• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No-Bake Recipes to Wow Your Host at Your First Kitchen Show!

I don't want to go overboard--it's so hard not to!In summary, for your first kitchen show, it is recommended to focus on one or two recipes and not stress out over having too many. Some no-bake recipe ideas that could highlight the starter kit tools include Ice Cream Sandwich Torte, Summer Cobb Salad, Zesty Crab Salad in Cucumber Boats, Layered Mexican Party Dip, Curried Chicken Lettuce Wraps, and Black Bean, Hominy & Corn Salsa. These recipes can be found in the Spring/Summer 2005 Season's Best Recipe Book. Additionally, the Clubhouse Chicken Squares recipe is also recommended as it can be made ahead of time and handed out as a post
mypamperedmoocow
I'm getting ready to do my very first kitchen show and I need to find a recipe to highlight the starter kit tools and requires no baking (it's been oppressively hot here lately). I know there are a couple of salsa's, but I need something with "oomph". I'm at a total loss as to what to say to my host and I really want to do a good job. I told her that I would look around a let her know when I came up with a couple of choices for her. Any ideas? Thanks!

No bake recipe ideaHere are some ideas:

Ice Cream Sandwich Torte (very yummy :cool: )
Summer Cobb Salad
Zesty Crab Salad in Cucumber Boats
Layered Mexican Party Dip
Curried Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Black Bean, Hominy & Corn Salsa

These are all from the Spring/Summer 2005 Season's Best Recipe Book. :D

Jessica,Thanks for the reminder about the recipe booklet! I don't know why I didn't even think to look through there for more recipes...:eek: I was already planning on doing the Apple Berry Salsa and the Mango Salsa Sundae (without the tortilla cups--we'll be using shortbread cookies instead). I think with it being my first show, I'm wanting to do more, but at a loss as to what. I just don't want to go overboard--it's so hard not to!

curious about your screen nameI have to ask...how did you choose mypamperedmoocow? I always picture a cow in an apron when I see your screen name! It's a cute, cartoony type cow, of course. :D

Your WelcomeEmily,

Your welcome. Good luck with your first show. If I were you, I would make it simple and not worry about how many recipes you have. You don't want to stress yourself out! Focus on one or two is my advice to you. If you want to do more, either make some recipes ahead of time, or have the host prepare some.

Have a great weekend.

screen nameNora,

I was trying to come up with a screen name that was unique and one that I could actually remember. Then, with this forum being a PC forum, I figured I'd combine the two together. I also have to admit that I love cows! Always have since I was a child...I suppose it helps that I was born in the year of the Ox (1973), so that has a lot to do with it! Funny that you mention the cartoony cow in an apron--my oldest mentioned the fact that she thinks of a cow in an apron, too, when she saw my email address and screen name.:)

Last edited:
mypamperedmoocow said:
Nora,

I was trying to come up with a screen name that was unique and one that I could actually remember. Then, with this forum being a PC forum, I figured I'd combine the two together. I also have to admit that I love cows! Always have since I was a child...I suppose it helps that I was born in the year of the Ox (1973), so that has a lot to do with it! Funny that you mention the cartoony cow in an apron--my oldest mentioned the fact that she thinks of a cow in an apron, too, when she saw my email address and screen name.:)

Hey Emily,

That's the year I was born, too! AND I'm originally from upstate NY. You must be my twin sister PC consultant!

Nora

chefmama said:
Here are some ideas:

Ice Cream Sandwich Torte (very yummy :cool: )
Summer Cobb Salad
Zesty Crab Salad in Cucumber Boats
Layered Mexican Party Dip
Curried Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Black Bean, Hominy & Corn Salsa

These are all from the Spring/Summer 2005 Season's Best Recipe Book. :D

I was looking for these recipes and I can't find them. I have just started this month and have my first show June 9th and I want something really easy to do.

Clubhouse Chicken Squares!!!

just bake the crust ahead of time - and finish the demo at the party.
This is a recipe that everyone loves and it makes alot - so you have enough even for a big show!

Attachments

• Clubhouse Chicken Squares.doc
    31 KB · Views: 300
Okay - I attached the recipe that I use when I am making it for a show - and I always hand out the recipe that I make at the end of the show, so you now have it as a postcard size! Make a few copies and you can hand it out too!:D

mypamperedmoocow said:
Jessica,

Thanks for the reminder about the recipe booklet! I don't know why I didn't even think to look through there for more recipes...:eek: I was already planning on doing the Apple Berry Salsa and the Mango Salsa Sundae (without the tortilla cups--we'll be using shortbread cookies instead). I think with it being my first show, I'm wanting to do more, but at a loss as to what. I just don't want to go overboard--it's so hard not to!

Just to caution you, try not to do too much because you'll be trying to keep the script, order forms, etc straight and not just cook. The first two shows I did, i did too much (for my mom and sister--helped them each clean their houses first, did the grocery shopping,prepped other food/drinks to have available, and then demoed one recipe). By the those two shows were over (they were back to back nights) I was wiped out. I don't think it makes that big of a difference in terms of sales how much you do or demo.

1. What are some popular no-bake recipes I can make for my first kitchen show?

Some popular no-bake recipes that are sure to impress your host and guests include no-bake cheesecake, chocolate truffles, fruit salad, energy bites, and no-bake cookies.

2. How do I ensure that my no-bake recipes turn out perfectly?

One important tip is to make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature before starting. Also, follow the recipe instructions carefully and use high-quality ingredients for the best results.

3. Can I make no-bake recipes ahead of time?

Yes, many no-bake recipes can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until serving. This can save you time and stress on the day of your kitchen show.

4. Are there any dietary restrictions I should keep in mind when choosing no-bake recipes?

It's always a good idea to ask your host if they have any dietary restrictions or allergies before planning your menu. Luckily, there are many no-bake recipes that can easily be adapted to accommodate different dietary needs.

5. What tools or equipment do I need for making no-bake recipes?

The great thing about no-bake recipes is that they often require minimal tools or equipment. However, having a good quality food processor, mixing bowls, and a variety of measuring spoons and cups can make the process even easier.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Laurie Sobon
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • reegrace