• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which is Better for Spring/Summer Open House: No Buy or Mystery Hostess Party?

In summary, the author did a Mystery Host show and it went well. She will try it again for a fall preview and then go back to a No Buy next spring.
lindsaym
Gold Member
Hi, I'm looking to do an open house for the spring/summer products & trying to decide if a No Buy or a Mystery Hostess party would be better. Has anyone done both?
Thanks!

I haven't done a Mystery Host, but doing a No Buy tonight, I will let you know how that will go. As of now I have 6 church friends who are coming, 1 who did a party for me a couple year ago, 2 that came to my preview last year and 3 newbies for me.

How did it go?

It went well. I had my 6 friends and one brought a friend. Of the 6, 1 placed a March order, 1 picked a date for March, 2 had to leave early to nurse their babies (1 said she was going to talk to her hubby about hosting next week, the other in March), 1 asked me to email her a couple dates in March to find out which worked best for her co-workers, 1 will host, but probably in April and the last probably wont host, but I definitely planted a big seed for her, so hopefully as she goes to one of the other girls parties she will have one of her own.

So, I think it was a success. I just need to follow up with the others tonight and tomorrow to get them officially on the calendar.

what did you do at your party?

I had the cherry cordial cups made up along with potato chips and mayo-sour cream mix for people to try making their own dip with my rubs. the I had them read and demo the cucumber lime dip.

I had the some new and favorite products out on my table, My invitation said everyone would get a gift for: coming, RSVPing by the 16th, bringing a friend, booking a party. I gave a citrus peeler or scraper for coming, SB for RSVping, paring knife or islice for bringing a friend and the booking I had a couple stones with next weeks open dates on them, and other products I had in my basement with dates on them as well...they will get those once they have their party.

We basically just talked for a few and dove right into the recipe, I talked about the products as they did the demo. Then I went a little into hosting when I passed out the other gifts, and passed around the new product guides and catalogs. Had them do wish lists on the back of drawing slips, and just ate, drank and talked. Before everyone left I asked them individually about hosting a party. I will ask about the business as we host coach.

Great thanks for the idea! I'm still trying to decide between a no buy or mystery hostess.

Have you done other shows where you are the host and consultant? If so how did that go? If it went well, do the mystery so you can get the sales. If no, then try the no buy.

If you haven't done any yet, I would try the mystery host. I haven't been having much luck getting people in my door for my buying parties, so I thought I would give this a try. I may try mystery host for a fall preview, and then no buy again next spring.

I do a Mystery Host show every October. I usually have 25-30 people. I give extra chances to win the host benefits when they bring buying guests, order over $60, and/or bring in outside orders.

What is the difference between a "No Buy" party and a "Mystery Hostess" party?

A "No Buy" party is when the hostess does not invite any guests to purchase products, but instead earns free and discounted products based on the total sales of the party. A "Mystery Hostess" party is when the hostess invites guests to purchase products, but also has the opportunity to earn free and discounted products through a drawing or game.

How do I become a "Mystery Hostess" for a party?

To become a "Mystery Hostess", you must attend a party and make a purchase. Your name will then be entered into a drawing or game where the hostess will randomly select a winner to receive the hostess benefits.

Can I still earn hostess benefits if I host a "No Buy" party?

Yes, you can still earn hostess benefits with a "No Buy" party. The hostess benefits are based on the total sales of the party, so if your guests purchase products, you will still earn free and discounted products.

What are the benefits of hosting a "Mystery Hostess" party?

The benefits of hosting a "Mystery Hostess" party include the opportunity to earn free and discounted products through the drawing or game, as well as the ability to share the Pampered chef products with your friends and family.

Are there any requirements for hosting a "No Buy" or "Mystery Hostess" party?

There are no specific requirements for hosting a "No Buy" or "Mystery Hostess" party. However, it is recommended that the hostess invites at least 10 guests to ensure a successful party with a good amount of sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef_2_Four
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Princess