• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No Launch for Fall/Winter Product Reveal - NewsWire Update

In summary, the company is changing the way their products are going to be shown. There will be no launch event this year, but the new product will be shown by an upline. There are concerns that the money is tighter than expected and that the change might decrease the excitement level for the new season. There are also concerns about the loss of networking opportunities and the short amount of time to prepare.
pkd09
Silver Member
Did everyone see the NewsWire today? New Fall/Winter product will be shown by our upline....not at a launch. Very sad ;(

Money is tighter than we thought?

I like it! I live in Alaska and can't afford the airfare to fly south.

I really miss the networking and training that I received at National Conference and that is gone. Now Launch.....a little concerned for sure.

My thoughts on any change like this is you have to be careful what you "ask for". If people were complaining about things like cost, travel, locations, dates, etc in the surveys they may have just decided to get rid of it. I do agree we will lose some of the fun with getting together, having give-aways, etc. Hopefully they do it earlier towards the end of the season vs later! Not very excited about having less than 3 weeks to get ready for the new season.

Apparently the local launches were on a 2 year trial basis then they were going to re-assess. I'm really hoping that this means that national conference will be coming back!

I don't know how I feel about this. I am in Colorado and was really disappointed with how far away all the spring launches are this year - of course, we had bad weather last year for spring launch in Denver and I'm sure that was taken into consideration.

I was just this morning talking about looking forward to fall launch because I will have moved to the north east by then and there was bound to be one within and hour or two of me. Disappointed that I won't get that chance. And because of a recent move, I likely won't have hospitality yet either.

I like the local launches and their lower cost, but I HATED the training. To me it was cookie cutter and basically the same from one launch to the next. It was always the same. I miss Conference, but understand the economics behind that.

I really miss National Conference too. The excitement of it all was so uplifting to me and gave me a surge to move my business forward. I don't have that with Spring and Fall Launches but I too like the lower cost. The networking opportunities at National Conference was the best.

I am going to keep an open mind to this change and hope for the best.

Living in Upstate NY, 5 hours from NYC, I wish we would have some regional trainings. I agree that travelling to some of the locations is cost prohibitive for many of us--I'm not one that agrees we should have to pay for training of the products we are selling. I would hope they could have some regional trainings so more consultants could get excited about it and attend. Hopefully this is in the works. When I joined 6 years ago there were some held with regional groups within about an hour of us.

I don't like it. I don't have a director or any upline here in Texas, so I won't get a chance to see any of the new products in person unless I order them.

I've missed the National Conference as well but have been glad for the Launches-more members of my team have been able to attend. Even though we drive for 4 hours (we drive from Houston to Arlington on the morning of the event and come home that day) the cost is much cheaper than National Conference. It's a great way for our teams to see the "bigger picture" without spending a great deal of money and to receive some great training. Yes, the excitement level of Conference is not there, but at least training is being provided.
It will be interesting to see if any mention is made of fall events at the Spring Launches next month.

There will be 6 or 7 of us going to Spring Launch on Feb. 2nd, and I am really excited about this!

Suzy in Texas

sailorsarah said:
I don't like it. I don't have a director or any upline here in Texas, so I won't get a chance to see any of the new products in person unless I order them.
Contact your upline and ask for hospitality. There are lots of TX directors. My upline is in Waco (she is a Senior Executive). I have flown out of Killeen for retreats at her home -it isn't far. I am sure there are others too.

My Sr Exec. director said it was to help people be able to go to Leadership. launch is in Aug and Leadership is Sept so that would be cost of travel two months in a row. I like that that was considered.

The OCONUS consultants are LOVING this! Alaska, Hawaii, FPO/APO ... and many of the ones who were having to commute 6+ hours to get to an event. Now pretty much everyone will have the opportunity to go to their upline or Hospitality who are local to them and not have to worry about registration fees, gas, hotel, parking fees, etc. I actually think MORE people will get to participate now than before. ;)

Sheila said:
The OCONUS consultants are LOVING this! Alaska, Hawaii, FPO/APO ... and many of the ones who were having to commute 6+ hours to get to an event. Now pretty much everyone will have the opportunity to go to their upline or Hospitality who are local to them and not have to worry about registration fees, gas, hotel, parking fees, etc. I actually think MORE people will get to participate now than before. ;)

OCONUS? What's that?

Outside the Continental US (Alaska, Hawaii, FPO/APO, etc.)

Unless they give us something extra to enhance our meetings most consultants will miss the higher excitement a HO event can give. The launches have been lacking but still it will be far from what being in larger groups can give. Granted many still couldn't go but the opportunity was there for hose who wanted it.Before launches I always did up the reveal meetings to build excitement and they were the best meetings of the year - excitement and participation wise. So I am happy for that. I'm just sad that my team now has no upline local to them to give them the reveal. I do plan to Skype in to them to give them what I can but its not the same as being able to touch the products. ...I have looked for hospitality for them but no one is near enough by for them. One of my team has volunteered to host the meetings so hopefully it will work itself out.

BethCooks4U said:
Unless they give us something extra to enhance our meetings most consultants will miss the higher excitement a HO event can give. The launches have been lacking but still it will be far from what being in larger groups can give. Granted many still couldn't go but the opportunity was there for hose who wanted it.

Before launches I always did up the reveal meetings to build excitement and they were the best meetings of the year - excitement and participation wise. So I am happy for that. I'm just sad that my team now has no upline local to them to give them the reveal. I do plan to Skype in to them to give them what I can but its not the same as being able to touch the products. ...I have looked for hospitality for them but no one is near enough by for them. One of my team has volunteered to host the meetings so hopefully it will work itself out.

Beth, would Kernersville be too far for your team?

Bren706 said:
Beth, would Kernersville be too far for your team?

Unfortunately, yes. They are in Mebane, Burlington, Durham, Graham and Hillsborough. Also Greensboro.

I talked to a 31 director and they have local meetings (I think she said quarterly) and they give all the consultants that attend something new that is coming out....and it's usually something that is higher priced. I think they have to pay like $5 to go to the meeting or something like that but they come back with something that is pretty nice. Maybe they'll do something like that to get higher local attendance. I am going to miss the launches!

BethCooks4U said:
Unfortunately, yes. They are in Mebane, Burlington, Durham, Graham and Hillsborough. Also Greensboro.

I will keep my ears open for you. I do know a director in Brown Summit. Jennifer Smith, a sister consultant of mine (she used to play a big part in putting together the Kick-off meetings that were held in Greensboro a few years ago, is a director out of Kernersville, but she may also be able to refer someone.

Bren706 said:
I will keep my ears open for you. I do know a director in Brown Summit. Jennifer Smith, a sister consultant of mine (she used to play a big part in putting together the Kick-off meetings that were held in Greensboro a few years ago, is a director out of Kernersville, but she may also be able to refer someone.

I know Jennifer. Sweet person.

I was bumed when I saw they were doing away with it too, partly because I am not going to Spring launch due to money and time issues, and was really hoping and planning on fall launhc. I was going to go to Ohio and attend with my SIL/team member and leave the kids with grandma and grandpa for the weekend. I guess it is ok....i will certainly save money, but I feel bad for my OH team member. Her hospitality isnt that welcoming...treats her more like an outsider (even though she is in the same SrExec downline as the director hosting the meetings....just not in HER downline). Too bad they cant make Leadership in the winter inplace of Spring Launch, and keep the fall launch. I have always hated the risk with driving in the winter time that far! Makes more sense in the summer...less weather related issues at least. Most would have to fly to leadership anyway. Guess it is a risk either way.Bring back NC! :)

Last edited:
monicag said:
I talked to a 31 director and they have local meetings (I think she said quarterly) and they give all the consultants that attend something new that is coming out....and it's usually something that is higher priced. I think they have to pay like $5 to go to the meeting or something like that but they come back with something that is pretty nice. Maybe they'll do something like that to get higher local attendance. I am going to miss the launches!

If they did that, it would be our directors and upline who would pay for the products out of pocket. I don't see HO doing something like that. Also remember that 31 is still really new and doesn't have the volume of consultants that PC has.

Remember, you can always voice your opinion to HO. Let them know why you love the launches, what positive things you got from them or even if you want conference back. The more they hear from us, the more they might consider it. I don't see them bringing conference back since they are doing Leadership in September. Sort of wish they would move Leadership up and make that the reveal time since that is what they use to do in January.

esavvymom said:
I feel bad for my OH team member. Her hospitality isnt that welcoming...treats her more like an outsider (even though she is in the same SrExec downline as the director hosting the meetings....just not in HER downline).

Why not try to find her different hospitality? The old group obviously won't care...

lt1jane said:
Why not try to find her different hospitality? The old group obviously won't care...

There doesn't seem to be alot in the area unfortunately. I'll have my director try again, but it's tricky- since our official upline director knows this other director (being in the same downline). MY recruiter is only at a Team Leader status now.

I may try again on here.....

esavvymom said:
There doesn't seem to be alot in the area unfortunately. I'll have my director try again, but it's tricky- since our official upline director knows this other director (being in the same downline). MY recruiter is only at a Team Leader status now.

Bobbi-
Where are you located in NC? I have a few friends that are there and would be more than welcoming.

esavvymom said:

A lot of people on the consultant FB groups will ask around on there for hospitality suggestions. If it helps at all (because you aren't on FB, right?) I can post the question for you. Just PM me if you want me to help.

ChefGwendolyn said:
Bobbi-
Where are you located in NC? I have a few friends that are there and would be more than welcoming.

Thanks. it's actually for my Sister-in-law in Ohio. I've got a fantastic group (NED Kathy Yellets).

Hopefully PC will have plenty of time to come up with all sorts of great marketing tools, promos, etc so even those who don't have local support will get all the info and excitement they need. Plus here at CS we'll be on top of everything.

True, everyone here at CS has been pretty awesome about helping each other out.

esavvymom said:

Where in Ohio is she?

I too am slightly disappointed about this. True, it wasn't the same as National Conference, but I still got motivated from it. And it does make sense about Leadership. I just wonder if they will replace it with something. As a Director, I motivate my team, but I need motivated as well. I do attend Leadership, but am wondering if they will do away with Spring Launches as well.

My director (actually an AD) hasn't had a meeting in years. Instead she posts notices about meetings of her upline that are in Omaha. She is just over 2 hours from me. Omaha is about 5 hours. I can't take that much time off most of the time (we are self employed farming/ranching and oilfield). It is mainly my husband and I. We have a hired man but he is off on weekends (well deserved). I really HATE this! At least I could talk Hubby into Conference every 3-5 years. It made more sense to him since it was a number of days and I learned a LOT from the workshops and networking (didn't do as much as I would like). With this, there is very little chance I will get a chance to go. If my Director would actually have the meeting it would work. *sigh* I feel like I am afloat on my own in the ocean. I had done Hospitality years ago but quit getting invited (there were only a couple of us who attended back then and it was during all the changes with qualifications). I miss getting together with other consultants! I need to figure out a way to ask my Director if she is planning on doing the meeting. She is one of those people who feels sooo guilty easily and I hate feeling like I am hurting her feelings when I seem to be the only one who can't get to Omaha. I may call a Director I have met at various BIG vendor events and see if she will take me in- I feel like I am begging. -- whine over

Last edited:
That's a great reason to visit Chef Success often. Many are like you without the advantage of a strong director and/or monthly meetings. iWe have such great sharing members. You can be updated quickly after major events. We consider Chef Success the ultimate cluster meeting!

Darlene, I would recommend you make a goal to be a team leader by summer so you can invest your time in leadership conference. I'd also call h.o. to see if there are others in your area that hold meetings that you'd be able to attend. Perhaps there's someone not on your upline's list that would be close enough for you to attend monthly meetings.

DebPC said:
That's a great reason to visit Chef Success often. Many are like you without the advantage of a strong director and/or monthly meetings. iWe have such great sharing members. You can be updated quickly after major events. We consider Chef Success the ultimate cluster meeting!

This site has actually saved my PC career. Without it I wouldn't have stayed enthused!

1. Why is there no launch for the Fall/Winter product reveal?

The decision to not have a launch for the Fall/Winter product reveal was made by our company leadership due to the current global situation and the need to prioritize the safety and well-being of our consultants and customers.

2. Will the new Fall/Winter products still be revealed?

Yes, the new Fall/Winter products will still be revealed, but it will be done through our upline instead of at a launch event. This will ensure that everyone can still see and learn about the new products while following safety guidelines.

3. When will the new Fall/Winter products be shown by our upline?

The date for the product reveal by our upline has not been announced yet. We will provide updates as soon as we have more information.

4. Can we still purchase the new Fall/Winter products without a launch event?

Yes, you can still purchase the new Fall/Winter products through your upline or on our company website.

5. Is there any other way to see the new Fall/Winter products besides the reveal by our upline?

Yes, our company will also be sharing information and images of the new products on our social media channels and website. You can also attend virtual parties or events hosted by your upline to see the products in action.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • DebPC
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • Karen Weber