• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Make No Peek Chicken in the DCB?

In summary, this person is experimenting with a recipe for No Peek Chicken that can be done in the DCB in the microwave. They suggest cooking the rice in the rice cooker plus using chicken broth instead of water, and then cooking the chicken in the grill pan. They also suggest a different rub for next time.
babywings76
Gold Member
Is anyone familiar with a No Peek Chicken recipe that can be done in the DCB in the microwave? I have some recipes for 9x13 casseroles that get done in the oven, but to be honest I've never made them. I always do rice in the Rice Cooker Plus and chicken separately. But tonight I want to give the rice more flavor and just do it in one pot if it's possible.

Any tips out there? Or should I just do rice in the RCP and grill my chicken in the grill pan?

When I want to give my rice more flavor, I saute the rice kernels with butter, and some diced onion, celery, and mushrooms, and then cook it in chicken broth instead of water. We LOVE it that way. But I don't cook my rice in the RCP....

I'm still recovering from a stomach flu and need to keep things pretty basic and simple tonight, otherwise I'd definitely try something like that. I could do my rice in soup, but I guess I was hoping to make this a one pot dinner. I'm not feeling well to do too much in the kitchen today. And I'm playing a board game w/ the kiddos. :D

I've started cooking my rice in the RCP using mostly chicken stock (for example...3 cups rice, 2 cans stock, and water to make six cuts liquid). Gives some AWESOME flavor without adding fat from the butter. Sometimes I'll add some seasoning to it as well, but mostly just the chicken stock...

Well, I just experimented. I did 2 cups rice and 4 cups water (some of that water was actually some chicken broth.) Stirred it around in the DCB and then added a bunch of chicken breast tenders. Sprinkled a bunch of the Lemon Pepper Rub and then stirred it around a little. Covered it and microwaved it on high for 5 minutes. Took a peek at it and did it for another 5 minutes. Took another peek at it and then did another 5 minutes. Then I let it sit for a few minutes. It did boil over a little bit on those last 5 minutes, but not too bad. The chicken and rice were cooked just fine and had good flavor and the chicken was very tender. I worried on how the chicken would be because it was basically boiled in that water, but it was still very good. Next time I'd do it with a different rub though. The pepper was a bit too much in the rub for this since there weren't a lot of other ingredients.Overall, it was an easy one pot dinner and decent. Nothing to write home about, but it's definitely a do-able thing.

The directions for cooking rice in the RC say 5 minutes on high, then 15 minutes on medium. I wonder if cooking your chicken and rice in the DCB using the same cooking instructions would help keep it from boiling over.

1. What is "No Peek Chicken in the Dcb?"

"No Peek Chicken in the Dcb" is a delicious and easy recipe that involves cooking chicken and rice in a Deep Covered Baker (DCB) from Pampered Chef. The chicken and rice are cooked together in the oven, resulting in a flavorful and moist dish.

2. How do I make "No Peek Chicken in the Dcb?"

To make "No Peek Chicken in the Dcb," you will need chicken breasts, long grain white rice, cream of mushroom soup, onion soup mix, and water. Simply mix these ingredients together in the DCB, cover with the lid, and bake in the oven for about an hour. The recipe can be found on the Pampered Chef website or in our recipe book.

3. Can I use a different type of rice for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a different type of rice, such as brown rice or jasmine rice. However, the cooking time and amount of water may need to be adjusted accordingly. We recommend following the instructions for your specific type of rice when making this recipe.

4. What can I serve with "No Peek Chicken in the Dcb?"

This dish is a complete meal on its own, but it can also be served with a side salad or steamed vegetables for a more well-rounded meal. You can also add your favorite herbs or spices to the recipe for added flavor.

5. Can I make "No Peek Chicken in the Dcb" in advance?

Yes, you can prepare the ingredients and assemble the dish in the DCB ahead of time, but do not bake it until you are ready to serve it. You can keep the assembled dish in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking. This is a great option for meal prep or for a busy weeknight dinner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • Jennie50