• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Home Cooking Really on the Decline?

In summary, the conversation revolves around concerns about hosting a Pampered Chef show, with people saying that no one cooks anymore and everyone already has a lot of Pampered Chef products. The advice given includes emphasizing the benefits of cooking at home with the right tools, showing how Pampered Chef products can make cooking easier and more enjoyable, and highlighting the potential for saving money on food costs. It is also suggested to focus on the fact that Pampered Chef offers more than just cooking tools, with entertaining pieces and other products that can appeal to non-cookers as well. Overall, the key is to show how Pampered Chef can benefit everyone, regardless of their cooking habits.
RoseAndrews
I have several people that want to have a show but they say things like "no one cooks anymore" or "everyone has a lot of Pampered Chef already". :grumpy:

The way I am answering those concerns is obviously not working since they aren't booking...what do you say to concerns like this???

Rose

in this economy, not only are MORE people cooking, but with the RIGHT tools, those who hate to cook find it more tolerable and less of a chore. Also, just because YOU don't cook doesn't mean that your friends don't. The beauty of PC is that you can get the wonderful entertaining pieces that you like and would use, and your friends can get the tools they like and would use. Everyone wins.

Even though someone may not cook, we sell a ton of entertaining pieces - simple additions, bamboo, outdoor utensils/plates, grilling tools.

Maybe the cooking show would re-ignite the desire to cook after seeing how the right tools can make it quick and easy and the recipes are budget friendly.

RoseAndrews said:
I have several people that want to have a show but they say things like "no one cooks anymore" or "everyone has a lot of Pampered Chef already". :grumpy:

The way I am answering those concerns is obviously not working since they aren't booking...what do you say to concerns like this???

Rose

That's exactly why they need to have a party. People need to get back to cooking to save money on their food budget and we can show them how.

As far as having a lot of PC already - hello? No one ever buys everything they want the first time and we are always coming out with new products so of course they want to see and get them.

All great advice. I'd also add that no one gets together with their friends and family, and this is a great affordable way to get together. Whether we like or want to cook, we do find ourselves in the kitchen regardless. You get to show them how easy it is to get food on the table in a quicker and easier manner. Healthier food and easier on the wallet. Our tools rock and they can see them in action. Why not host a show and stock your kitchen for free?

Not everyone "cooks", but everyone eats... Unless you're eating most of your meals in a restaurant, you need something to prepare whatever food you are actually eating. Even if you survive on frozen pizza and chicken nuggets, we have the tools to make that taste better!

If people cooked more often and didn't eat out, think of what you could use that extra money on... like a family vacation! Cooking at home, you know every single ingredient in the recipe. You know that it's fresh and healthy and made with love. I don't know about you, but since I introduced Pampered Chef tools to my household, EVERYONE wants to help because the kids love how easy and fun the tools are!

I get that all the time down here in FL with the retired population.

SOLUTION: I always tell them, "Pampered Chef makes a perfect gift for those who cook or don't cook." Then they will say, "But I don't cook, I don't understand?" Then that opens the door for me to say, "Everything we have is centered around FOOD not just COOKING."

Then they get it.

I tell people that I cook at least 6 nights a week, full meals that aren't "fast" or instant packaged meals. I never repeat one (other than favorites, which might show up 2 times a month at most) and they never take all that long (afterall I work full time and we're talking about weeknight cooking here). Then I tell them it is completely because of all the great PC tools and recipes I have now- I now love cooking and have CONFIDENCE to cook great things because I know it can be done easily and quickly.

My MIL is one of those peole who HATES to cook. (It shows, believe me. She won't kill anyone with her cooking, but she'll never win awards either.) In 2004, we gave her a Wusthof knife gift set (8" Chef's Knife & 3½" Paring Knife). It stemmed from our trip to Hawaii the month before where on every island, my huband and I complained about the crappy knives we had to use when cooking or eating. We wanted them to have some nice knives like we had so they would understand and appreciate some good knives. Several months later, she let us know that she liked that paring knife, but didn't like the big one - it scared her.

Knowing she didin't like her big knife, last year for Christmas I got her the PC Forged 5" Utility Knife and the 5" Santoku Knife. [Of course I give PC gifts now that I'm a consultant. I wasn't a consultant in 2004 and I don't think PC had the forged cutlery then or it just came out and I didn't know about it (made me mad later - Wusthof is great, but expensive PC is a slightly softer knife, but a better overall value in the end.)] She just told me today how much she loves those two knives and they make her work easier. I am so happy for her. I wanted her to have some good knives to make kitchen "chores" quicker and easier.

Last edited:
I think I'd be tempted to ask "You eat every meal at a restaurant or your mom's house?"
:D

Wow, I am going to set these tips to memory! Amazing responses. THIS is what I need to be saying at my shows!!

They may not cook, but I bet they reheat stuff in the microwave. Simple Additions are great for the microwave. The small square plates, put 2 together, inverting the one on the top, and it is a lid.
The dots salad plate is a perfect cover for the pasta bowl.
It is SO much nicer eating from SA than some plastic tupperware thing.
And when you go to load the dishwasher, SA can go on the bottom rack so there is more space onteh top rack for plastic things that need top-rack only.

Here's my two cents... it's just that, an excuse. There is something holding them back. Our job is not to talk them into anything, but to inform them and let them talk themselves into a show. Next time someone says "no one cooks anymore" ask them "Really? What makes you say that? Do you believe that to be true? Tell me, what makes you think that?" Let them talk and you keep asking. Keep them talking and soon enough, if they really believe no one is cooking anymore, they will realize that is not true, cuz if it was, your local grocery store will soon be out of business! But what you want to have happen is that the more they talk, you will get to the heart of the excuse, which is that she is afraid no one will come! In my opinion, that's what's behind the excuse that "no one cooks anymore".

One more cent.... keep in mind that when potential hosts give excuses, it's because they either need more information about what it really means to have a show (some have preconceived ideas, or they have been to a show where the host went overboard). But again, instead of trying to overcome the excuse, try to get to the real meaning behind the excuse. Just listen to them, don't try to talk them into anything, and let them know that you will happy to help her get her products for free when she is ready.

Debrachef said:
One more cent.... keep in mind that when potential hosts give excuses, it's because they either need more information about what it really means to have a show (some have preconceived ideas, or they have been to a show where the host went overboard). But again, instead of trying to overcome the excuse, try to get to the real meaning behind the excuse. Just listen to them, don't try to talk them into anything, and let them know that you will happy to help her get her products for free when she is ready.

perfectly said!

I would also ask them why it is that they DO want to have a show...you've said already that they do. Maybe they just want to get their friends together...that's great. I say "use me as your excuse to get your friends together. Tell them even if they can't or don't want to buy anything, come anyway. My consultant said she'll give me xxx if I have 10 people there (or whatever)."

Also, like someone else said, ask why they think nobody cooks. My theory is a lot of people don't like to cook because they don't have the proper equipment that they need to make it easier and more enjoyable. We can help with that!

I always like to point out that even though they may not 'cook', they can fool everyone by putting some ingredients into a DCB and popping it in the microwave, and it will taste like they were a knowledgable chef. Then they never believe me that the DCB can go in the microwave, and the conversation starts.

I heard one consultant tell me once that, when she first started, she had an elderly lady that really wanted to help her in her new business, even though she had no interest in getting any products for herself. Her solution was, hold a show, get free products.....Christmas shopping...DONE!! lol
Oh, and the show was actually held in AUGUST!! Pretty clever, if you ask me!!

Paula R. Lewis said:
I heard one consultant tell me once that, when she first started, she had an elderly lady that really wanted to help her in her new business, even though she had no interest in getting any products for herself. Her solution was, hold a show, get free products.....Christmas shopping...DONE!! lol
Oh, and the show was actually held in AUGUST!! Pretty clever, if you ask me!!

Love love LOVE this idea! I am going to use this strategy in July with a HOST A CHRISTMAS IN JULY event. Brilliant! Thanks for the inspiration:thumbup:

not only do people need to start cooking more to save them financially, but this obesity epidemic is no secret.... they need to cook for the sake of their health! What a selling point, not only are they doing the fiscally responsible thing, but also the healthy thing, in less time!

RoseAndrews said:
Love love LOVE this idea! I am going to use this strategy in July with a HOST A CHRISTMAS IN JULY event. Brilliant! Thanks for the inspiration:thumbup:

Truly my pleasure to share!! Hope it works for you, too!!!:angel:

At a show two weeks ago I had a woman come up to me and whisper..."I have EVERYTHING and I won't be purchasing. But if you need me to talk up the products I can." I smiled and said "Thank you and I appreciate your support. But I bet there are 26 NEW products that came out March 1st you don't have."

She asked a ton of questions during the show. And she after the show she called me with a $106 order.

People saying they don't cook or have everything is an excuse. Oh! Same show, some one told they don't cook....not only did they order they booked a show :eek:)

evk1972 said:
At a show two weeks ago I had a woman come up to me and whisper..."I have EVERYTHING and I won't be purchasing. But if you need me to talk up the products I can." I smiled and said "Thank you and I appreciate your support. But I bet there are 26 NEW products that came out March 1st you don't have."

She asked a ton of questions during the show. And she after the show she called me with a $106 order.

People saying they don't cook or have everything is an excuse. Oh! Same show, some one told they don't cook....not only did they order they booked a show :eek:)

Love that! Great job! :) :thumbup:

I'm loving reading everyone's posts. Great ways to respond to objections!

What is the "No Cooks Anymore" excuse?

The "No Cooks Anymore" excuse refers to the common excuse people use to avoid cooking at home. It implies that cooking is a time-consuming and tedious task that is no longer necessary in today's fast-paced world.

Why is the "No Cooks Anymore" excuse harmful?

The "No Cooks Anymore" excuse perpetuates the belief that cooking is a chore and not a valuable skill. It also promotes unhealthy eating habits, as people rely on convenient and processed foods instead of cooking fresh meals at home.

How can I combat the "No Cooks Anymore" excuse?

One way to combat the "No Cooks Anymore" excuse is to educate yourself on the benefits of cooking at home, such as saving money, controlling ingredients, and promoting healthier eating habits. You can also start with simple and quick recipes to make the cooking process less overwhelming.

What products from Pampered Chef can help with the "No Cooks Anymore" excuse?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of products that can make cooking at home easier and more enjoyable. Our Quick Cooker, Microwave Pasta Cooker, and Quick Cooker Steamer Set are just a few examples of products that can help save time and effort in the kitchen.

What are some other benefits of cooking at home?

Cooking at home has numerous benefits, including promoting family bonding, improving cooking skills, and allowing for customization of meals based on personal preferences and dietary restrictions. It also gives you control over portion sizes and can be a creative outlet for trying new recipes and flavors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• avelissar
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • susan g
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefliz
  • chellb1234