• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant **Not a Spoiler**But It Is a Rant

In summary, the community is divided over the spoiler thread and some members are upset that it went too far. Honor has been lost on this board and the spoiler thread has caused damage to some consultants' businesses.
cookingwithlove
Gold Member
You have to stand up for what you believe is right. If you don’t, who will?

I was debating about posting this. I was afraid Greg would remove me for not agreeing with him, but then I thought of the above phrase. When I first started my Pampered Chef business, Chefsuccess helped me. I was so grateful that I found a place to help me with my business. I learned a lot from the consultants on this board. I appreciated their expertise and advice. I tried to pay it back when I could. However, I am truly saddened how this board as turned out. Honor and Ethics have disappeared. I am talking about Spring Launch and the Spoiler Thread. It disappoints me in so many ways. You might as well just give Jean and Marla the finger. I know we have always had spoiler threads and I have not always agreed with them, but this thread has truly gone too far. Whoever scanned the entire new product catalog should dissolve their agreement, because you are not working in the best interest of the company or your fellow consultants’ businesses. I blame the consultants who shared the information, but just as terrible are all of you feeding into it, like a bunch of sharks in a feeding frenzy. You can justify the spoiler thread anyway that you want; I couldn’t afford to go, I need to send the information to my team, there was a snow storm, my cat had to go to the vet…Really the only excuse is that you are a bunch of selfish self-centered people who lack honor, because you could not wait 1 week. I have heard, “we are not hurting anybody because it is private.” It is not private; anybody can get on here without a password and see it. That means hosts and customers can see it too. When my February host reschedules because she saw the new tea products, I blame all of you. You have affected my business and I love my business. Maybe you don’t make money doing this, but I do. The Pampered Chef has provided me an income, sent me on 3, soon to be 4, fabulous trips and given me an opportunity to change my life. The least I can do is to honor their wishes and keep a promise. "Honor" it is a forgot word. Go look it up if you don't know what it means.

Last edited:
Wow, a bit harsh, I'd say. Nowhere does anyone talk in the spoiler post about "giving someone the finger". I think you need to be a bit more open-minded and not so harsh. There will always be things in life you don't agree with. If your host cancels because she saw it on here, perhaps she is more of an avid PC person than you thought and you should be recruiting her. I'm not sure any of my hosts know about or go onto this forum. Sharks in a feeding frenzy, also harsh. These are my quick responses to your scathing post.

cookingwithlove said:
When my February host reschedules because she saw the new tea products, I blame all of you. You have affected my business and I love my business.

Did this happen to you? :(

cookingwithlove thank you for sharing your opinion, we respect it. I will make a plea for this thread not to become negative or hurtful.The ChefSuccess community voted overwhelming in favor for the spoiler thread if we added the necessary warnings. The current spoiler thread has over 360 LIKES. The response has been very positive.ChefSuccess believes people should have options. ChefSuccess believes it's members are mature and responsible enough to make these decisions for themselves when presented with options.Furthermore, I'd be interested to see if this Spring Launch "honor code" you speak of, is in your consultant contract. If not, it's absolutely fair game.Again, thanks for your opinion. We understand not everyone agrees with the thread.

Last edited:
I will admit that I think the spoiler thread went a bit too far with pictures I totally understand those that could not make conference and those that don't want to wait(that was ME last year!!). I wanted to know. The key thing is that We voted for it and it was clearly noted to not enter the thread if you want to be surprised. Temptation is overwhelming indeed That said I do wish the photos could have waited

I agree to a point. I believe someone said that it was specifically asked at Launch that no pictures or information go on any forum or website until after the second set of launches. I haven't actually been on the spoiler thread since the first day, so I didn't realize that pictures or the catalog had been posted. That may have gone a bit far.

Admin Greg said:
Furthermore, I'd be interested to see if this Spring Launch "honor code" you speak of, is in your consultant contract. If not, it's absolutely fair game.
Honor is honesty and integrity. You either have it or don't. It cannot be mandated or required. It is just something that someone has. If you see someone stealing from your neighbor, there is no law that requires you to tell your neighbor, but it is your honesty and integrity within yourself that requires you do it. My first grade child understands this better than most adults. Somewhere we decided that just because we can do something we should. It doesn't matter how many people voted to do it because a consensus does not make something right. We could name a few atrocious events in history that used that arguement. The point is that honor is everything in business and that thread shows the complete lack of honor.

We agree to disagree.Thanks for sharing.

What is the purpose of this rant?

The purpose of this rant is to express frustration or dissatisfaction with a certain topic or situation.

Why is this rant not considered a spoiler?

This rant is not considered a spoiler because it does not reveal any plot points or important information about a book, movie, or TV show.

Is this rant appropriate for all audiences?

This rant may contain profanity or strong language, so it may not be suitable for all audiences. Reader discretion is advised.

Can I share this rant on social media?

Yes, you are free to share this rant on social media platforms. However, please be mindful of the language used and respect the opinions of others.

How can I relate to this rant?

You may relate to this rant if you have experienced similar frustrations or have strong opinions about the topic being discussed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Poll