• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No GO Bookings

schel

Advanced Member
Apr 18, 2006
798
0
:mad:
I've got to say, I am surprised at the way people can be immature and inconsiderate.
I had 2 potential hosts for June in which were not returning my calls, or E-mails. The one I finally called and said this would be the final call unless I heard back from her either way. She did have the curtisy to call me back only to say "I don't want a show right now, but maybe in September."
Grrrrr! Ok, sigh, deep breath and smiling now, I'll put her on my call list for end of July, beginning of August.

Lets move on to #2....
I also left the same message and know what she did? Called me back, and I said "hello".... "hello" and I knew she was there and she hung up on me. So, I thought maybe there is a bad connection so I call her back. Voicemail...
I am not going to waste my time on it. My mom said that maybe it's a good thing, because if she is going to act that way, maybe it would have not been such a success. All this after many calls unanswered along with unanswered voicemails.

So, now that I am done with that... I am going to the Newspaper today to place an ad with my June/July specials. I can't continue to wast energy on those who are not serious about this right?
Now that I got that off my chest I feel much better! Thank you all who support me and are there to let me bend your ears!

I also am going to place an ad in the Wedding section of the local papers. I hope I get some good leads off that also.

Thanks again,
Schel
 

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
1,523
0
Schel...I know it might be hard right now and it's something that I have had to learn, relax, we are breathing in the good and blowing out the bad...

Don't waste your time on people who are lame, there is no need to get wrapped up about it...why should you care about them when they don't care about you? Let it roll off of your back, place your add and talk to everyone you can about PC...it will turn around. Keep giving the effort and you will see results, I promise...I know from experience.
 

cmdtrgd

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2006
4,950
0
Schel,

We love you! I know how frustrating that can be. Also, when my director told me to try to stop wasting so much time on people who were not "gung-ho" about their show, I was a bit miffed! I mean, she has 14 years of hosts to pull from. I didn't have anyone else to waste my time on!!! So, I just kept asking everyone I met - and I mean EVERYONE! I was surprised at how many people were interested in a show, and possibly in the business. When I'm host coaching I make sure to let the host know that I know she isn't interested (if that is what she has told me in the past), but that I would like to still talk about the opportunity to keep in practice. Most are totally fine about it. In fact, it gives them an opportunity to ask questions when there is no obligation. I have a host who would be fabulous at this - in my opinion - but keeps telling me it is not for her. That's fine. I keep telling her I'm trying to stay in practice and she asks questions. There is a lot about this business that people don't know...it really is one of the best direct selling businesses out there. She was surprised at some of the answers and asked me to bring her some recruiting info to her show on Saturday. Anyhoo, my point is that you keep going and going and going - become an Energizer PC Bunny! It will pan out for you in about 90 days from when you started. It is so amazing how it is like a switch you turned on. I tracked mine to 90 days! It was a bit Twilight Zoney.

Okay, I've talked enough.
 

jwpamp

Veteran Member
Jan 13, 2006
1,639
1
I agree. I have had a few hostesses that would not answer or return my phone calls. I use the 3 strikes and your out rule. If I leave 3 messages and hear NOTHING, I book another show for that day, then call them and leave one last message that says:

"Hi, it's Janice from the PC again! I haven't heard back from you and needed to make sure I am working on June ___, so I had to fill the date with another host. I am so sorry that this date didn't work for you, but would love to change the cooking show to a catalog show so you can still get lots of FREE products! Start passing around the catalogs I gave to you for your show right away so that we can get some new FREE PC products in your home ASAP! Call me at _____ when you have your first few orders together and I can send you some additional outside order forms!
Thanks again and have a great day!"

That sometimes works, but if not, I just move on.
 

AlowayFamily

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Apr 12, 2006
540
0
So August will be my 90 day month, does that mean it will come together for me? I don't have any shows booked in July or August, and I want to have at least 4 shows each month. I feel I am working the business pretty consistent and getting my name out there as much as possible. This will come back to me?
 

cmdtrgd

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2006
4,950
0
Nancy,

As long as you are making phone calls and in-person contacts, you should have a boom to your business in 90 days from when that started.
 

AlowayFamily

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Apr 12, 2006
540
0
Yipeee!! I need to contact more people and get my name out there more. I feel pretty good about who knows me so far, but I want to make sure. I purchased the mini catalogs and I am not using them very effectively yet. I need to pass them around more.

Any suggestions about where to drop the mini's or your business card?
 

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
1,523
0
Yes, Nancy, it will all come back to you. I have found that just asking is key, you never know who will say yes. If you are consistant in asking and getting your name out, you will start to see results. Sometimes it may take a little bit but, take me for example. I have been doing this for 2+ years and I moved my business right before my 1 year anniversary. When I moved I knew no one except my mother and she is not the friend having type (she had a show but, only 3 showed). I was really down in the dumps and didn't know what to do.

I realized that I wasn't doing what I should, I wasn't asking everyone. I started doing that in February (also when I found this site), by March I had 3 shows, April was 4 and May was 3 shows and now June I have 5. I know it doesn't sound like much but I was only doing 1 show every other month and I am more of a hobbyist with PC (it also took a while for me to come to grips with that). In May I ended up with my 10th $1000 show, I hadn't had one since I left Las Vegas over 18 months ago and my month ended up over $2000 and I hadn't done that for almost 2 years. I have already done $1500 more this year than I did all of last year, I might even beat my first year sales of $16000! I know my June will be better than May and July better than June. All of my hard work is starting to pay off, and I also found that you can't stop asking when things pick up. Ask, ask, ask and it will come back to you, it just may take longer depending on the area where you live. Just don't give up and stay positive.
 

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
1,523
0
AlowayFamily said:
Yipeee!! I need to contact more people and get my name out there more. I feel pretty good about who knows me so far, but I want to make sure. I purchased the mini catalogs and I am not using them very effectively yet. I need to pass them around more.

Any suggestions about where to drop the mini's or your business card?

Everywhere, I almost always leave a BC or catalog in the grocery cart when I am done with it at the grocery store!
 

AlowayFamily

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Apr 12, 2006
540
0
soonerchef said:
Everywhere, I almost always leave a BC or catalog in the grocery cart when I am done with it at the grocery store!

Andrea, what a great idea!! I will start doing that with my minis.
 

AlowayFamily

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Apr 12, 2006
540
0
Another question, kind of off topic. I submitted 2 shows last night that now make me a qualified consultant (YEAH!!!!) and I am wondering how long it will take to get the wedding registry active on my website, as well as the individual order option.

Anyone know how long it takes HO to process my qualification status and give me website updates? Do I have to ask HO to put the Wedding Registry and individual orders on my website? They have received my order when I checked Shipment Status.
 

cmdtrgd

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2006
4,950
0
You should be able to access it soon. I would look on your website to see if it is there...even call HO to see how/when it would be available.
 

cmackey

Member
May 8, 2006
52
0
I am so excited right now! My business has been floundering this year, I have had two shows, two catalog shows and two individual orders. I was on the PC website last night and looking two see how many panorama points I had (thinking that I wouldn't get anything) and I got an EXECUTIVE SMALL SAUTE PAN!!!!!! I know that it isn't much, but considering how down in the dumps I have been about my business, this really got me pumped. Just in the knick of time too, I have a vendor fair this Saturday! I am praying that this will get me some bookings for late June at Least - i have no June bookings as of yet and taking your ideas to use! Keep them coming!

Thanks,

Cheryl
 

cat

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jan 1, 2006
1,102
0
soonerchef said:
Everywhere, I almost always leave a BC or catalog in the grocery cart when I am done with it at the grocery store!

Just wondering if you've gotten any business that way...I guess it depends on your luck and who picks up the BC or catalog!
 

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
1,523
0
I have gotten one online order for $35, not much but it's the luck of the draw...you just never know.
 

AlowayFamily

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Apr 12, 2006
540
0
I don't think I will leave my regular catalog in the cart, just my mini's or business card. I went to Wal-Mart at lunch today and left a mini. And so it begins...
 

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
1,523
0
I keep a stash of old catalogs in my van, I give these to people who stop me in the parking lot (due to my stickers on my van) and don't want to give me their info. I refuse to give new catalogs to someone who is just going to toss it or not order anything. I don't leave new catalogs in the grocery carts.
 

Paige Dixon

Veteran Member
Aug 11, 2004
1,017
0
schel said:
:mad:
I've got to say, I am surprised at the way people can be immature and inconsiderate.
I had 2 potential hosts for June in which were not returning my calls, or E-mails. The one I finally called and said this would be the final call unless I heard back from her either way. She did have the curtisy to call me back only to say "I don't want a show right now, but maybe in September."
Grrrrr! Ok, sigh, deep breath and smiling now, I'll put her on my call list for end of July, beginning of August.

Lets move on to #2....
I also left the same message and know what she did? Called me back, and I said "hello".... "hello" and I knew she was there and she hung up on me. So, I thought maybe there is a bad connection so I call her back. Voicemail...
I am not going to waste my time on it. My mom said that maybe it's a good thing, because if she is going to act that way, maybe it would have not been such a success. All this after many calls unanswered along with unanswered voicemails.

So, now that I am done with that... I am going to the Newspaper today to place an ad with my June/July specials. I can't continue to wast energy on those who are not serious about this right?
Now that I got that off my chest I feel much better! Thank you all who support me and are there to let me bend your ears!

I also am going to place an ad in the Wedding section of the local papers. I hope I get some good leads off that also.

Thanks again,
Schel

We have too much to do to waste time on flakes. I only leave 3 messages, the third being upfront that that would be my last call and I'm assuming they aren't interested anymore. If I'm wrong to call me back. Then I'll send a final post card and throw their name away!
 

Paige Dixon

Veteran Member
Aug 11, 2004
1,017
0
jwpamp said:
I agree. I have had a few hostesses that would not answer or return my phone calls. I use the 3 strikes and your out rule. If I leave 3 messages and hear NOTHING, I book another show for that day, then call them and leave one last message that says:

"Hi, it's Janice from the PC again! I haven't heard back from you and needed to make sure I am working on June ___, so I had to fill the date with another host. I am so sorry that this date didn't work for you, but would love to change the cooking show to a catalog show so you can still get lots of FREE products! Start passing around the catalogs I gave to you for your show right away so that we can get some new FREE PC products in your home ASAP! Call me at _____ when you have your first few orders together and I can send you some additional outside order forms!
Thanks again and have a great day!"

That sometimes works, but if not, I just move on.

LOVE IT!! You're keeping it positive while holding your position!
LOVE IT!!
 

schel

Advanced Member
Apr 18, 2006
798
0
Thanks everyone for your support and words of wisdom. I am NOT calling her anymore and am moving on.

I did place my June/July specials ad and am going to go for a walk this weekend with the neighborhood flyers I found on this Web site, and deliver to my neighborhood in person.

On another note... I also placed an ad in the other local paper which has a special wedding directory and when I looked at the ad the first itme it looked ok, so I E-mailed the gal and said it looked good. Later I went to E-mail it to my directer and noticed the paper left out the "ed" on www.pamperedchef.biz/schel So I left like 3 messages since they were already closed. The deadline was today, I just hope they can fix it so I am not out $.
Say some prayers for me!
I'm doing the same!

Schel

WAVE 2
 
Last edited:

jennyl

Member
Feb 2, 2006
123
1
AlowayFamily said:
Anyone know how long it takes HO to process my qualification status and give me website updates? Do I have to ask HO to put the Wedding Registry and individual orders on my website? They have received my order when I checked Shipment Status.

For me, it just took about a day or so for the wedding registry and website ordering to be available. It happened automatically that they were added. I saw your message was posted yesterday so hopefully today you'll see those options pop up on your website!
 
Top