• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effortless Cooking: Stoneware Recipes Without Flipping | Even Heat Distribution

If you find your bar pan is getting too brown on the top, then perhaps it's too close to the top of the oven. At least that's the case with my oven. We have an electric oven with an element at the top and another element on the bottom, so if I have my bar pan too high, the tops get too brown and the bottoms don't cook. When I place the pan closer to the bottom, both top and bottom come out the same shade of golden brown and delicious!
sivlepa
NO FLIPPING REQUIRED ON STONEWARE.
That's what I share with my guests. However, I have found that the tops of my grilled cheese, fish etc. are browner than the bottoms.
I thought that wasn't to happen.
I thought that the heat distributes EVENLY for even cooking and baking.
Is that supposed to be the case? How do your "non-flip" meals turn out?
(like pancakes, bacon, etc.)

I have not done the pancakes but...I do bacon all the time. I have not done the pancake for just that reason. Bacon works without flipping simply because it is right on the bar pan. Pancakes might work but then again, part of the cake is sticking up in the air so there is no surface contact. I would assume, just like a regualr cake, you would get a darker bottom than top.
Same with sandwiches.
I'ld be curious to hear about these things.

This might sound dumb, but why would you cook pancakes or grilled cheese on stoneware? Isn't stoneware mostly for baking things?

I had a show where most of the guests were moms. I knew they were bringing their kids. The host put a tarp on the kitchen floor and we baked a pancake in the bar pan with the parchment paper. The parchment paper lifted right out of the bar pan with the pancake on top. We put that on the tarp along with sprinkles and the creative cutters set. The kids were mesmerized and stayed there making little pancakes and decorating them! It was so easy and I didn't have to worry about a kid accidentally breaking or walking off with one of my products!

I have made the pancakes on the bar pan and I didn't have any problem with the bottom being darker than the top. They are also a lot fluffier than doing them on the stove.

If your foods are getting too brown on the top, then perhaps they're too close to the top of the oven. At least that's the case with my oven. We have an electric oven with an element at the top and another element on the bottom, so if I have my bar pan too high, the tops get too brown and the bottoms don't cook. When I place the pan closer to the bottom, both top and bottom come out the same shade of golden brown and delicious!

This might sound dumb, but why would you cook pancakes or grilled cheese on stoneware? Isn't stoneware mostly for baking things?
So that you can make it a walk-away procedure! It's great to stick these kinds of things into the oven on the Bar Pan, walk away, and come back when it's ready to eat. :D

pancakes on stonewareI made pancakes on my bar pan the other day. The tops never turned brown, but they were cooked all the way through. It was kind of difficult getting them off. I just did it this way because the griddle I have is just in terrible shape (NOT PC).

gabriwill said:
I made pancakes on my bar pan the other day. The tops never turned brown, but they were cooked all the way through. It was kind of difficult getting them off. I just did it this way because the griddle I have is just in terrible shape (NOT PC).

If you line the pan with parchment before pouring in the batter it will come right out!:)

I love this idea! I did no tknow the stones could do this!! What temp do you put the oven on to make the grilled cheese? With my DH, 4 kids and 2 I babysit I have to make a load of grilled cheese when having them. This would really cut down on the time involved!! Thanks for all of the great ideas nad keep them comming!!

I put my oven on 350 for grilled cheese, but I have the opposite problem. The bottoms of mine are browner than the tops! Everything is done and still tastes the same, but it just looks different.

Thanks!! One more question LOL. Do you still butter both pieces of bread when you make the grilled cheese in the oven?

Yep, I sure do!

Thanks for the info Donna!! I am going to try it tonight!!

I do Pancakes and bacon on my stones all the time..I do my bacon on the large bar pan and my pancakes either in the rect. baker or med bar pan. I always use the kitchen spritzer to spray the pan used for the pancakes before pouring in batter. They pop right out. I leave mine in till they are slightly golden on top.
Alot of times I have my bacon and pancake in at the same time. If you find your bar pan is hard to clean up from all the bacon grease a paste of baking soda and water will do the trick! I keep an extra sugar shaker full of Baking soda under my sink at all times! Works great on any sticky residue on glazed pieces as well.

Last edited:
I love the pancakes in the oven! They are so much better than on the stove. I use the spritzer and then cut with the kids cookie cutters or my pizza cutter.

My son loves them this way and he gets them more often now that it is a walk-a-way procedure!

What is "No Flipping Required!!"?

"No Flipping Required!!" is a Pampered Chef product that allows you to cook foods without having to flip them over in the pan. It is a non-stick, double-sided cooking mat that evenly distributes heat for perfectly cooked meals.

What types of foods can I cook with "No Flipping Required!!"?

You can cook a variety of foods with "No Flipping Required!!" such as meats, vegetables, fish, and even delicate items like eggs and pancakes. The mat is designed to work on any type of stovetop, including gas, electric, and induction.

Is "No Flipping Required!!" dishwasher safe?

Yes, "No Flipping Required!!" is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing to prolong the life of the mat.

How do I use "No Flipping Required!!"?

Simply place the mat on your stovetop and preheat it on medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Then, place your food on the mat and let it cook for the recommended time. It is important to not use any utensils on the mat to avoid damaging the non-stick surface.

Can I use "No Flipping Required!!" in the oven?

Yes, "No Flipping Required!!" can be used in the oven up to 500°F. Simply place the mat on a baking sheet and follow the same instructions as stovetop cooking. Make sure to not use any sharp utensils on the mat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• munkee41182
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies