• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick and Easy Non Microwave Recipes for a Last-Minute Hostess Emergency

In summary, the pan cake would be a good option for the main dish, and the trifle or cookies would be a good dessert.
FeliciaD
So, I am in a panic as I called my hostess yesterday for her to tell me her microwave BROKE!! This my first show and the two recipes I had planned (ones that I had practiced and I am comfortable with) were both for the microwave. So now I am back at square one. My show is tonight, I dont have time to practice a recipe.

Any recipes you can suggest?

She asked about the cookie balls in the Holiday Catalog. I was thinking I could make those and just not drizzle them with chocolate. What do you think? I just hate I never made them, so I dont know how they will turn out.

Do a Chicken Enchilda Pizza in the oven using your large bar pan.

That was my plan for the main dish, I was going to a dessert....I am stumped there. I really wanted to keep it simple since this is my first show and I am already NERVOUS!!!

Can you make a cake in the DCB at home and bring it and then just put it in the oven for a few minutes to keep it warm?How about a skillet cake?

One tip for the future, plan on one recipe, it makes it a lot easier!

babywings76 said:
Can you make a cake in the DCB at home and bring it and then just put it in the oven for a few minutes to keep it warm?

How about a skillet cake?

Thats a good idea. I could make it and that would give me a chance to show off the DCB.

I dont have the skillet yet (newbie here, still in my 30days)

wadesgirl said:
One tip for the future, plan on one recipe, it makes it a lot easier!

Do most of you only do one recipe? I am still with in my first 30 days, but over the past 6 months I have been to several different parties, and they always had two recipes. A main dish and a dessert.

I rarely do two recipes unless the second is either our sauces over cream cheese with crackers or salsa made in the MFP.

FeliciaD said:
Do most of you only do one recipe? I am still with in my first 30 days, but over the past 6 months I have been to several different parties, and they always had two recipes. A main dish and a dessert.

Only one! If the host wants to provide more, it's up to them.

remember, you aren't the caterer. there to give them a taste otherwise you are so busy cooking, you don't have time to visit with the guests.

make the focaccia. easiest recipe and shows off a lot of products.

Attachments

• PC Recipe- Easy Focaccia.doc
    21 KB · Views: 382
That's a good idea to prepare one before. I'm in Japan and some hosts who live off base have teeny tiny microwaves (and almost never have an oven) and lots of consultants will bring their own microwave for the show. Yeah it's a pain, but it might be worth it.I'm still in my 90 days. I do 2 recipes. I always try to pick easy ones, though. If both are microwave recipes, that can be tricky (learned that one the LOOOOONG way lol) It's easy with a lot of guests cause I assign teams to each dish.

You could make a trifle dessert. Or simply bake cookies on a stone, scoop and bakes.

If you have the Rice Cooker Plus, do the Molten Lava cake if you want a dessert. I second the Chicken Enchilada Pizza, or the Anti Pasti Pull Apart pizza

Do the cookies that are in this weeks newsletter. You have all the tools to make them as either cookies or tartlettes.

I do one main recipe. I will do a second, small one. One that is easy and I can whip together super fast or do before the party begins. I like to do the Lava cake. Or bread w/ dipping oils. Or cream cheese w/a sauce w/ club crackers.Other than that, the host is more than welcome to prepare anything additional. I'll provide her w/ some recipes if she wants to do something PC. But I encourage them not to go all out, because then it becomes too much work for them and they'll get frazzled and it also makes hosting look hard to her friends. ;)

1. What are some alternatives to using the microwave when cooking with Pampered Chef products?

There are several alternatives to using the microwave when using Pampered Chef products. These include using the stovetop, oven, slow cooker, or grill.

2. Can I use Pampered Chef products in the oven instead of the microwave?

Yes, many Pampered Chef products are designed to be used in the oven, such as our stoneware and bakeware. Just be sure to follow the recommended temperature guidelines for each product.

3. Are there any Pampered Chef products that are specifically designed for non-microwave cooking?

Yes, we have a variety of products that are specifically designed for non-microwave cooking, such as our Stoneware Collection and our Quick Cooker.

4. How can I adjust cooking times when using Pampered Chef products in non-microwave recipes?

When using Pampered Chef products in non-microwave recipes, it is important to follow the recommended cooking times and temperatures for each product. If needed, you can also adjust the cooking time slightly based on your personal preference and the type of recipe you are using.

5. Can I still achieve the same results when using Pampered Chef products in non-microwave recipes?

Yes, you can still achieve great results when using Pampered Chef products in non-microwave recipes. Our products are designed to evenly distribute heat and cook food to perfection, regardless of the cooking method used.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chefkelly88
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Rosechef
  • pamperedposey
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • murkey