• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Nonstick Cooking Spray for Stoneware: Tips and Alternatives

I don't think they are planning to discontinue the kitchen spritzer - I think they just forgot to include it in the new cookbook. I hope people don't complain too much about it clogging, because it is a really helpful tool!
Tammy Eubanks
The Stoneware Inspirations (the new cookbook) is calling for spraying the stones with nonstick cooking spray. Most people are going to think that means PAM. What are you going to suggest?

PAM will leave the stone sticky, I know it did mine.

Thanks
T.Eubanks

I've been wondering the same thing. I know I don't want to use Pam, but when I hear nonstick cooking spray, that's what I think! Can we substitute oil from the kitchen spritzer instead?

Absolutely!I was reading through some of the recipes in the new cookbook, too, and was surprised to see they didn't include the Kitchen Spritzer, because my first reaction was "Pam?" Use the spritzer! Also, if you haven't tried any of the recipes yet, I strongly recommend the balsamic and onion chicken and the chocolate-peanut butter torte. Both are scrumptious! (I must admit, I made the torte two days in a row. It didn't last :D )

Definately suggest to use the kitchen spritzer and tell your customers the reasons why. Bring a can of PAM and read the ingredients to them, you'll probably sell more spritzers that way. :)

Thanks!I will tell everyone to use the Kitchen Spritzer or at least brush with oil. I have quit using PAM after what I have read on this site about it. Thank you to everyone. I was just surprised the new cookbook used that wordage.

Tammy

Last edited:
Pam will ruin the non stick properties of the stoneMy husband insisted on using Pam on the stoneware muffin pan. Well, I can tell you first hand that Pam or any aerosol non-stick spray will absolutely ruin the non stick properties of the stone. The damage done is irreparable to date. If someone thinks you're just trying to push the kitchen spritzer then suggest the pastry brush and a small bit of good canola oil or do like Grandma used to do and drizzle some oil on the stone and spread it around with a paper towel! I've also found that a bit of Crisco works well. I put a small baggie over my hand, scoop a bit of Crisco out, spread it on the stone where needed, then flip the bag inside out and toss. No mess.

Phyllis Rampulla
Independent Sales Director
www.pamperedchef.biz/phyllisramp

I'm wondering if they're planning to discontinue the kitchen spritzer and that's why they SAY cooking spray? I hope not but I know a lot of people complain about it clogging.

What is nonstick cooking spray?

Nonstick cooking spray is a type of cooking oil spray that is designed to prevent food from sticking to the surface of a pan or dish during cooking. It is typically made with a combination of oils and lecithin, which helps create a nonstick barrier between the food and the cooking surface.

Is nonstick cooking spray safe to use?

Yes, nonstick cooking spray is safe to use. The ingredients used in nonstick cooking sprays are generally recognized as safe by the FDA. However, it is important to follow the instructions on the label and use the spray in a well-ventilated area to avoid inhaling any fumes.

Can nonstick cooking spray be used on all types of cookware?

Nonstick cooking spray can be used on most types of cookware, including nonstick pans, stainless steel, and cast iron. However, it is not recommended for use on nonstick cookware that is already coated with a nonstick surface, as it can cause buildup and damage the coating over time.

Do I still need to use oil when using nonstick cooking spray?

No, you do not need to use additional oil when using nonstick cooking spray. The spray itself already contains oils that help prevent food from sticking to the pan, so using additional oil is not necessary. However, you can use a small amount of oil if desired for added flavor.

Can I use nonstick cooking spray in the oven?

Yes, you can use nonstick cooking spray in the oven. However, be sure to check the label on the spray to ensure it is safe for use in high-temperature cooking. Some sprays may have a lower smoke point and are not recommended for use in the oven at high temperatures.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Stacy Edwards
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
ivykeep
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
Replies