers bought them, the potential lawsuits and a tarnished reputation.

I just hope things get fixed and everyone feels good about recommending these products, and in time for the holidays.

We also have to realize that PC wants to stay current with kitchen trends and innovations. If it takes more than a year to go from idea to catalog we could miss the rush of that new trend. It stinks that some things are sub-par, but they've at least realized this flaws and are working to fix it. We are with a company that won't just sell anything and stick our customers with it.

getting back to the orginal purpose of the thread, my main disappointment is that PC acknowledged feedback at NC, said they were retooling, and the result is so similar to the original that its as if changes were not made at all.

with regard to the lead, i see janet's point about not having the final product in their hands until release to the market. thank goodness they did run those additional tests.

susanr613 said:
getting back to the orginal purpose of the thread, my main disappointment is that PC acknowledged feedback at NC, said they were retooling, and the result is so similar to the original that its as if changes were not made at all.

with regard to the lead, i see janet's point about not having the final product in their hands until release to the market. thank goodness they did run those additional tests.

Susan, I totally agree with you on your original point! ...and I would truly ask HO about it to get the story.

I just don't think on the other issues we need to over-react and also to build all these issues up and up and make things more negative than they are.

I'm not thrilled with the drink charms, wasn't in the showcase room either and was glad they were working on them.

If they don't have the end result, I just won't carry them to shows...not like I ever carried a grilling plank. :rolleyes:

There is a product for EVERYONE in our catalog - the joy of the variety of life!

Chef Kearns said:
We also have to realize that PC wants to stay current with kitchen trends and innovations. If it takes more than a year to go from idea to catalog we could miss the rush of that new trend. It stinks that some things are sub-par, but they've at least realized this flaws and are working to fix it. We are with a company that won't just sell anything and stick our customers with it.

Very good point. It must be such a challenge at coming up with new items every season and try to beat the competition in function, style, and quality, and yet also have a fair price to boot. I am very glad that they are trying so hard to make sure things are okay and feel bad that they have so many headaches this season.

janetupnorth said:
this Is Newer And It Is Not Common.

1. The Crack Down On Submissions For Host Specials Is New This Year. Last Year The September Special (cookware) Was Greatly Abused And Caused Havoc For The Warehouse. I Was There In November And They Were Still Trying To Deal With The Demand On Cookware At 60% Off. That Hurts Us All.

2. Incentives - They Are That - Incentives. You Enter A Contest Expecting The Drawing To Be On A Certain Date. Ho Has The Right To Set What They Want For Incentives. If They Want, They Can Say All Shows Have To Be Submitted On September 4th. It's Their Choice. I'd Rather Have The Opportunity To Earn Something Than Nothing. You Can't Have It All Unless You Work To Have It All. I Think As A Society As A Whole We Expect Too Much To Be Handed To Us And Too Many Rules To Be Bent.

3. Products - This Causes A Whole Different Debate. As Having In The Past Worked For A Company That Outsourced To Mexico And China, I Know How China Can Really Mess With Companies. Pc Is Trying To Compete With All The Other Companies Out There With Products, Cost, Speed To Market, Etc. You Have To Weigh Costs Vs. Benefits. Can Pc Fully Test Products And Content - Yes, But When? At What Cost? They Have To Make A Commitment To Buy A Certain Amount Of Product For It To Be Produced...they Have To Go On What The Manufacturer Says And Based On Samples. Then When Produced, It Takes About 3 Months For It To Arrive From Overseas. Is That Time To Get Photographs Done, Catalogs Printed, Testing Done, Out To Customers/consultants? Not Usually. Society Has Created A Demand For Fast-paced And The Market Does Not Allow For Time To React. We Just Shop Elsewhere. Pc Is Reacting As Fast As They Can To Many Curveballs This Season. So, Rightfully, Politely Express Your Concerns To Them And Be Patient As They Deal With Them. They Will. Don't Get All Upset And Vent That To Customers If There Is Nothing That Can Be Done About It. People Will Sense Your Frustration.

....amen!!!

susanr613 said:

Lame, lame, lame!

aaahhhh, after a few glasses of wine what's the difference between my glass and your glass anyways?!?!:p

just kidding!! I thought the same thing when mine came in the other day too! Worthless to me, but someone may LOVE them!

[SIZE="2" said:
just kidding!! I thought the same thing when mine came in the other day too! Worthless to me, but someone may LOVE them![/SIZE]

I love the fact that while it may not be a product that I love that someone else will. There are a few products that just aren't my thing and I feel as though I have a hard time selling something that doesn't quite work for me. I personally have no desire to purchase the stemware or the drink charms. Especially after reading this post.

I also wanted to add that yes, the last few months w/ product issues and stop sells are VERY uncommon and unfortunate for HO. We as consultants know how tough it is to have to "point out" that a product is not available and then all of the sudden the customers want the product that they may not have seen otherwise and can't get it. But w/ as hard as it is on all of us, imagine how it feels to HO right now. After the sheet pan ordeal they were probably so excited to not have to deal with anything like that and then China messed up. LOL. I still feel as thought this company does a WONDERFUL job!!!

I have been waiting to receive my drink charms from my director's pack. When I was talking with a fellow director at lunch today it occurred to me that I must have thrown them out....she said hers were in one of the boxes with the bamboo bowls. OOPS!

Oh well, I'm not impressed with them either...they hardly seem useful if you can't tell them apart. I learned my lesson about checking my boxes thoroughly, though!

AZ you're not missing anything :)

Sure, I'll clarify. Basically. During the June sell a thon, I had and order that was going to make me have the 3000 level products for free. Well, my pampered partner crashed and I wasn't able to get it up and the order entered before Midnight. Went through a big spill with pc about the whole ordeal. Had several ho folks tell me they would work with me if I couldn't get it in by midnight. Well, they didn't. It was after midnight when I got it in and they pretty much told me tough crap, but not in those words. So, that June show submitted on July 1st didn't count towards my July shows either so I didnt' even get the free pumpkin dish. Oh well. That's the way they roll. Lesson learned. Now I make sure orders are submitted 2 days before the month end deadline. Just in case the same thing happens again.

PamperedCaniac said:

I"m not even going to go there again. it's not worth waisting my time tying, but the fact of the matter is, they have made that acception before for other consultants (several have pm'd me telling me so) and for my situation, I felt as if they should have made it again.

ChefBeckyD said:

In the end, I believe, that products should be checked before marketing begins... it just doesnt look right to keep recalling and stop selling... I think it makes the company look bad. I know if I went to a department store, and bought 3 items and they were all defective, I would be reluctant to purchase from them again, especially at a higher price point and quality expectation. Customer service is great, and problem solving is great, but these tests should have been done prior to catalog distribution. I commend the company for doing private testing, but again, this should have been done ahead of time. I think it does tarnish the companys excellent standards and rep.

With that said, I dont think we should be purchasing much from China anyway with thier horrible track record these past few years.

Laura420 said:
I dont think we should be purchasing much from China anyway with thier horrible track record these past few years.

If the Chinese women gymnastics team from the Olympics are all over 16 then I must be 125!!!!

As Dr. Phil says...if you see 1 rat, there are 50 more where that one came from!

My director brought over the new products for my open house and I kind of like the beaded serving sets(festive) thought the drink charms were cute, but don't know why anyone would want to dress up a glass.????

I do like them them and they make good tie backs for sheer panels for windows to add a splash of color and I might use them as a bookmark. They have personality I'm sure can find a use for them once mine arrive.

Think the charms have personallity. I use mine to secure sheer window panels to add a splash of color, guess I can use as a bookmark b/c cant see dressing up a glass that your just going to drink from so just have to find other uses for them I guess.

computer froze didnt think my original post was accepted but I guess it was.

Received mine and honestly 2 look identical. Not even remotely different in color. So what are others doing with these? Is there an alternative other than using them as drink charms?

Back to the drink charms, my whole family got a huge laugh out of them when I pulled them out of the package--we have 4 adults here now, none of us drink by the way--but the consensus was "one glass of wine and you could forget which one was yours, two glasses of wine you're a gonner for sure". Don't think I'll be promoting these unless it would be for a party game, LOL.

I personally think we need to go back to the idea of kitchen tools, and let the entertaining stuff take a rest for awhile. I see so many cool things on tv and in the stores for kitchens, I don't understand why a company that prides itself on kitchen tools comes up with 40+ new products, only two or three of which are innovative new tools (the rotary grater and the pastry cutter), but makes a big deal about serving pieces. Don't get me wrong--I Love SA, but for the past couple of years we have been re-designing handles and calling them new tools, redesigning measuring spoons, putting smaller versions of measuring cups in our line that we already sell, etc. I think I would be more excited if we could, once again, go back to kitchen tools as our main focus. Cooking shows are so popular on TV, I think we should cash in on it and not import quite so many entertaining items from China. Just my $.02. Enough of the cutesy poo stuff already--let's get cookin'.

Got mine today and not too happy with them either. Actually I would say disappointment would be the word to describe them. The catalog makes them appear shiny, and delicate but - well they are not. LOL

I totally agree with Nancy and was thinking the same thing.
We still have dessert plates (never sold any) and got rid of oven thermometer. (?)

Well, I was excited about the drink charms until my package arrived today. They're invisible!My envelope included all of the packaging, but no charms. LOL! I've emailed the HO. Made me laugh, though. ;)

raebates said:
Well, I was excited about the drink charms until my package arrived today. They're invisible!

My envelope included all of the packaging, but no charms. LOL! I've emailed the HO. Made me laugh, though. ;)

Well take 4 paper clips and open them up..... Then give them a decorative loop on the end and then with your super glue take a few plastic beads and glue to each end. Then you have your drink charms! LOL LOL Ok I know putting down the product may annoy a few but honestly when I looked at them today I thought about my daughter opening paper clips the other night and making "designs" out of them....

Just got mine and just coming on here to post the fact that we are all laughing at them - and y'all beat me too it! Haven't been on much this week and missed this thread. My purple and what is supposed to be pink are nearly identical. Also - dont see it mentioned here but did you notice in the catalog? I just opened it to see what they are calling the colors - and in the picture the beads are a different color on the end of each one - for instance they all have the big cranberry bead but one has purple on one end and green on the other end. Another has pink on one end and purple on the other end...and there is a big difference in the pink and purple. Again I'm talking about the picture in the catalog. With these - it is harder really to tell whose glass is whose, so maybe that is why they went to all one color on each end and they were backordered...but not much of an improvement!

The ones that are being shipped all have the same color on each end of the paperclip. I might take them to pre-k on Tuesday - we can make them for craft. I have wire, I have beads.

I know they try, I appreciate it that they are big on quality control and are quick to do a stop-sell rather than sell something faulty, it is just embarassing. Today I was at a Lia Sophia party and the host (a friend of mine a good past host several times) ask to see the new catalog. She immediately flipped out over the Christmas plates and I knew she would - she loves decorating at Christmas - she wanted to place an order right away - or host to get them, and I had to explain what was going on. Its not the first time for her - I remember a couple years ago something on stop-sell and she brought that up. She was nice and she understands, its just no fun!

pclinskie said:
I totally agree with Nancy and was thinking the same thing.
We still have dessert plates (never sold any) and got rid of oven thermometer. (?)

I think the price point on the plates might be the problem. I wonder if they were 19.99 if they would move more easily... :confused:

Laura420 said:
I think the price point on the plates might be the problem. I wonder if they were 19.99 if they would move more easily... :confused:

Actually, the price point we have now is a lower one...they used to be more!

really? wow, I thought $29 was high! yeesh!

I do love the plates tho!

I still havent got the drink charms.

I completely agree with the comments on the charms. Below is the email I sent to HO - don't know if it'll make a diff. or not, but maybe if enough of us do this.....

Dear Sir or Madam;

I received the "new" drink charms that were changed after receiving comments from NC consultants. However, 2 of the charms are almost identical in color. Two have purple beads on the ends, with barely differing shades of purple. I was concerned when I saw these at NC and how similar they were in color, and I was hoping that with the "new" ones, there would be definite differences. There is not. I do not drink, but I can only imagine that after a glass or 2 of wine, that you might not be as sharp and therefore, how in the world would you be able to differentiate between your glass and someone else's when the beads are similar in color? I was honestly hoping for something more distinct in the coloring. I hope that HO considers re-doing these - again.

Sincerely,

Andrea Cooper #385951
[email protected]
816-373-4949 home
816-510-4772 cell

<h2>1. Why were the drink charms left out of the SAT packages?</h2><p>The drink charms were left out due to feedback from customers that they were not satisfied with the original design. Pampered Chef has taken this feedback into consideration and is working to improve the design of the drink charms.</p><h2>2. When will the new drink charms be available?</h2><p>The new drink charms are currently being redesigned and are expected to be available in the near future. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your patience as we work to improve the product.</p><h2>3. What changes have been made to the drink charms?</h2><p>We have taken customer feedback into consideration and are making changes to the design of the drink charms to ensure they are of the highest quality. This includes improving the color matching and ensuring there is no lead in the product.</p><h2>4. Can I still use the drink charms that were included in my SAT package?</h2><p>While we do not recommend using the original drink charms, as they may contain lead, it is ultimately up to the customer's discretion. We suggest waiting for the new and improved drink charms to be available for use.</p><h2>5. Will I be able to exchange my original drink charms for the new ones?</h2><p>Unfortunately, we are unable to offer exchanges for the new drink charms at this time. However, we are confident that the new design will meet your expectations and we appreciate your understanding as we work to improve the product.</p>

1. Why were the drink charms left out of the SAT packages?

The drink charms were left out due to feedback from customers that they were not satisfied with the original design. Pampered Chef has taken this feedback into consideration and is working to improve the design of the drink charms.

2. When will the new drink charms be available?

The new drink charms are currently being redesigned and are expected to be available in the near future. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your patience as we work to improve the product.

3. What changes have been made to the drink charms?

We have taken customer feedback into consideration and are making changes to the design of the drink charms to ensure they are of the highest quality. This includes improving the color matching and ensuring there is no lead in the product.

4. Can I still use the drink charms that were included in my SAT package?

While we do not recommend using the original drink charms, as they may contain lead, it is ultimately up to the customer's discretion. We suggest waiting for the new and improved drink charms to be available for use.

5. Will I be able to exchange my original drink charms for the new ones?

Unfortunately, we are unable to offer exchanges for the new drink charms at this time. However, we are confident that the new design will meet your expectations and we appreciate your understanding as we work to improve the product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • redsoxgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies