1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Non-dairy recipes needed!

1. Pampered Sofia

Pampered Sofia Novice Member

I've got a show with a hostess next week who'd like an appetizer or dessert demo. I'd like it to be non-dairy because I know her son is allergic to dairy and I'd like for her to be able to use the recipe again because I know she doesn't cook all that much. Any thoughts? Suggestions? Also, we live outside the U.S. in an area that doesn't have a lot of dairy substitutes. About all I could get a hold of would be tofu, soy milk, vegetable sliced cheese, or frozen yogurt... Please help!

2. rwesterpchef

rwesterpchef Advanced Member

Non-Dairy

I don't thing the Apricot Almond Twist (All the Best cookbook) has dairy.

Nov 4, 2005
  3. Dairy Free Suggestion

Sofia,

:eek: I also have a problem with dairy & have found it challenging to find PC recipes that do not have dairy in them. I would suggest for an appetizer the Italian or "cheeseburger" stuffed calzone that was a fast family favorite 2 seasons ago the recipe is on PC's website under celebrations. I know that the "cheeseburger" one tells you to put pieces of cheese on the dough & then top the cheese with the meat. I have made this recipe quite a few times & have left out the cheese slices & garnishing the top with the parm cheese & no one really misses the cheese. You can also designate a side of the calzone as cheese-less or make an individual calzone for the person that can not eat the dairy. That way you can still demo all of the items that the recipe calls for.

:rolleyes: Desserts I am not too sure most of PC recipes require cream cheese & I have yet to find a product of the same consistency that is dairy free. I hope this helps a little. Good Luck with your show!

Nov 4, 2005
  4. Laurenncraigory

Laurenncraigory Member

mom's apple crisp is a great quick dessert that shows a lot of tools and is non-dairy...very fall-ish too! And it's a microwave dessert. It's in one of the cookbooks, but it is also on consultant's corner if you do a recipe search for it b/c it is in a product use and care sheet as well...if i get a chance I will try to post it later...no promises b/c this week is pretty busy for me!

5. chefmama

chefmama Guest

Mom's Apple Crisp Recipe

Here is the recipe Lauren was talking about... :)

Attached Files:

Nov 4, 2005
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted