• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant New Consultant Disappointed over Apron Earnings

In summary, the consultant did not earn the apron because their show was held in March instead of April.
lesliec
I am a new consultant. I have been working my tail off and really wanted to earn the apron. I submitted a show on April 1, and then put together another catalog show, where my hubby ordered a few things to help me get up to $150, which was submitted on the 15th. I've been waiting and waiting..... today I called to do a product replacement and asked when my apron was coming. The guy told me that I didn't earn it b/c the Show sbmitted on April 1 was actually held at the end of march and not actually in April.
I know I can't be the only one that was confused on this, b/c my director put in her newsletter that I had earned the apron. I know this is kinda dumb, but I am really upset about this.

Aw, I'm so sorry. :( I know that when you're new there's just so much to take in. It's too bad your recruiter/director didn't make sure you knew about the date thing. It's that way for almost all the promotions. Each one, be sure to read the fine print. Most will say that the shows need to be held and submitted in that same month.

And your director probably didn't notice that your show submitted April 1st was a March show. The report says it but she probably just went by the number of shows submitted. Most promotions have to be "held and submitted" within the month of the promotion.

It is so hard when this happens - but think of it as a learning experience. Now that you know, you won't let it happen again. I'm sorry you were disappointed.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry. I know that's frustrating. Most of us have been caught in that same situation at one time or another.

It's good that you learned this hard lesson early in your business and with just the apron. Imagine if you had done this with something major like sell a thon. I know it doesn't make it any easier with the disappointment, but maybe someone on the board has one that they would be willing to part with for you.

Thanks for the encouragement. My SED called today to coach me on some booking delimma's I have been having, and she basically said the same thing. She said I would learn to better read and understand ALL of the requirements through all of my disappointment, and she encouraged me to host a show next month to help practice and to earn the apron through hosting a show.

The fine print can be a killer! Sorry to hear about this!

Oh, I'm so sorry. I hate the fact they do this! I always think the shows held in the last 5 days the previous month should be counted in the incentive for the next month, but I don't think they would ever listen to me! Another crazy thing, you can't purchase kit enhancement unless you sell three months in a row, Jan. Feb. Mar. or Feb. Mar. Apr. I just don't see why it has be be 3 months in a row, why not three out of the 4 months. I don't qualify because I didn't sell in Mar., but I did in Jan. Feb. and April - just crazy. Like they lose any money from us purchasing under kit enhancement anyway. If I really want something I'll add it to one of my hosts orders when they are at a 25% discount add my commission to it and I'd save more then the 40% they give us and get points.

Again, so sorry this happend to you.

Leslie, I'm sorry, too. I think your SED is right, though, about hosting your own show. Good experience, and you can still earn the apron.You should note, the incentive for May has the same requirements - 2 shows held and submitted between 5/1 and 5/15! Make sure your show is one of these. ;-)

Im sorry that happened to you. I made the same mistake this past fall during the SAT. I was so mad at myself, but it was a valuable lesson learned :)

HAd the same thing happen to me when I first started. I missed out on the TTA carrier bag. I was not happy. Now I know!!

I think we all learn that lesson the hard way. It was cookware for me. :cry: Once you learn it, you don't forget!

Sandi

leslieprichett said:
Im sorry that happened to you. I made the same mistake this past fall during the SAT. I was so mad at myself, but it was a valuable lesson learned :)
My recruit did the same thing last fall with the SAT..then I felt so bad because I felt that I had left her down..she didn't feel that way though..but I did.

(((hugs)))!!!

Try loosing the first years $10,000 in career sales because you "forgot" about the 2 months of no sales equals - STARTING FROM SCRATCH!!! My recruiter did not catch it either until it was to late. I did not one party in January, then I had one on February 26th. I didn't submit it until March 5th! I thought as long as the party was dated February I would be fine even if it was submitted in March! WRONG! That $150 needed to be Submitted BEFORE the two months went by, not just held. I lost my first full year of sales because of that mistake. But I didn't let it get me down! Nope, I trudged on and NEVER LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN!!!! As long as you remember what you did, you are sure to always be on top of things.

pampered1224 said:
But I didn't let it get me down! Nope, I trudged on and NEVER LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN!!!!

As God is my witness, as God is my witness they're not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never be hungry again. No, nor any of my folk. If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill. As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again. -- Scarlett O'Hara, "Gone With the Wind"

This isn't the same, but it does show how recruiters need to be on top of everything! I was at my team mate's home this evening, showing her some things in P3, and talking about how to get some shows booked. While in P3 she asked what Kit Enchancement is. I just about went through the floor! How could I NOT have mentioned this to her in April?? Now it's too late, and what she wanted to know about P3 was how to place a personal order! She didn't even know until the other night that she receives a 20% discount on personal orders.The, somewhat, good news is she's in her 4th month, so she can order the Spring Samples, but I feel so bad she missed out on KE.

Don't feel bad Sarah, my recruiter has never mentioned any of those things to me either, and she has been a director for years. I learned about KE on here. I am not too impressed with the training from from PC, but am glad that I can come here and find the info.

I guess I have to take that back, I did really get a lot out of DE, and that was directly from the company.

pampchefsarah said:
The, somewhat, good news is she's in her 4th month, so she can order the Spring Samples, but I feel so bad she missed out on KE.

As a new consultant, she gets KE in her fourth month as well, so she could still place a KE order, as long as she's been active in the previous months.

lesliec said:
Don't feel bad Sarah, my recruiter has never mentioned any of those things to me either, and she has been a director for years. I learned about KE on here. I am not too impressed with the training from from PC, but am glad that I can come here and find the info.

I guess I have to take that back, I did really get a lot out of DE, and that was directly from the company.

This is my fear when it comes to recruiting. Personally, I absorb and retain a TON of information, but I know not everyone is like that. I also tend to just go on and on about everything I know, so I'd be afraid I was overwhelming someone with a ton of information. Finding the balance between telling someone everything they need to know without driving them away with too much information is hard.

A lot of things are coverd in the Policy Guide, and I always recommend to anyone to read through it at least once. Even if you don't remember all the details, you'll know what's in there and where to refer back to when you need the details. The training online focuses more on the things that are harder to learn by just learning, but I also know that reading a book on policies can be boring stuff.

Maybe you could send a suggestion to HO to create an Online Training or a Tele Talk class on basic business policies.

I am fairly new to this business. I would say it is HARD to be uninformed. HO sends out a TON of info in the CN. If these new recruits to the business treated this like a professional job they would be reading the monthly info. I am shocked that someone would NOT know some of the info that you folks mentioned here. It seems to come at us month after month. JMO

I signed in feb and am yet to get a CN either in email or hard copy, but I do know where to find it online. There is a lot of info there. I retain a lot when it comes to hearing things, but even the Consultants Corner is overwhelming with the serious amount of info that is on that page when you open it. It also seems like some things with PC are just overly complicated.

RMDave said:
As God is my witness, as God is my witness they're not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never be hungry again. No, nor any of my folk. If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill. As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again. -- Scarlett O'Hara, "Gone With the Wind"

OMG I had to laugh at that one. :rolleyes:

1. Why am I not earning as much as I expected with my apron sales?

There could be a few reasons for this. Firstly, aprons may not be a high-demand product in your area or among your target audience. It's important to research and understand your market before investing in any product. Secondly, aprons may have a lower profit margin compared to other products, so your earnings may be lower. Lastly, your sales techniques and efforts may need improvement. Consider attending training sessions and reaching out to your mentor for advice on how to boost your apron sales.

2. Can I return or exchange the aprons I purchased as a new consultant?

Unfortunately, as per our return policy, we do not accept returns or exchanges on products purchased by consultants. We advise that you carefully consider your product purchases and only buy what you believe you can sell. However, if there is a defect in the product, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

3. Is it worth investing in the apron starter kit as a new consultant?

The apron starter kit is a great way to get a variety of aprons to showcase and sell to your customers. However, if you find that aprons are not selling well in your area, it may not be worth the investment. We recommend starting small and gradually increasing your product purchases based on demand and sales.

4. Can I offer discounts on aprons to boost sales?

As per our consultant agreement, you are not allowed to offer discounts on Pampered Chef products. However, you can offer bundle deals or promotions where customers can get a free apron with the purchase of another product. This can help increase sales without violating any policies.

5. How can I market and promote aprons to increase my sales?

There are various ways to market and promote aprons, such as hosting themed cooking shows where aprons are the star of the show, creating social media posts and videos showcasing the different uses and benefits of aprons, and collaborating with other consultants to cross-promote aprons. Additionally, you can reach out to local businesses or organizations to offer aprons as gifts or prizes for events or fundraisers. Get creative and think outside the box to attract more customers and increase your apron sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
CathyBob
  • AshleyAllison
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AshleyAllison
  • kam