• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Party Bookings: Seeking Advice without Being Tacky

In summary, if the new hostess changes the date of her show after the original show closed, the original host can not get the benefit.
Happy Mom
One of my friends had a party that was booked from my June party. She got no bookings at her party. Would it be incorrect of me to call another friend who attended to the party and ask if she would book a future party to benefit the host? I do not want to be tacky.

I don't think that is tacky at all I think it is a really good idea. I would put it just like to you said.. to benifit the host.

Approach it as a consultant. "Thanks for attending Jane's show on Sunday. Did you have a great time? Did you know that Jane will receive over $95 in free and half price items? Yes, just for having wonderful friends like you over and letting me feed you! We have a special in September where hosts can get a stone at 60% off and additional stones as much as 50% off. I know Jane is hoping to pick up the deep dish baker in September. Are there any stones you're hoping to get, or any additional products? I would love to do a show for you.

If she says no to a kitchen show. "Well, do you mind if I explain a catalog show to you? You and Jane will still get the same great benefits just by you passing a couple of catalogs around and letting friends, family, and co-workers order. Would that interest you?"

If still no. Thank her for her time and ask if she knows anyone else that might be willing to help Jane earn her stoneware by having a kitchen or catalog show.

Just remember that any bookings you may end up getting need to be submitted with the show in order for your host to get the benefit.

Question....Your post brings up something that I've always wondered about. With the new host benefit program, what happens if we've closed a show and get a call a few days (or weeks, etc.) from someone who attended the show who wants to hold one? If we'd submitted the show, I wouldn't want the host to lose out because the person didn't sign at the show or before it closed. Anyone have any ideas or been through this yet?

If they book a show AFTER the original show closes, the original host can not get the benefit. When guests are wavering at shows, I let them know that we can pencil in a date. That way their friend can take advantage of the host benefit when they have the show. If they don't set a date, their friend will not be able to take advantage of this awesome deal. They set a date.

Can they change the date?I was curious can the new hostess change the date we submit for the original show as long as it stays within the original month the new hostess said she would have the show in? I thought if not even if she does change her show date and it stays within the month I would just leave the PP info as the original but do the actual show on the date the hostess wants. Has anyone ever had this come up yet? What happens if they want to change months? I assumed you could not does anyone know?

Thanks,
Michelle

Date changeIf your host changes the date of her show after you entered it in PP, it doesn't matter. She just has to hold the show within 6 months of the one she booked at for the past host to take advantage of the host special. Does that make sense? You don't even have to do anything in PP if the date changes, becasue when you enter in the show, you need to put the show date anyway.

HTH. :D

Well, the friend decided not to book a show anyway. She did not return my follow-up call.

I understand if the person appears to be considering at the show but if they call out of the blue or mention it when I make their customer care calls. I guess that if they don't indicate during the show or at least before the show closes, the host is out of luck. Thanks.

1. How do I ask my friends and family to host a Pampered Chef party without sounding pushy?

To avoid coming across as pushy, it's important to focus on the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party rather than pressuring your loved ones. You can mention things like earning free products, having a fun and interactive cooking experience, and supporting a small business. Be genuine and sincere in your approach, and give them the option to say no without any hard feelings.

2. What is the best way to find new hosts for Pampered Chef parties?

One effective way to find new hosts is by utilizing your existing networks and connections. This could be through social media, reaching out to friends and family, or even asking for referrals from previous hosts. You can also attend local events and vendor fairs to meet new people who may be interested in hosting a party.

3. How can I make my party bookings stand out and attract more guests?

One way to make your party bookings stand out is by offering a unique and personalized experience. This could include themed parties, incorporating fun games or challenges, or providing extra incentives for guests to attend. You can also showcase the high-quality products and exclusive deals available at Pampered Chef parties to entice potential guests.

4. What should I do if a potential host declines my invitation to host a party?

If someone declines your invitation to host a party, it's important to be understanding and respectful. Thank them for considering and offer to keep them updated on any future promotions or events. You can also ask if they know anyone else who may be interested in hosting a party, as referrals can often lead to successful bookings.

5. Is it appropriate to follow up with potential hosts who have not responded to my invitation?

It is appropriate to follow up with potential hosts who have not responded, but be mindful of not being too persistent or pushy. A gentle reminder or a different approach, such as a phone call instead of a text, may be helpful in getting a response. However, if they continue to decline or do not respond, it's best to respect their decision and focus on finding new hosts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcheatham08
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
amgreen66
  • goddessred
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ivykeep
  • naekelsey