• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What should I do with a non-paying guest who won't let me sell the goods?

In summary, the host took an order from her cousin but has not paid the host. The host is now selling the items on her own to recoup the costs. The cousin responded rudely and snotty to the host's requests for payment.
DZmom
I have a friend that hosted a show for me on Aug 28th. She took up some orders before and after her show and just loves PC. Well, she took an order from her cousin and the cousin has yet to pay me. My business is just starting out and my husband is the only income we have. So, needless to say I need the $$. Now, my host is upset because I've decided that I'm not going to wait any longer on the payment. I'm selling the stuff myself to someone else. I spoke with the guest and have asked for payment twice. The response I got was completely rude and snotty. When I told my host how she acted she stated that she shouldn't have taken the order without payment in hand because that's just how she is. Then she said snotty doesn't cover it. She's just a B*tch! I am now really upset because not only is my friend the host having to cover the cost because she won't let me sell the stuff, but now she doesn't want to sign on as a consultant because she doesn't want to fool with non-paying guests! AAAARRRGG! :mad:

I guess I just needed to vent and was wondering what everyone else did in these cases!

I have never had this problem but I do tell my guests that I don't submit my shows until payment has cleared. I do this because I had a Petra party for a friend of mine a few years ago when she was starting her own business, one of my friends brought a friend and wrote her a bad check.:eek: Needless to say by the end of the show she had to spend $150 out of her own pocket at the end of the show and then lost the girls booking on top of it.

I feel your pain!I had a show on August 13th that was an okay show. The host asked to keep it open a few days. Normally, no problem. When we closed the show and input her order she owed me $16.59. Now I know this is not much, but I am a single mom of two and that's gas $$ or groceries or something. My policy is I do not submit a show until all of the funds being received and cleared - no matter how small. Once you get into a bad habit, it's hard to break.

So, here it is 9/12 and I have still not received the payment, following numerous calls and emails. So I deleted all items off of the host's order that were over and above her free items and will be submitting the show today.

1. What is a non-paying guest?

A non-paying guest is someone who stays at a property without paying any rent or fees. This could be a friend or family member who is staying temporarily or someone who has overstayed their welcome.

2. How should I handle a non-paying guest?

It's important to address the situation directly and communicate your expectations. You can ask the guest to contribute towards expenses or set a time limit for their stay. If the guest refuses to comply, you may need to seek legal assistance.

3. Can I legally evict a non-paying guest?

As a homeowner, you have the right to ask a non-paying guest to leave your property. However, if the guest has established tenancy, you may need to go through the proper legal channels to evict them.

4. How can I prevent non-paying guests from staying at my property?

One way to prevent non-paying guests from staying at your property is to clearly communicate your policies and expectations to any potential guests. It's also important to establish a written agreement, such as a rental contract, to outline the terms of their stay.

5. What are the potential risks of having a non-paying guest?

Having a non-paying guest can put you at risk for financial loss, property damage, and legal issues. It's important to set boundaries and address any concerns or issues as soon as they arise.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcsharon1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • wadesgirl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • cakepampered