• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No-Cooking Show: Demo & Discussion

In summary, the conversation is discussing ideas for a "no cooking" show. The host suggests making instant salsa and appetizers using salad choppers and sauce, as well as a no-bake dessert like a trifle. Others also suggest doing a no-demo show where the recipe is already cooked and discussing products while guests eat, or having a few products available for demonstration. One member shares her successful experience with no-cook shows and provides a link to her outline and tips. Overall, the conversation is focused on alternative methods for hosting a successful show without actually cooking.
ChefDebi
Anyone tried doing a "no cooking" show? I have a host who wants just a demo. Short & sweet.

Start with "instant salsa" - (you can pre-make the chips with tortillas you drizzle with lime juice and grind salt on to - baking stone for about 8 minutes at 350.) cherry tomatoes, garlic, cilantro, opt. lime zest or lime, onion. Use the SALAD CHOPPERS in a PINCH BOWL or SMALL BATTER BOWL.

Offer an appetizer of a softened brick of cream cheese, with either GINGER WASABI or SPICY PINEAPPLE RUM sauce and crakers.

Do the Fresh Pineapple Torte - or maybe a no-bake Cherry or Berry Cheesecake (Look back to the Easy as Pie cooking show about 4 years back).

Or just do what Tom Marsten used to do -- come with the recipe already cooked. The host just has to portion and serve it up. One of his favorites (home cooking staple in Pennsylvania) was pineapple upside down cake.

Whenever I have a host that wants a short and sweet, no baking show I just do a trifle. You can make one of the numerous chocolate ones and have the cake/brownie already done on the large bar pan so you can discuss it while cutting it up for the trifle. It's very quick and easy.

Fluffy215 said:
Whenever I have a host that wants a short and sweet, no baking show I just do a trifle. You can make one of the numerous chocolate ones and have the cake/brownie already done on the large bar pan so you can discuss it while cutting it up for the trifle. It's very quick and easy.

Ditto! But, I'm loving Scott's ideas too! My director has been doing the cream cheese and sauce things and setting up a bread and oil dipping platter with the new oil dipping seasonings with HUGE success!

Hey Debi! I know a gal who does only 'no cooking shows'. She's a consistent TPC and Level 3 achiever, so go for it. You can put out seasonings with bread (as already suggested) and make the Cappacuinno (sp?) Mousse Trifle (you know, the one we went so crazy about!).

I agree with Scott & Jane...maybe bring a few "try me" veggies for various products (knives, madoline, etc)...chances are they are quite familiar with PC so really want to see the new stuff.

One of my clustermates used to do a no-demo show all the time. She'd take a recipe already done, serve it, and then talk about the tools while people were eating (which kept them from interrupting her too badly). She loved it because she could to the recipe at home (usually a layered salad in the trifle bowl or a trifle) when she had time, and she'd do the same recipe all month to save on ingredients. She'd have hosts reimburse her for the ingredients. It also cut down on her time at the show - less dishes to wash.

Rae does a GREAT no cooking show...it's in the files here somewhere....if I can find it I'll try to lead you to it.....

I do a lot of my shows with no demo. I premake the recipe at the host's house and then just talk about the products. Or any of the no cook desserts are good and quick.

I do better with No-Cook Shows than regular Cooking Shows. Plus my Sales are generally $1,000 per show with no-cook.

stefani2 said:
I do better with No-Cook Shows than regular Cooking Shows. Plus my Sales are generally $1,000 per show with no-cook.

What exactly do you do instead of cooking? Do you have an outline?

I just bring a few extra products to show people IF they want. I ALWAYS show and pass around the 'big 4' - plus a few other favorites (of mine or my Top 5 Sell). Sometimes I play a game. If I do a recipe that I made ahead of time - it is usually a Chocolate Trifle (because everyone LOVES chocolate). People comment all the time that they love being able to see and try the products themselves.

As far as an Outline - I make one out to re-educate myself every once in a while - but overall I don't decide what I am going to do at a Show until I get there and 'get a feel' for the group, KWIM?

raebates said:
Since it's been mentioned, here's a link to the thread where I share my outline and answer the most common questions.

http://www.chefsuccess.com/f12/questions-rae-about-your-show-16925/?highlight=Questions+for+Rae

I still do the occasional traditional cooking show, but most of my hosts and guests enjoy my walk through the catalog.

Hi, Rae,
I've been reading about your no-cooking shows in the other thread. I was wondering if you've incorporated the booking slide in your walk-through-the-catalog shows?
Thanks!

my first show was a no cooking show, literally no cooking and all i did was stand up, talk about each piece that i had and pass them around, lol. i still made some sales but if you can bring something simple to show it will be good as well =-D

caraighan said:
Hi, Rae,
I've been reading about your no-cooking shows in the other thread. I was wondering if you've incorporated the booking slide in your walk-through-the-catalog shows?
Thanks!

Yep. I've added it right at the end, just before I have them fill out their surveys. I say something along the lines of:

Now, before we end, I want to remind you that there are lots of reasons to host a PC party with me.

That's when I flip open the slide. I get lots of reaction.

1. Can I still earn host rewards if I host a No-Cooking Show?

Yes, you can earn host rewards by hosting a No-Cooking Show! As long as your guests make purchases using your unique host code, you will earn rewards based on the total sales from your show.

2. Do I need to have any cooking experience to host a No-Cooking Show?

No, you do not need any cooking experience to host a No-Cooking Show. Our consultants will guide you through the demonstration and provide all the necessary information and tips for using our products.

3. What types of products are featured in a No-Cooking Show?

A No-Cooking Show features our non-cooking products, such as kitchen tools, cookware, and food storage containers. These products are designed to make meal prep and cooking easier and more enjoyable.

4. Can I still sample products during a No-Cooking Show?

Yes, you can still sample products during a No-Cooking Show! Our consultants will provide you and your guests with samples of our food products, such as dips, sauces, and seasonings.

5. How long does a No-Cooking Show typically last?

A No-Cooking Show typically lasts about 2 hours, including the demonstration and time for guests to make purchases. However, the length of the show can vary depending on the number of guests and their level of engagement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pmprdprettyinsnj
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
LBotzler
  • cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
GinaG623
  • Dina Atnip