1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Non cook dessert recipe

1. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

ideas? I have hosts asking for dessert recipes for July and I'm stumped. We don't want to heat up the kitchen but I still want to demo lots of tools so I'm not sure a prebaked crust for a dessert pizza is the way to go unless of course it demos alot.

Anyone have a suggestion?

TIA,

Jun 29, 2006
  2. ange13

ange13 Member

I've done the Candy Apple Surprise alot. It is:

1 tub whipped cream
    1 sm can crushed pineapple, drained
    2-3 snicker bars, chopped

Mix together. It shows the batter bowl, can opener, crinkle cutter, spatulas, can drainer, cutting board, food chopper. I'm sure you can use more things too like the cheese grater and sprinkle some fresh grated choc onto it to make it look pretty. oh, and maybe the chillzanne bowl to transport it for picnics?.......

Super simple recipe and no cooking at all :) People always seem to love it.

Jun 29, 2006
  3. pcjulie

pcjulie Member

You could do the Cool and Creamy Chocolate Fondue and make the cinnamon chips ahead of time at home. You can show different cutting tools to show the fruit to go with it as well.

Jun 29, 2006
  4. pcjeanie

pcjeanie Member

You could do the Tiramasu Brownie Squares and just bake the brownies in advance. Every time I've done this recipe it's a big hit.

Jeanie Gay

Jun 29, 2006
  5. lacychef

lacychef Legend Member

My FAVORITE sweet summer recipe is Apple/Berry Salsa. I bake the cinnamon chips at home, and the salsa uses lots of tools. Yum-o!:D

Jun 29, 2006
  6. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

I did the Taffy Apple Pizza last night with the cookie already made. A/P/C/S ( for the apples ) Chopper for the peanuts, measure all for the peanut butter, small batter bowl ( next months guest special:D ) for the cream cheese, peanut butter, brown sugar ( measuring cups, & measuring spoons for the vanilla. BUT WAIT...theres MORE!!!...Pizza cutter, mini spatula, lg round stone & round woven tray ( this months host special ):D :D :D

Ginger:cool:

Jun 29, 2006
  7. chefruthie

chefruthie Member Gold Member

I make one very close to this one that is in Food, Family & friends cookbook from way back in the 1995. It's called Candy Apple Delight. It has all the above ingredients plus 3 granny smith apples (APCS and wedger to cut in bite size pieces) and 1/2 cup peanuts (Food Chopper). It's really yummy and if you make it at the very beginning of your show, you can put it in the Chillzane bowl and just sit it on the table til you're ready to serve it.

Jun 29, 2006
  8. ange13

ange13 Member

That's what it was!!! I knew I was forgetting an ingredient!!!! Thanks so much, I knew it was an oldie too!

It is really good and light so you don't feel like you're filling up on dessert.

Jun 29, 2006
  9. chefruthie

Every time I make this one I get rave reviews! It is very light and all those flavors really taste great together.

Jun 29, 2006
  10. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

Thanks for all the great ideas everyone! :)

Question about the Candy Apple Delight - what size tub of whipped cream small or large and do you just serve it in the large Chilzanne?

I will offer ALL the above mentioned choices and let them decide.

Again, thanks a bunch!

Jun 29, 2006
  11. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

I'll have to try this one!

Jun 29, 2006
  12. janel kelly

janel kelly Advanced Member

I'm going to make the profiterole puffs this month and just have the puff part made before I go. Its super easy. I might also offer to make a salad as well since the profiterole puffs will be so quick and easy. Both are non cooking.

Jun 29, 2006
  13. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

Banana Cream Brownie Squares are my new favorite dessert!!! So yummy! I've made them using peanuts or pecans...both are delish!

Banana Cream Brownie Squares

3/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
    1 package (500g ounce) brownie mix (plus ingredients to make)
    3 medium bananas
    1 1/4 cups milk
    1 package (4 serving size) vanilla instant pudding
    1 container Cool Whip, thawed
    12 strawberries
    1 square (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate for baking
    Preheat to 350. Using Food Chopper, chop peanuts. Prepare brownie mix according to instructions, stir in 1/2 Cup of peanuts, Pour into Square Baker. Bake according to package instructions. Cool Completely. Using Egg Slicer Plus, slice 2 bananas. Place in a single layer over brownie. In Classic 2 quart. Batter Bowl, whisk pudding mix and milk using 10"Whisk; beat until mixture just begins to thicken. Using Super Scraper, gently fold in 2.5 cups of the cool whip. Quickly spread pudding mixture over bananas. Refrigerate for 30minutes Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup peanuts over pudding mixture. Using Easy Accent Decorator, fill with cool whip. To serve, cut into squares using Slice N Serve; garnish with whipped topping. Using Deluxe Cheese Grater, grate chocolate evenly over dessert. Slice remaining banana and strawberries with Egg Slicer Plus. Garnish each square with banana and strawberry slices.

14. gilliandanielle

gilliandanielle Legend Member

I love the profiterole puffs because they look so complicated, but are soooo easy!!

15. Chef susan

Chef susan Member

Profiterole puffs are too easy--and they show off the chillzane rectangle server when bringing them--but I do the ice cream sandwich torte in the summer and a microwave to die for cheese dip with nachos--no oven required and they LOVE them---My favorite is to chop butterfingers for the middle of torte!!!:D

Jun 29, 2006
  16. chefruthie

I use the 12 oz size of cool whip. Serve it right from the large Chillzane bowl.

Jun 30, 2006
  17. krhodes74

krhodes74 Member

Recipe

Can I get the recipe for the Ice cream torte and the cheese dip those sound really good

Jun 30, 2006
  18. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

I am going to have to try some of these this weekend!

Jun 30, 2006
  19. gilliandanielle

gilliandanielle Legend Member

I think the ice cream torte recipe was in the Spring/ Summer 2005 season's best if you have it.

Have something to add?