• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Canceling Conference Registration: A Tough Family Decision

S
sfdavis918
I had to make a hard decision and cancel my registration for conference. We have had some things come up that are going to make it impossible for us to afford it. It's a bummer, but I have to do what's right for our family.

Have fun guys, and have a drink for me when you all meet up!

I am with you Sarah. I decided not to go since my Dad is so sick and I just need to be here for my parents. We would have been in Chi-town in the same wave!

We'll miss both of you! But, you have to do what's right for your family. That is afterall, why most of us do this type of business---so we can be there when we need to be.

I had to make the same choice...spending time with DH on vacation is more precious right now since he will face a deployment overseas by the end of this year for one year.

I felt better after making the decision...

I'm in the boat with you:(! I just can't afford it this year either! I really love it as my yearly get away too! It's going to be hard!

I made my Director swear she would call me after every general session so I could get the news....I did that for her for Leadership this year...actually I would text her during the sessions and when I got home to my cell phone bill...I realized I don't have unlimited texting:eek:

I had to make the same decision as well. I thought we would be able to save money by driving, but with the cost of gas just rising and rising, this is no longer the case. Plus, my recruiter had to cancel because of her own personal issues. So, maybe next year. Hopefully for all of us!

I'm wave 1, but I did the same thing as well. :( Next year, ladies, next year! :D

crystalscookingnow said:
I'm wave 1, but I did the same thing as well. :( Next year, ladies, next year! :D

Same here!!:(

jbachen said:
I had to make the same decision as well. I thought we would be able to save money by driving, but with the cost of gas just rising and rising, this is no longer the case. Plus, my recruiter had to cancel because of her own personal issues. So, maybe next year. Hopefully for all of us!
The high price of gas is making flying EXTRA expensive too. If four of my consultants weren't excited about going I would opt to save that money too.

I was looking forward to meeting you at Robin's dinner though. Maybe someday!

I have actually been going back and forth with going or not. But I know I won't be going to Leadership or National next year, so I think I'm going.... now I just need to register and book my flight.

I know things are really tough right now, You have to do what is right for your family!!!
BUT if anyone is on the fence, doesn't want to go because so and so is not going... especially you new consultants, SHOULD go... if anyway possible!!!
It's so worth it.
jbachen, I was wondering if you were still going to drive. Meg Coley is driving.
She is making a vacation out of it. I got a flight out of Phila for $223.

pclinskie said:
I know things are really tough right now, You have to do what is right for your family!!!
BUT if anyone is on the fence, doesn't want to go because so and so is not going... especially you new consultants, SHOULD go... if anyway possible!!!
It's so worth it.
jbachen, I was wondering if you were still going to drive. Meg Coley is driving.
She is making a vacation out of it. I got a flight out of Phila for $223.

Wow, $223 is not bad! I bet no more of those are available! At this point, the economical thing would probably have been to book a flight a long time ago, before all the gas prices kept climbing!

I really did want to go, and truly believe it would help my business. I just need my business to be able to support the expense of going. What are the chances you or Meg could pick me up a surprise box? :)

Actually when I looked at airfare a couple of days ago I was surprised at how reasonable they were. I can get there for just under $400, from California. I have paid at least that much in years past... sometimes less, but right around there.

I can fly out of Philly for 263 including all taxes, so thats not too bad. I am still really on the fence about going though. Money being the biggest issue.

When is the last day for cancellations? Do we get a refund if we cancell?? I am on the fence..........

June 15 is the last day to cancel & receive a full refund

Thanks you guys. I am feeling good about my decision, life will not be so stressful now. The plan is to still go next year. Of course that all depends on where we are with our debt (should be paid off by the end of this year) and buying a house.

ShanaSmith said:
Actually when I looked at airfare a couple of days ago I was surprised at how reasonable they were. I can get there for just under $400, from California. I have paid at least that much in years past... sometimes less, but right around there.

What airline is this with?

I'm right there too!! I was so excited about going. But some things have gone on this last week where I think I should stay with my fam. And, as much as I know it would help my business I can't help but think at this point in my life at least, how I could spend all that money and go on a wonderful vacation for a week. Maybe I'll see all of you next year!

In the past two days, I've had to put out over $1,000 in vet bills for a 4 year old cat. This has made it impossible for me to attend NC this year, so I too had to submit my registration cancellation in order to receive my money back.Those of you still able to attend, have a great time!!!

I had made the decision NOT to go for a few reasons:

-DH is not ready for me to be away (he doesn't want to be alone with the kids for 4 days by himself - kids at 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 years old)

-My parents are no longer able to watch the kids due to their vacation time

-Have not saved for it (I spent my 'conference money' once I decided NOT to go)

-I have 3 HUGE personal issues to get over/deal with if I go AND I am NOT ready to deal with all 3 at once)

-My D has been MIA on me SO much lately - she is the one I know the best out of everyone going - and she is a TOTAL party girl when we go (which I am COMPLETELY NOT)

So THIS MORNING, my upline phoned me and said 'you NEED to find someone to watch your kids!!!....' :cry: She was very encouraging - but I had FINALLY made a decision NOT to go just last week! :cry: :cry: :cry:

so when is the final day to register online for conference and not register on site???

June 15. It's on the calendar at the back of the June CN.

I too had to decide not to go. I went last year and DH came with. We both had such a wonderful time. In fact, we extended the trip by a day or so to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Conference is always within a week or so of it. Ugh....

But this year, my business has gone down hill, so I don't have any funds set aside (we relocated and had some hard times with losing 3 close family and friends). And with the relocation, I had to leave work and still am in the job search. I really hate not goign because this year we were going to go again and looked forward to seeing everyone. Well, have fun Jacob's team! This just gives me reason to get things cookin' again and save up for next year! :)

1. Why did you have to cancel your conference registration?

Unfortunately, some unexpected circumstances have arisen that make it impossible for us to afford the conference at this time. While it is disappointing, I have to prioritize my family's financial stability.

2. What are the things that came up that caused you to cancel?

I would prefer not to disclose the specific details, but they are personal and family-related matters that require our immediate attention and financial resources.

3. Could you not have found a way to attend the conference despite the financial strain?

I did consider all options, but ultimately, the cost of attending the conference was simply not feasible for our family's current situation. I have to make responsible decisions for the well-being of my loved ones.

4. Will you be able to attend future conferences?

It is my hope that we will be able to attend future conferences once our financial situation improves. I am disappointed to miss out on this opportunity, but family always comes first.

5. How can we make the conference enjoyable for you even if you can't attend?

I appreciate the thought and offer to make the conference enjoyable for me. I would suggest sharing your experiences and takeaways from the conference with me, so I can still learn from the event. And of course, have a drink for me during the meetup!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• frozenchef
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
frozenchef
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Cr8vKitchen
  • hmolah