1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: No computer

1. Darcy Sharpe

Darcy Sharpe Novice Member Gold Member

I am meeting with a women who is interested in selling, however she dislikes the computer. Any suggestion I can give her on how to run her business. She has sold for another company in the past and sent everything by mail. Does anyone have someone on their team who do not use the computer? Any and all help would be wonderful.
    Thanks in advance.

Last edited: May 24, 2009
    May 24, 2009
  2. pjpamchef

pjpamchef Member Silver Member

my only advise is this will not be a long term consultant, know that going in. I had a gal w/o a computer and it was a hassle! Would I do it again, I suppose, knowing it was worth 2,000 points for Disney, but I wouldn't have expectations of much more than that.

May 24, 2009
  3. Jewel

Jewel Member Gold Member

i have a gal that doesn't have one and she lives 2 hrs from me. i set her up as a 2nd user in P3 and she calls me with her show info. its a little more work for me but it work out ok. she goes to the library and checks her email etc. she is planning on buying a computer tho. wish i could give more advice.

May 24, 2009
  4. mscharf

mscharf Advanced Member

I first recruit did not have a computer when she started. That was her first goal, to make enough to buy one. She did that in one month! She did everything by hand and mailed it in, not a huge deal, especially if it is someone that doesn't like using a computer!

May 24, 2009
  5. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Same as jewel. I have a recruit who does not have internet access. She comes over once a week for the online training. I download the audio workshops for her to listen at home. I have her checking her schedule to sign up for the teleclasses. When it's time for a show, she calls me and I submit the show for her. She checks her email here too, and does the library thing as well.

She submitted 2 shows within 2 weeks of signing. She is grateful to have access at my home, and that I do not dissuade her from reaching for the stars despite the computer issue. She has set a goal of using her commissions, after the kit cost is paid, to get herself a laptop.

I would just explain to your new recruit that it can be done, and that the pc makes it easier. Since she already has previous DS experience, the "hassle" of submitting info to HO will seem like the norm. I myself would have her over to see you input the shows. When she sees how much easier it is with P3, she'll probably want a pc of her own.

If your schedule and hers do not mesh, you can just have her sign up for the teleclasses for training. Also, download any trainings you feel would benefit her. Lastly, if she can not access a PC for the online training, I would suggest you print the transcripts for her so she can read them on her own.

More work for you, but the benefits of helping someone succeed not only feels good, but will essentially be a benefit to you and your growing team. Who knows how far she can go with a little added support. Also, once you've downloaded and burned the workshops, printed the transcripts, etc....you'll already have it ready for the next recruit.

Just my nickel and dime~

6. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

PC was around long before there were computers- so yes, there's no reason she can't. Just has to allow a bit more time (like can't submit shows at the 11th hour and get credit for a particular month, etc).

May 24, 2009
  7. PCJenni

PCJenni Veteran Member

the phone can be her best friend! I have so many who rely too much on the computer and are afraid of the phone. Their businesses stall because they won't pick up the phone.

May 24, 2009
  8. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

Laurie, what great advice! You are an awesome, generous gal! I wish I was YOUR recruit too! :)

May 24, 2009
  9. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Jodi, as great as that would be, I think it would be a little more difficult for you to go to Laurie's once a week!!:p:love:

May 24, 2009
  10. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

Just think of the frequent flyer miles:eek: LOL

11. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

LOL Sarah :D

May 24, 2009
  12. Jolie_Paradoxe

Awww...thanks Jodi. I'd drive ya nutty if you were my recruit! lol

13. Jolie_Paradoxe

So true! Ha Ha....we'd find a way, right Jodi? Canada is gorgeous this time around....think my hubby would understand weekly tm mtgs there? = )

14. Jolie_Paradoxe

Crystal.....

I'd so use those miles to get around the globe! How fab would it be? Find a recruit, travel to train said recruit, rest up with a trip courtesy of FF Miles! I see an idea coming up! Hmmmm.....Just call us Team Global:D

15. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

Ooooh - I LIKE it!!!:sing:

16. Darcy Sharpe

Darcy Sharpe Novice Member Gold Member

Thank you everyone for your input. There are some very good suggestions. I meet with her today and have more options to give her. :)

May 25, 2009
Have something to add?