• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Supporting Non-Profits: Free Tax and 10% Sales Donation from Home Interior

In summary, Home Interior and Pampered Chef both offer a tax free donation for non-profit organizations. Home Interior charges a flat shipping rate, while Pampered Chef offers a donation percentage.
kelspring
Can anyone tell me what we do for non profit organizations? Home Interior gives them Free tax and 10% of their sales. I hope we can do better.

I asked a similar question also, but the answer is we DO do better.

Pampered Chef gives 15% of all product sales to the organization. They do not mark up their products in order to do this! Many consultants give an extra 5-10% of their profit as a donation to the fundraiser as well.

As far as sales tax goes, we don't choose to charge it, it's a state law.

However, we have a flat rate shipping charge, instead of charging upwards of 10% to each customer.

HTH

if it's a fundraser...Home interiors gives 50% for fundraisers to nonprofit org. I wish we could beat that but that's almost impossible...

Gosh, that just makes me think one thing:

Imagine their markup!!

55%That is their markup because my sister is with Home Interior.

Funny thing....we have lots of DS consultants in my family: PC [of course :p ], Home Interior, Pure Romance, Mark Kay, Lifeprints.

Sandi

There is a way to give non-profits tax free ~ when I lived in NC my director first did a show like this and then told me about it. She called home office and had them fax her a tax exempt document which we had the non profit fill out. We then sent/faxed that form back to home office so it would be on file. When you do the fundraiser the guests need to pay by check or cash and make it out to the non-profit. The non-profit writes the consultant a check for the total that is debited from her account. This shows that the non profit bought the products. There are +/- to doing it this way - the guests buy more because they don't have to pay shipping or tax, there is only one shipping charge because the non-profit buys the products on one order (basically a show tally) so the consultant can pick up the shipping!, this also means you have to go back into Pampered Partner and key in individual orders for the receipts, but you can have a very successful fundraiser like this! :)

When we had Product Fund-raiser cards they did have a tax exempt option for groups that qualified for it but now that we just do "classic" fund-raisers we do not because there is no need.

The products are sold to individuals. They pay the tax on their purchases. PC does not charge the organization any taxes - they just send a check for the amount earned. There may be an exemption if the group is purchasing products for use in their facility (like a day care kitchen...). I would check with HO about this to be sure.

Let us know!

Percentage of profits
pamperedchristine said:
I asked a similar question also, but the answer is we DO do better.

Pampered Chef gives 15% of all product sales to the organization. They do not mark up their products in order to do this! Many consultants give an extra 5-10% of their profit as a donation to the fundraiser as well.

As far as sales tax goes, we don't choose to charge it, it's a state law.

However, we have a flat rate shipping charge, instead of charging upwards of 10% to each customer.

HTH

Just thought I would let you know that under $599 in sales Pampered Chef gives 10% over $600 Pampered Chef gives 15% of sales.

What is a non profit organization?

A non profit organization is a type of organization that is formed for a specific cause or purpose, rather than to make a profit. These organizations are often focused on charitable, educational, or social causes and are exempt from paying taxes.

How is a non profit organization different from a for-profit business?

A non profit organization is different from a for-profit business in that it does not aim to generate profit for its owners or shareholders. Instead, any funds raised or revenue generated by a non profit organization are used to further its mission and goals.

Do non profit organizations have to pay taxes?

In most cases, non profit organizations are exempt from paying federal and state taxes. However, they may still be responsible for paying other taxes such as payroll taxes and sales tax. It is important for non profit organizations to understand their tax obligations and seek guidance from a tax professional if needed.

How can I start a non profit organization?

Starting a non profit organization involves several steps, including choosing a cause or mission, forming a board of directors, obtaining tax-exempt status, and creating bylaws. It is important to research and understand the legal and financial requirements for starting a non profit organization before beginning the process.

Can non profit organizations accept donations?

Yes, non profit organizations rely on donations from individuals, corporations, and other organizations to support their cause and operations. Donations may be in the form of money, goods, or services and are often tax-deductible for the donor. Non profit organizations are responsible for properly managing and reporting all donations they receive.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Bobby
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • MissKris
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Cassie1037
  • pamperedchristine