• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No Buying Needed: Generating Bookings with a Free Gift Party

In summary, Jennifer is trying to generate more bookings by doing a No Buying Show, but she is not getting results just asking friends and family. She is also trying to promote the bookings by hosting monthly open houses and by demoing her tools.
JennyJennJen
Gold Member
So, I am not getting results just asking friends and family to have a party or to come to my Open Houses, and I NEED more bookings.

I decided to give this No Buying Show a try. I modified an invitation I found here, just don't remember from who, and am going to mail and hand them out as well as do evites and FB invites.

I am doing a free gift (old season's best) for everyone who comes; a citrus peeler for everyone who RSVPs by a certain date; a mini whipper or quikut knife for anyone who brings a friend (these are all items I already have that I was trying to sell at vendor events or giveaways at parties. Then for anyone who books I am going to give them a real products (that cost me under $25). I saw an idea in another post about having different levels of gifts...for example a stone for anyone who books on my bonus days (in the next week or two), and maybe a batter bowl or something else similar for anyone who books that next month, and maybe a rub for anyone who books later - I will not give gifts away until their party.

Ok, so now I am just wondering what you, if you have done one or are planning to do one, will be doing at your party. This is not a team thing, it is just something I am doing to generate more bookings.

I am thinking I will have a couple appetizers and desserts from this SB and the Spring SB. Then was thinking of demoing a dinner in a dash recipe or something to give the feel of what a cooking party would look like???

Just trying to think of how to promote the bookings/recruiting with my own friends...Should I have big signs with a few different themes? I will have the Spring Product I earned on a Preview Table with Pictures of everything else I don't have.

Ok, I know I talk a lot, just trying to work through some ideas.

I sure hope people come b/c they get free stuff and I they are not expected to buy anything...I usually only get 2-4 people at any show I have.

Jennifer, sounds killer to do all that prep, why not keep it simple with demo of tools, have everyone use, make california wraps, asian wraps, make a bruchette (food processor) toast bagette slices (bar pan) if you have the equipment. Then use the DCB to make cake and serve with ice cream (scoops). By demoing the tools you lead to the higher end without so much work - I find if you get everyone using the tools it grows.

Yes- I'd keep the prep and recipes very simple and the cost down. Also make sure they RSVP. I had an Xmas open house 15 years ago and only 2 people came. Now if I don't have enough RSVPs-it's cancelled.

Deb, I just had an ah-ha, never thought of cancelling due to lack of rsvp - gonna try that one. I would imagine those who really want to come will call you do be sure its on - hmmm

Ladies, you are right, I always overdo it with the prep for my own shows...I always tell my hosts to keep it simple :) I should give that a try.

Jennifer, I too should practice what I preach, keep trying to cut back on what I prepare and what I carry but I honestly am too excited about the products and recipes for my own good - my partial solution is hosting monthly open house and my dining room is a show place for PC - like coming to a store - others on my team chuckle at it.

JennyJennJen said:
So, I am not getting results just asking friends and family to have a party or to come to my Open Houses, and I NEED more bookings.

I decided to give this No Buying Show a try.

I remember seeing this "No Buying" show before on here. I also tried it, and I did a lot of work & nobody bought anything. And you're giving away free stuff, too?

Just can't recommend this idea. You're in the business to sell, right?

I would recommend that gifts for booking be given at the booked party. Earn it at your open house get it at the party you hold. Then you can order it from host order at discount and you aren't giving prizes away for parties that don't happen

Junes Open Kitchen said:
Jennifer, I too should practice what I preach, keep trying to cut back on what I prepare and what I carry but I honestly am too excited about the products and recipes for my own good - my partial solution is hosting monthly open house and my dining room is a show place for PC - like coming to a store - others on my team chuckle at it.

Have you been doing this, how has it been working for you?

ShellBeach said:
I remember seeing this "No Buying" show before on here. I also tried it, and I did a lot of work & nobody bought anything. And you're giving away free stuff, too?

Just can't recommend this idea. You're in the business to sell, right?

When I do have my own parties with the intention to sell, I don't get anyone here, and therefore get no new shows on the calendar.

My goal fro this is to get bookings from people who don't want to come to my party b/c they don't want to spend money especially if they are not familiar with PC. The gifts everyone are getting are super small and cheap, the actual gifts will be for people who have parties, which in turn will have me sell.

clgismondi said:
I would recommend that gifts for booking be given at the booked party. Earn it at your open house get it at the party you hold. Then you can order it from host order at discount and you aren't giving prizes away for parties that don't happen

I will definitely only give them at their parties...these are people I know and don't want the opportunity to create bad blood for them taking home a gift and cancelling a party...and this will help them keep there date hopefully.

I have a number of products I purchased for cash and carry that I plan to use as their gifts, so that way they can see and touch and really want it :)

JennyJennJen said:
When I do have my own parties with the intention to sell, I don't get anyone here, and therefore get no new shows on the calendar.

My goal fro this is to get bookings from people who don't want to come to my party b/c they don't want to spend money especially if they are not familiar with PC. The gifts everyone are getting are super small and cheap, the actual gifts will be for people who have parties, which in turn will have me sell.

If people don't want to come to your party because they don't want to spend money, what makes you think they will book a party? No matter what anyone says here, it takes some money to have a party. Just cleaning the house takes money (plus precious time).

JennyJennJen said:
So, I am not getting results just asking friends and family to have a party

This is the root issue. You need to get out of your family/friend circle. They are tapped out.

You need to connect with people who love cooking as much as you do, and that means talking to strangers about your business:chef:

I've only done ONE open house (shame on me, right?) and I encouraged RSVPs by offering tickets! Can't remember exactly now, but I think it was 1 ticket for coming, 2 more if you gave me a YES RSVP by _____ date, 1 more if you brought a friend. Mine was a buy show, so they also got tickets for every $20 or $25 in orders (can't remember now). But I agree with not doing too much in advance. I decided to make a few recipes for my crowd and it was VERY time consuming. My only saving grace was one of the super nice recruits in my downline came & basically ended up being my caterer for the event. I felt awful for making her work so much, but she assured me just being there & watching was a learning experience & worth it.LOVE the idea of basically making it a fully interactive cooking show & just not taking orders at the end!!! Great idea!

Ok- so has anyone held a successful " No Buying Show?"

DebPC said:
Ok- so has anyone held a successful " No Buying Show?"

I will let you know next week. Mine is on Tuesday and have 2 yesses so far, and invites just arrived yesterday.

That's great Jennifer! Good Luck to You!

SO I had my party last night. I am glad I kept it simple. I made the Cherry Cordial Cups in advanced, made up a sour cream-mayo mix for people to put in little cups to try out our rubs, and potato chips in advanced. At the show I had them do the cucumber lime demo (they all fell in love with the MFP and Knives). I had my free for all products out as well as a few of my favorites and I had gifts with dates on them for hosting.

I had 6 friends there and one brought a friend. Of the 7, 1 placed a March order, 1 picked a date for March 22nd, 2 had to leave early to their babies (1 said she was going to talk to her hubby about hosting next week, the other in March), 1 asked me to email her a couple dates in March to find out which worked best for her co-workers, 1 will host, but probably in April and the last probably won't host, but I definitely planted a big seed for her, so hopefully as she goes to one of the other girls parties she will have one of her own.

I think it was a big success :) We had fun, I didn't spend a lot of money and I have 5 shows coming out of it in the next couple months. That with a few mom 2 mom sales coming up, and hopefully getting ahold of my potential hosts, I hopefully will start getting a full calendar! I really want to be successful this year in my business.

i am looking for a flyer/ invite like this can you help??

1. How does a free gift party generate bookings?

A free gift party is a great way to attract potential customers and get them interested in hosting their own party. By offering a free gift to attendees, they are more likely to attend and experience the products firsthand. This can lead to bookings as they see the value in hosting their own party to receive free products and discounts.

2. What type of free gifts should I offer at my party?

The free gift should be a product that is popular and desirable, but also affordable for the host. This could include a kitchen gadget, cookbook, or even a gift card. It's important to choose a free gift that will entice guests to attend and also showcase the quality and variety of our products.

3. Do I have to purchase the free gift myself?

No, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you can use your product credit or host rewards to purchase the free gift. You can also work with your host to split the cost or have them cover the cost entirely. It's important to discuss this with your host before the party to avoid any confusion or unexpected expenses.

4. Can I offer multiple free gifts at my party?

Yes, you can offer multiple free gifts at your party, but it's important to keep in mind the cost and value of each gift. You don't want to offer too many free gifts that may become costly for you or your host. It's best to stick to one or two high-value gifts that will attract and motivate guests to book their own party.

5. How can I promote the free gift and attract more guests to my party?

There are several ways to promote your free gift party and attract more guests. You can create a social media event and invite friends and family, send out invitations through email or mail, and even offer a referral program where guests can bring a friend and receive an extra entry for the free gift drawing. Additionally, promoting the free gift on your personal social media pages and through word of mouth can also help generate more interest and attendance at your party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sperts
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • SusanBP0129
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
SusanBP0129
  • Sarah Mitson