• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Non-Demo Shows: Can They Work for Sales & Bookings?

In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of non-demo shows and how they can be successful. The participants discussed their personal experiences and techniques for holding successful shows without doing live demonstrations. They talked about the benefits of non-demo shows, such as having more time to talk and interact with guests, and the potential for higher sales and bookings. Some mentioned using games or props to engage guests and keep the show interesting. Ultimately, the participants agreed that giving hosts the option to choose the type of show they want is important for their success.
Melissa78
Gold Member
I'm reading here and there that people do non-demo shows. I've never been to one in my 11yrs of attending PC shows and I'm wondering A) how you do it without boring the audience B) how well do they fare out in sales and bookings C) I find that demo'ing the tools is what sells them, is it just me?

I'm always looking for new ways of doing things and/or lighten my load to shows. Someday I think the handles on my bag will rip or my shoulder will break, not such which will be first. :yuck:

OOOHHHHH....I LOVE LOVE LOVE THESE KINDA SHOWS!
:love: :love: :love:

Sales and Bookings ARE GREAT I find! Always get lotsa compliments, thats for sure! For me, I DO NOT get nervous before this kind of show because it takes the pressure off. I usually play a game (ex: Love it Got it) and find these are the most fun kind of shows.

As far as TRYING/DEMOING the products - you can always just have a potato to use the mandoline, forged, chopper, wedgers, etc. :)

Ok but how do you take up the time with just playing a game? Trying to get the overall idea of this show style. I'm not huge on games so perhaps I'll be a skeptic. I'm one of those that rolls their eyes when a party consultant says "ok everyone let's play a game"...kinda like saying "lets all stab ourselves with the pen we are holding". Nothing says "house party" more than a game. LOL (ok not dissing anyone that does games but they are too cliche for me) I really would like to try the ticket game for recruiting purposes but can't even bring myself to do that.

Do you go page by page thru the catalog? How do you get the "oohs and ahhhs" from this type of show? (Seriously asking - not sarcasm here)

THanks.

We talk about the cookware, stoneware, and anything else people want to chat about. It gives us more time to really discuss things.

LOL - i always go through the Big 4 (or 5 if I include Bamboo). At the beginning of the Show, I explain how the Got it Love it game works - so if they dont want to participate they dont have to. The prize is usually something small but people LOVE it! I also pick about 5 of MY favs or most popular products - that is usually a long enough show.

If the host has $250 in sales BEFORE a Show - I bring a trifle (that i made ahead of time).

if you talk about the big 4 collections and a few others - it WILL be long enough to have a Show (including intro and closing times as well).

I give my hosts a choice - demo or non demo. Usually they use pick the non-demo. We do introductions and I have them talk about their favorite product (this gets them talking about them and sharing with each other). I also had around the product as they are talking about them. If they talk about one of the major 5 groups - I include bamboo then we talk about it right then and there. Sometimes if it's a large group by the time we are done with introductions we have pretty much talked about all the products! If not then I talk about a few more. Then do booking and recruiting. Sometimes I do a ticket game through out for them finding page numbers, coming to the show, brining a guest, etc.

Thanks Paula for the link - and a thanks to the others for their comments. I would absolutely LOVE not having to clean up the HUGE mess I make in my cooking area at a show nor have to LUG all of the 'stuff' with me but I'm not sure if my guests are just catalog people and I've had 2 shows now where only 1 or 2 people have ever been to a PC show so the "have it, love it" would be very dull in those cases. I'm going to have to give this some thought and see what I can come up with. DO love the props Rae uses. Quite comical! (I've had some crowds though that I'd want to murder with the siren as they were rowdy enough without a siren). hehe I love seeing how people on here do things so very different and everyone is just as successful as the next. You rock!

I always give my hosts an option. They get to choose the type of show they want. Most of them choose the Walk through the Catalog Show. It works well for me, but it's not for everyone.

Last edited:
those who do non-demo shows, still take products..it isn't an 'in person' catalog party.

I've been on conference call after call..with TOP people in our company..Robin House ( who was TPC in 5 catagories this year at conference) and Duska Mills, and they both said they do not do demo-shows...they have the food ready at the beginning.

:> do what works for you..the joy of this business..

What are non-demo shows?

Non-demo shows are parties or events where a Pampered Chef consultant does not perform a live demonstration of our products. Instead, the consultant showcases the products through catalogs, brochures, and samples, and takes orders and bookings from guests.

Can non-demo shows be successful for generating sales?

Yes, non-demo shows can be just as successful as traditional demo shows for generating sales. By providing guests with the opportunity to see, touch, and sample our products, they can make informed purchasing decisions and place orders at the party.

How can I make my non-demo show successful for bookings?

To make your non-demo show successful for bookings, it's important to make sure that guests have a great experience and see the value in hosting their own party. You can offer special incentives or discounts for booking a party at the show, and make sure to highlight the benefits of hosting a party, such as free products and discounts.

What types of events are best suited for non-demo shows?

Non-demo shows can be successful at a variety of events, such as home parties, vendor fairs, and community events. These events provide a great opportunity to showcase our products to a larger audience and generate sales and bookings.

How can I effectively market my non-demo show?

To effectively market your non-demo show, it's important to use a variety of channels, such as social media, email invitations, and word of mouth. Make sure to highlight the unique aspects of your show, such as special deals and incentives, to entice guests to attend and make purchases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1PamperedMommy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Laura Kavanaugh