• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ni Hau - That's Hello in Chinese!

In summary, Linda is having a great time in China. She has seen a lot of sites and taken a lot of pictures. The traffic is a nightmare, but she enjoys the crowds. She has eaten great food and the Chinese are very fascinated by Americans.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Ni Hau ya'll!

We are having a great time in China. We have seen so much and done so much and we are only half-way through the trip. I have already taken @ 700 pictures and I can't wait to go through them and show you all the sites we have seen! I have always heard about how many people live in China - OMG!!!!! I have NEVER in my life been in such a crowded place! The traffic is a nightmare, and there doesn't seem to be any particular rules of the road except it seems like whoever gets the front of their car in the space first wins! One thing is for sure, people do not tal on their cell while driving (they have to pay too much attention to other drivers - lol) It is funny to see the roan shared by cars, trucks, busses, motorcycles and bicycles though!

I can't get on fb over here (I'm thinking that it may be a site that the Chinese govt have banned) so someone tell my fb buddies hello for me)

I will also say that this is the HOTTEST and MOST HUMID place I have ever been! Beijing and Guelin were almost unbearable - as soon as you walked outside the hotel you were already dripping with sweat :( We are in Xian now and it is alot like Atlanta temperature.

We've had some great food too.

Oh, and the Chinese are very fascinated with Americans - expecially those of us with blonde hair. My son and I have been stopped several times by Chinese families a wanting to take a picture with us. Most of the the time they just want hinm in the photo - it's hilarious! We've also caught people trying to be sneaky and take our picture, it's funny when they realize we see them! Many times they will just cone stand next to us and have someone take the picture. I am surprised at how few American tourists we have seen - we've seen alot of Europeans, but not many Americans at all.

Well, I need to go. Just wanted to drop a nline to all my cheffer buddies. Take care and I'll have so much more to share with you when I get home next week.

Miss you all!

Glad to hear you are having a GREAT time!!!

Can't wait to see pics when you get back!!!

SO GLAD TO HEAR FROM YOU LINDA........ Cant wait to see your pic's...

Glad your having a great time! Stay safe and enjoy the rest of your trip! It's going to be fun checking out your pictures! :)

Glad to hear that you are having a good time. Can't wait to see the pic's.

Safe travels home.

That is so cool! You are so blessed! Great to hear you are having a good time! YES, PICTURES WHEN YOU RETURN!

Nimen hao (to you and your family)

I'm so glad you're enjoying Zhongguo! I studied there in 1985, when there were no McDonald's etc. I wish I had been able to go to Guilin.

Please post your pics when you return!

Zaijian!

Nihao Linda

Glad you are having fun :) Please have a good helping of Chinese food for me to :)

Just had to come back to say, that my kids watch the show "Ni Hao, Kai-lan" and it is just so cute. They have fun learning Chinese. :D

Funny- my ears must have been burning, Linda, because I just sent you an email. :)Glad to hear you're having a great time!

Yeah! Glad to hear you are having the time of your life...can't wait to see pictures!

Glad you're having fun! I got that picture for you!

hey again! We are in Shanghai now - and it is still HOT! We are having a greatn time though. I'll be home in a few days and will catch you all up then.

Thanks for the email Ann! I can't wait to get my change-over kit and see the new catalog.

Can't wait to see your pics Linda...hopefully you'll post on FB, I'm there more than here:)

What is the correct way to say "hello" in Chinese?

The most common way to say "hello" in Chinese is "Ni hao". It is a standard greeting that can be used in both formal and informal situations.

Is "Ni hao" the only way to say hello in Chinese?

No, there are other ways to say hello in Chinese, such as "Nin hao" which is a more polite version of "Ni hao". Additionally, in some regions of China, people may use different greetings such as "Wassup" or "What's going on".

What is the literal translation of "Ni hao" in English?

The literal translation of "Ni hao" is "you good" or "you well". However, it is more commonly used as a greeting and does not have a direct translation in English.

When should I use "Ni hao" in a conversation?

"Ni hao" is generally used as an initial greeting when meeting someone for the first time or in a formal setting. It can also be used as a general greeting throughout a conversation, similar to "hello" in English.

Are there any other phrases or words that I should know when greeting someone in Chinese?

Yes, there are other common phrases and words that can be used when greeting someone in Chinese, such as "Zao shang hao" which means "good morning" or "Wan an" which means "good night". It is also polite to use honorifics, such as "Lao shi" for teacher or "Xian sheng" for mister, when addressing someone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
imported_iteachurkid
Replies
Views
Ann F
  • traci davis
  • General Chat
Replies