• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some non-dairy recipes for an upcoming cooking demo?

In summary, the hostess would like an appetizer or dessert demo that is dairy-free. There are no substitutes that the author is aware of, and the recipe does not require cream cheese. Suggestions for an appetizer include the Italian stuffed calzone or the quick & easy Mom's Apple Crisp. For dessert, the author recommends the apple crisp from one of the cookbooks or the microwave dessert option.
Pampered Sofia
I've got a show with a hostess next week who'd like an appetizer or dessert demo. I'd like it to be non-dairy because I know her son is allergic to dairy and I'd like for her to be able to use the recipe again because I know she doesn't cook all that much. Any thoughts? Suggestions? Also, we live outside the U.S. in an area that doesn't have a lot of dairy substitutes. About all I could get a hold of would be tofu, soy milk, vegetable sliced cheese, or frozen yogurt... Please help!

Non-DairyI don't thing the Apricot Almond Twist (All the Best cookbook) has dairy.

Dairy Free SuggestionSofia,

:eek: I also have a problem with dairy & have found it challenging to find PC recipes that do not have dairy in them. I would suggest for an appetizer the Italian or "cheeseburger" stuffed calzone that was a fast family favorite 2 seasons ago the recipe is on PC's website under celebrations. I know that the "cheeseburger" one tells you to put pieces of cheese on the dough & then top the cheese with the meat. I have made this recipe quite a few times & have left out the cheese slices & garnishing the top with the parm cheese & no one really misses the cheese. You can also designate a side of the calzone as cheese-less or make an individual calzone for the person that can not eat the dairy. That way you can still demo all of the items that the recipe calls for.

:rolleyes: Desserts I am not too sure most of PC recipes require cream cheese & I have yet to find a product of the same consistency that is dairy free. I hope this helps a little. Good Luck with your show!

mom's apple crisp is a great quick dessert that shows a lot of tools and is non-dairy...very fall-ish too! And it's a microwave dessert. It's in one of the cookbooks, but it is also on consultant's corner if you do a recipe search for it b/c it is in a product use and care sheet as well...if i get a chance I will try to post it later...no promises b/c this week is pretty busy for me!

Mom's Apple Crisp RecipeHere is the recipe Lauren was talking about... :)

Attachments

• s Apple Crisp.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 409

1. Can you recommend some non-dairy alternatives for milk and cheese in recipes?

Yes, there are many delicious non-dairy milk and cheese options available. For milk, you can use almond, coconut, soy, or oat milk. For cheese, try using cashew, almond, or soy-based cheese alternatives.

2. Are there any easy non-dairy dessert recipes?

Absolutely! You can make delicious non-dairy desserts using ingredients like coconut milk, avocado, and tofu. One easy recipe is a chocolate avocado mousse made with avocado, cocoa powder, and maple syrup.

3. Are there any non-dairy substitutes for butter in baking?

Yes, you can use coconut oil, vegan butter, or applesauce as a substitute for butter in baking recipes. Each one will give a slightly different texture and flavor, so it's best to experiment and see which one you prefer.

4. Can you suggest some non-dairy options for creamy sauces and dressings?

There are many non-dairy options for creamy sauces and dressings. You can use cashew cream, coconut milk, or tahini as a base for a creamy sauce or dressing. You can also try using avocado or silken tofu for a creamy texture.

5. Are there any non-dairy recipes for main dishes or entrees?

Yes, there are plenty of non-dairy options for main dishes and entrees. You can make stir-fries with tofu and vegetables, lentil or bean-based soups, and pasta dishes with a tomato or pesto sauce. You can also try making a vegetable curry with coconut milk or a quinoa and vegetable bowl with a tahini dressing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kimbproctor1
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • pampchefrhondab
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
Replies