1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Non-dairy recipes needed!

1. Pampered Sofia

Pampered Sofia Novice Member

I've got a show with a hostess next week who'd like an appetizer or dessert demo. I'd like it to be non-dairy because I know her son is allergic to dairy and I'd like for her to be able to use the recipe again because I know she doesn't cook all that much. Any thoughts? Suggestions? Also, we live outside the U.S. in an area that doesn't have a lot of dairy substitutes. About all I could get a hold of would be tofu, soy milk, vegetable sliced cheese, or frozen yogurt... Please help!

2. rwesterpchef

rwesterpchef Advanced Member

Non-Dairy

I don't thing the Apricot Almond Twist (All the Best cookbook) has dairy.

Nov 4, 2005
  3. Dairy Free Suggestion

Sofia,

:eek: I also have a problem with dairy & have found it challenging to find PC recipes that do not have dairy in them. I would suggest for an appetizer the Italian or "cheeseburger" stuffed calzone that was a fast family favorite 2 seasons ago the recipe is on PC's website under celebrations. I know that the "cheeseburger" one tells you to put pieces of cheese on the dough & then top the cheese with the meat. I have made this recipe quite a few times & have left out the cheese slices & garnishing the top with the parm cheese & no one really misses the cheese. You can also designate a side of the calzone as cheese-less or make an individual calzone for the person that can not eat the dairy. That way you can still demo all of the items that the recipe calls for.

:rolleyes: Desserts I am not too sure most of PC recipes require cream cheese & I have yet to find a product of the same consistency that is dairy free. I hope this helps a little. Good Luck with your show!

Nov 4, 2005
  4. Laurenncraigory

Laurenncraigory Member

mom's apple crisp is a great quick dessert that shows a lot of tools and is non-dairy...very fall-ish too! And it's a microwave dessert. It's in one of the cookbooks, but it is also on consultant's corner if you do a recipe search for it b/c it is in a product use and care sheet as well...if i get a chance I will try to post it later...no promises b/c this week is pretty busy for me!

5. chefmama

chefmama Guest

Mom's Apple Crisp Recipe

Here is the recipe Lauren was talking about... :)

Attached Files:

Nov 4, 2005
Have something to add?