• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Will the Next Month's Signing Bonus Be After 4/30?

In summary, the current offer expires on 4/30, and anyone know what it is, after the current offer expires on 4/30? This is the WORST timing for me to sign, but, I'm worried that the bonus might not be comparable. Bobbi, the expert summarizer, suggests waiting until the right time, and researching the pros and cons before making a decision. She also suggests talking to your recruiter and getting all the questions answered.
Rebelbug
Gold Member
Anyone know what it is, after the current offer expires on 4/30? This is the WORST timing for me to sign, but, I'm worried that the bonus might not be comparable.

I'm a teacher, and we're looking at the end of school. So, really, woprst time evar! :cry:

We never know until it's announced.

I personally wouldn't worry too much about it. Sign when it works for you, not when you can get the best "offer". If you aren't ready to put it into your business, you'll not get the incentive anyway.....The incentives only work if you can get the $1250 in sales in your first 30 days (which actually starts after you get your kit- so figure about 5 weeks from when you sign up). If you don't think you'll have the shows in that time, then wait! You'll still be able to get great New Consultant Rewards no matter what time you start. Some months have a little extra icing on the cupcake.....but certainly not enough to put yourself in a bind or under great amounts of stress! You want to start on a positive note...not under stress.So when the time is right, then evaluate the timing/options...but I wouldn't rush it to get an extra $100 in product. You can still get that ANYTIME just by working in a few extra shows!! :) *Just my two-cents.Good luck.

That Bobbi, she knows what she's talkin' about!

Thank you all, you're really easing my mind. this has been such an up and down thing with me, deciding to do it. I'm worried about time, and the output of money, and how to pay for my kit when money is so tight. And then I heard the catalogs and forms cost money, so... it's a lot to take in. It's too bad there's not one place where all of the little detais are explained for newbies. I read the recruiting info and it never says you have to pay for forms or catalogs, it was kid of simething hidden in fine print on "paperwork". And my consultant didn't tell me!

I'm a teacher too. I would sign now if I were starting. You see people day to day, and you could set up your summer calendar. The monthly recruiting specials are always great, that I wouldn't worry about "missing" out if you signed now. Make a list of all the questions you have and get them answered before you sign. It will put your mind at ease. With your first 90 days, you can earn a lot of Pampered Chef dollars that can be used on supplies. I really don't purchase many supplies a season,except my catalogs maybe twice in 6 months.

Rebelbug said:
Thank you all, you're really easing my mind. this has been such an up and down thing with me, deciding to do it. I'm worried about time, and the output of money, and how to pay for my kit when money is so tight. And then I heard the catalogs and forms cost money, so... it's a lot to take in. It's too bad there's not one place where all of the little detais are explained for newbies. I read the recruiting info and it never says you have to pay for forms or catalogs, it was kid of simething hidden in fine print on "paperwork". And my consultant didn't tell me!

Ask to sit down with your recruiter and ask all the questions you have. The biz is actually pretty simple. What materials has she given you? If you know you are signing, ask her to give you the quickstart box. It contains all the biz materials and the biz guide. Most of your questions can be answered with it.

The only expenses you will basically have is the cost of the kit which contains all the product and biz paperwork you will need for your 1st 6-8 shows. Within your 1st month, if you're working your biz, you will have earned enough commission to cover the cost of your kit. You should also have earn Pampered Chef Dollars which do not expire and you can use toward purchasing more biz materials (such as order forms and catalogs). You will have 60 days to purchase another *package* of biz paperwork for only $38, which you can use Pampered Chef Dollars.

If you do sign in April, and hit the incentive of the additional $100 PCD....I would recommend you purchase the Deep Covered Baker as it will help you immensely with your cooking shows.

You do not have to invest more money than the initial start up kit cost unless you choose to....that's if you use PCD. Once money starts rolling in, and/or your PCD is used...then you can start using some of your biz pay to continue to replenish your catalogs and order forms. Once a month, Pampered Chef will allow you 15 cooking show planning guides and 3 consultant agreements free (you are responsible for s&h...I only order the free ones when I need to place a supply order).

We tend to spend more on our biz because we choose to...because we like to...because we can....but it is not necessary.

PLEASE do not think the company is sneaky and has anything hidden. They expect us as consultants to inform our potential recruits of the opportunity. They expect the prospect to ask all the questions they may have before signing. Yes, in the real world....it doesn't always happen, but HO does want us to be successful and happy. They're always offering incentives and rewarding us for doing our jobs.

Do know there will be ups and downs....do know you will have to work through some no's....but the rewards are good and the results will come.

Hope that helps....feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Again, sit down with your recruiter and have a list of questions ready. She's on her way out so may be distracted.

Sit down with your recruiter and ask all these questions! They are there to help you! If you don't one, feel free to PM me!

Rebelbug said:

well, with any business if you run out of something you will have to buy more of it to replenish. So, that's really a given. Now, most newbies earn AT LEAST $200 in PC $ in their first 30 days on average. That's by selling $1250 and doing just 4 shows. If you sign by end of April, even April 30th you can earn $300 in PC $ by doing just that. Depending on how many shows you plan on doing you may go through paperwork quicker or slower. Remember you get 50 to start off with and that will last for a while. Depends on if you let customers take them home. As a newbie I would hang on to them and give them out maybe if they booked a show only. Of course you will have them at your show but you will take majority of them home. The kit cost is $155 plus tax and there is nothing extra on top of that when you start. The kit includes a bunch of paperwork, usually more than enough to do at least 6 shows. By that time you will earn commission and PC$, so ordering some paperwork when you run out won't be a big issue.

oh, and also, some months do not have a consultant incentive. This months actually ran from March 15th thru April 30th, so it's a good possibility that May won't even have one. I can almost guarantee that either May won't or June won't as usually a few months before Conference there isn't one, but they usually offer some kind of incentive for sure in July and that is announced at Conference. However, sign when you feel most comfortable doing so. If there isn't a bonus, it's not a big deal if you don't have the time and energy it takes to earn it. Sign when the timing is right for you and then go crazy! I've heard of new consultants earning 600-800 PC$ in their first 30 days by booking shows like crazy! the amount is unlimited that you can earn in your first 90 days! Have any more questions feel free to PM me! :)

Yes...You will eventually have to buy supplies (paperwork/catalogs)- they are reasonably priced in my opinion! I only use full-size catalogs at shows, and alot tend to get recycled since guests don't always take them home. Out-and-about, I use our 'mini-catalogs' which are just a couple of bucks for a package of 25 or 30.

In your kit, you'll get catalogs, and paperwork to get you through your first 4 shows. As others pointed out, as you do shows, you'll get commission payment (you get paid on the 22nd for any sales/shows submitted 1-15th of the month; and 8th of hte month for shows/sales 16-30th of the month). One average show's commission will give you enough commission to MORE than pay for plenty of supplies.

Ask your recruiter/consultant for a price breakdown of what her expenses are. I did when I was signing. Find out what you have to have. She would also be able to show you the supply order form prices and what items you'd regularly need as you do shows. If I don't buy alot of extra,s I can avoid spending alot (I don't have numbers in front of me...).

1. What is the amount of the signing bonus for next month?

The amount of the signing bonus for next month varies depending on the position and level of experience of the new hire. It is typically a one-time payment that is added to the employee's first paycheck.

2. How do I qualify for the signing bonus next month?

The qualifications for the signing bonus may vary depending on the specific job opening. Generally, it is offered to new hires who meet certain criteria, such as having a certain level of experience or a specialized skill set. This information will be included in the job posting.

3. When will the signing bonus be paid out?

The signing bonus is typically paid out in the new employee's first paycheck, which is usually received at the end of the first month of employment. However, this may vary depending on the company's payroll schedule.

4. Is the signing bonus taxable?

Yes, the signing bonus is considered taxable income and will be subject to federal and state taxes. The exact amount of taxes withheld will depend on the employee's tax filing status and other factors.

5. Can the signing bonus be negotiated?

In most cases, the signing bonus is a set amount that is determined by the company and cannot be negotiated. However, if you feel that you have unique qualifications or experience that warrant a higher bonus, you can discuss this with the hiring manager during the negotiation process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefinHarmony
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
soccermama
  • COOKINWITHSHERRI
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
COOKINWITHSHERRI
  • valsped