• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious No Knead Bread Recipe | Consultant's Corner

In summary, the recipe for the No Knead Bread for the Deep Covered Baker is missing from Consultant's Corner. The recipe can be found at Chef Success, and it takes just 5-10 minutes to make, let it rest for a few minutes, mold, and stick in the baker. The bread is therapuetic and easy to make.
foodygirl
Hi everyone! Can someone please tell me if they have seen or where on Consultant's Corner the recipe is for the No Knead Bread for the Deep Covered Baker? I cannot find it! Thank you!!

PS I made it today (from my recipe card) and it's SO good!!

THANK YOU! I appreciate it very much.

ohhh we are making this at our next team meeting!! I am really excited to try it!!

"Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature 6-10 hours or until dough is doubled in size."
Is there any way this can be done quicker? I've been making home made bread for a while now and just can't see myself waking up and getting on bread just so I can have it with dinner. This seems like such a long time plus the additional hour in Step 6.

Chozengirl said:
"Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature 6-10 hours or until dough is doubled in size."
Is there any way this can be done quicker? I've been making home made bread for a while now and just can't see myself waking up and getting on bread just so I can have it with dinner. This seems like such a long time plus the additional hour in Step 6.

Yeah, that's what I thought when I saw the recipe. Uh, yeah- no way! For a white bread recipe, I like this recipe: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f7/quick-easy-homemade-yeast-bread-71429/#post825805

It takes just 5-10 minutes to MAKE the bread, let it rest for a few minutes, mold, and stick in the baker. I do NOT preheat the stone. I just put the dough into my baker, and stick it in the oven. Then I turn the oven on. It takes less than 1.5 hrs start to finish.

The recipe makes one big loaf in the DCB, or cut it in half and make one smaller loaf in the Round Covered Baker.

I'm another one who saw that recipe & said no freaking way am I making that. Too many steps & too much timing to remember.

To the ladies who are making at their team meeting, please understand - I have a bread maker so I am spoiled when it comes to fresh bread. I'd be excited at this PC recipe if it weren't for the bread maker!

foodygirl, I am not surprised it was tasty! nothing like fresh warm bread, is there?

I can understand when you read the directions it seems like a lot of steps but actually it wasn't hard at all. I mixed up the dough in less than 5 minutes before bed and covered it. Done. In the morning tossed it on my counter with a little flour, folded it a couple of times - into the baker. 3 minutes to boil water and set in the oven. Then bake. It was excellent bread. :)

The steps dont bother me. It was the rise time.

foodygirl said:
In the morning tossed it on my counter with a little flour, folded it a couple of times - into the baker.

In my book, that's kneading thus defeating the name of "no-knead bread."

foodygirl said:
I can understand when you read the directions it seems like a lot of steps but actually it wasn't hard at all. I mixed up the dough in less than 5 minutes before bed and covered it. Done. In the morning tossed it on my counter with a little flour, folded it a couple of times - into the baker. 3 minutes to boil water and set in the oven. Then bake. It was excellent bread. :)

I like the idea of doing it before bed! I think I may try it tonight! I usually use a recipe that takes about 4 hours total to make. It's a heavy bread though, great for soups. Is the new one heavy?

Becca_in_MD said:
In my book, that's kneading thus defeating the name of "no-knead bread."

It's therapuetic. ;)

And folding a few times is hardly much kneading, just shaping. Hehe.

I love kneading bread. Yes, therapeutic! It just struck me when I read the recipe that it basically calls for a little kneading. I haven't read it again. Can you just fold it over aka knead it a few times in the baker without taking it out and having to flour the counter or pastry mat?

Using the Herbs De Provence Seasoning Mix and the Rosemary Infused Canola oil made an especially tasty bread!

1. What is a no knead bread recipe?

A no knead bread recipe is a method of making bread that eliminates the traditional step of kneading the dough. Instead, the dough is mixed and left to rise for a longer period of time, resulting in a crusty and flavorful loaf of bread.

2. How long does it take to make a no knead bread?

The total time for making a no knead bread can vary, but typically it takes around 18-24 hours. This includes mixing the ingredients, letting the dough rise, and baking the bread.

3. Can I use regular flour for a no knead bread recipe?

Yes, you can use regular all-purpose flour for a no knead bread recipe. However, you can also experiment with using different types of flour, such as whole wheat or rye, to add different flavors and textures to your bread.

4. Do I need any special equipment to make a no knead bread?

No, you do not need any special equipment to make a no knead bread. A large mixing bowl, a wooden spoon, and a Dutch oven or baking dish with a lid are all you need to make a delicious loaf of bread.

5. Can I add additional ingredients, such as herbs or cheese, to a no knead bread recipe?

Yes, you can add additional ingredients to a no knead bread recipe to customize the flavor. Popular additions include herbs, cheese, dried fruits, and nuts. Just be sure to adjust the amount of liquid in the recipe to account for any added ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• GourmetGirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • esavvymom