• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Non-Stick Cookware Linked to Thyroid Disease - Read Now!

Your name]In summary, non-stick cookware has been a topic of concern for some time due to potential health risks associated with the coating. However, Pampered Chef offers a variety of safe and high-quality cookware options, and our products undergo rigorous testing to ensure they meet safety standards. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out for more information.
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
OK so here is another reason for people to freak about no stick pans... Be ready for questions....

Someone I know had this on their FB today

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/02/13/cookware-chemical-linked-to-thyroid-disease.aspx?sms_ss=facebook

If anyone has the article that addresses this please attach it

Paulette - You might want to send this to the Test Kitchen and let them address it. They will give you the best answer.

The test kitchen will say that studies shows, blah blah blah, and if you have any more questions go ask the FDA. However those of us who don't believe a word that the FDA says it's just not good enough. FDA, there have been evidence for it, sometimes allows things that is harmful to be considered safe because of the money or political power that is involved in the situation. Such as aspartame and so on...

Personally, i have replaced all of the other cookware to PC SS. Also the nonstick that i owned from other companies i dumped, and bought a few nonstick from PC that i cannot absolutely live without. However i take extreme caution not to over heat it or scratch it. Like styr fry, pancake griddle, etc. But if i ever come accross these in another brand that is not non-stick i will eventually upgrade those too.
There is no study that will make me change my mind about the health problems that nonstick cookware poses.

maybe I will just close the thread so we don't get into a huge debate... I know there are strong feelings on both sides. I was hoping someone had a quick link to the article that circulated a while ago with answers for this...

to this thread and I will look at it

Hi there,I completely understand your concern about non-stick pans and the potential health risks associated with them. As a Pampered Chef consultant, I want to assure you that we offer a variety of cookware options that are not only safe, but also high-quality and durable.In regards to the article you shared, I would like to address a few key points. First, the study mentioned was conducted in 2010 and since then, many changes and improvements have been made in the manufacturing of non-stick coatings. Our non-stick cookware is made with a high-quality coating that is free from PFOA, the chemical mentioned in the article.Additionally, our cookware is rigorously tested to ensure it meets safety standards and regulations. We also provide care and use instructions to ensure that our cookware is used properly to maintain its safety and effectiveness.If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me. I am happy to provide more information and resources on this topic. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and for prioritizing your health and safety in the kitchen.Best,

1. Can non-stick cookware really cause thyroid disease?

While there have been studies that suggest a link between non-stick cookware and thyroid disease, the evidence is not conclusive. More research is needed to fully understand the potential risks.

2. What makes non-stick cookware potentially harmful?

Non-stick cookware is coated with a chemical called perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), which has been linked to health concerns. When heated, this chemical can release fumes that may be harmful to our health.

3. Are all non-stick cookware products equally dangerous?

Not all non-stick cookware is made with PFOA. Many companies have switched to using alternative coatings that are considered safer. It's important to research the specific product you are considering to determine if it contains PFOA.

4. How can I tell if my non-stick cookware contains PFOA?

Most non-stick cookware will have a label or stamp indicating whether or not it contains PFOA. You can also contact the manufacturer or check their website for more information.

5. What are some alternatives to non-stick cookware?

There are many alternatives to non-stick cookware, such as stainless steel, cast iron, and ceramic cookware. These options do not contain PFOA and are considered safe for everyday use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• schel
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
schel
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • NooraK