• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Next Food Network Star: Season Update and Indian Contestant's Success

In summary, Keith thinks that either Aria doesn't win or she changes her show name. He thinks that Aria is really good and that Tom could also win, but his vote is for Aria.
susanr613
Gold Member
Is anyone watching this season? What do you think so far? I'm really enjoying it - especially since there is an Indian contestant with a serious chance of winning. It would be great to have that cuisine represented on Food Network and therefore accessible to people who are not familiar with it. On the other hand, it's been fun to see Tom step up to the plate (pun intended).

That's a good one Susan and so true! I was shocked that Brad was gone as of tonight. I knew he had major camera issues but I thought it would be Artie though because her food is SO inconsistent as well as her confidence. I am also surprised that Herb has lasted as long as he has. Although he too has really come into a whole new way of looking at himself. I will say this. I am now really stumped as to who will win. My bet strangely enough, is still on Aria. Not sure why, just something she exudes, but I got a feeling. Especially if she can really pin down the Family thing. But Tom, well he could blow them all out of the water.

I will guarantee it's not Aria. During tonight's episode, they showed a preview for another new show called "Family Style", that was a documentary of sorts. That was the name Aria wanted for her show.Aarti will win.

As I'm sure the only Cheffer who watches too much TV-- I'm always drawn to seeing folks' struggle beyond self-doubt. What could we accomplish if we believed in ourselves? Arti is up and down; Tom is on a streak, but similarly 'checkered' in his success; Herb has struggled with some inner demons too. I'd love to see Arti win, but the confidence has to be there--I appreciated the one judge who said, 'Do you want this? Then act like it.'I need to tape that to my own bathroom mirror... (but wait, there's this great show coming on right now)

I love that idea too Scott! It is true that Arti has a very distinct personality where as the others seem, well, mundane. To be honest, I do hope it is Arti. I would enjoy watching her on TV. And yes, if she wants it bad enough, yeah, she would be the force for the others to deal with. I also have to say there is something about Aria that I find rather disturbing. During a few of the team events, and I noticed it most a few shows back where she was not talking about her but rather bad mouthing a few of her teammate/competitors. I do not remember anyone else going to those lengths to make themselves look good by talking badly about everyone else. Everyone always seemed to take responsibility for their own missteps rather than putting it on someone else. However, a few seasons back you may recall that the judges favorite was some one who did not make it. I can not even remember that person's name. But Guy did it! When it came to the final showdown, he reached deep into himself and pulled out someone no one had yet seen. I hope Arti can believe enough in herself to grab that win!

leftymac said:
I will guarantee it's not Aria. During tonight's episode, they showed a preview for another new show called "Family Style", that was a documentary of sorts. That was the name Aria wanted for her show.

Aarti will win.

Keith, you took the words right off of my keyboard! I think either she doesn't win or she changes her show name. When it comes down to the final two contestants and they do their pilot episode, the name of their shows sometimes change. Hopefully that is the case because I love Aria. I wouldn't mind watching Tom either but my vote is for Aria.

pampered1224 said:
I do not remember anyone else going to those lengths to make themselves look good by talking badly about everyone else. Everyone always seemed to take responsibility for their own missteps rather than putting it on someone else.

Actually, Tom did have something negative to say directly to Brad at the Frank Sinatra home challenge. Brad was gaining confidence and Tom said something to him about it and feeling threatened.

Also, don't forget that these shows are so micro-edited so we can't say others aren't saying something and it not getting on the air. And it is a competition, afterall. At least no one is getting down and dirty and sabotaging someone else's chances.

ACK!!!! Spoilers! I haven't watched last night's yet!

DebbieJ said:
ACK!!!! Spoilers! I haven't watched last night's yet!

I know, same here! :( I shouldn't have read this thread.

Hey guys, next time just give a heads up before you reveal who got kicked off. It was just aired last night, but lots of people DVR it and watch the next day. It's okay to post it, just give a little warning at the beginning of your post. Or make a spoiler box. ;) :)

Sorry - I should have marked Spoiler Alert!

About Aria - I am so over her "warmth" shtick, and her food is not that great or unique. About Herb - he is very inconsistent and is still way too freaked out about the camera. I could see Aarti winning her own show and Tom doing an on the road sort of thing like Food Network sometimes does for runners-up.

Again, it's time for a cuisine that's not quite so mainstream, and keep in mind that in certain areas of the country, there are lots and lots of SE Asians (like my area).

i used to root for aria, but after she tried to make aarti look bad by shushing her - it really turned me off. i hope aarti wins.

I really had a hard time not laughing as Aria was announced she would be leaving! The way she was bad mouthing Aria as well was just awful. I could not believe that she out and out told the camera how she was going to make sure Aria did not perform well. I was appalled. Yeah I know I said I was rooting for the Wisconsin gal but not if she is going to act like a two year old! But after the NY first round, I think Arti Party is gonna be it!

It will be between Arti and Tom I believe. I can't wait to see the finale! Tom has done well from the beginning and Arti has a unique point-of-view.

I'm hoping Arti.. I'd love to watch her show!

If you haven't seen the finale then I don't want to spoil the surprise.

The winner is:
AARTI

I really thought this person would win it!

I was shocked at the outcome. I had my mouth hanging open when they revealed the photo. My hubby looked at me and said it looked like I had seen a ghost. LOLAfter viewing the pilots, I really thought one of the other two would win.

DebbieJ said:
I was shocked at the outcome. I had my mouth hanging open when they revealed the photo. My hubby looked at me and said it looked like I had seen a ghost. LOL

After viewing the pilots, I really thought one of the other two would win.

I think they had the winner picked from day 1. It was funny b/c the "focus group" clearly seemed to favor one pilot (that's who I wanted to win!) and the look on the judges' faces said to me "Uh Oh...this is all a formality b/c we already have our winner picked, but this focus group seems to love the other one, so what do we do?"

I think at least one of the other two (the one the audience loved the most) will still get a show.

After watching the pilots.. I would be interested in any of their shows. I'm hoping at least one of the non-winners gets a show becuase I think they are on to something.

I liked all 3 of the finalist - but I was expecting and hoping that she would win. She is refreshingly different and I do like her. There are already a couple of latin chefs/cooking shows and the other guy is too much a cross between Guy Fiere and Aron McCargo Jr. (Big Daddy's house?)

FoodNetworkHumor.com leaked who won weeks ago but I kept watching anyway just to see how they came to the conclusion to pick the winner

leftymac said:
I think they had the winner picked from day 1. It was funny b/c the "focus group" clearly seemed to favor one pilot (that's who I wanted to win!) and the look on the judges' faces said to me "Uh Oh...this is all a formality b/c we already have our winner picked, but this focus group seems to love the other one, so what do we do?"

I think at least one of the other two (the one the audience loved the most) will still get a show.

My DH has the same theory about it being rigged that you do. I told him that the runner up usually ends up with a show, too. (Adam Gertler, Aaron Sanchez, for example)

Well did anyone watch Aarti Party? It is on on Sunday mornings at 12/11 C
It was OK. Her next one is next Sunday, same time, same station. She made some sort of Indian Sloppy Joes, a creamy pistachio and tea Popsicle and a kale and mango salad. All of which sound really good! So... it will be interesting to see if Tom does show up somewhere though. There is the Cooking Channel too which is also under the Food Network's umbrella.

I heard Tom is getting his own Big Chef show in Nov.

That would be great. I really liked his pilot.

I have to tell you... I am upset!!! Glad Aatri won but I wish thier shows would be in Prime Time or later in the day. I watch for weeks at night and then thier shows are on Sunday mid day. I am not home at noon on Sunday's because of church. GRRR!!! I wish I had DVR!!

1. Who are the judges on "Next Food Network Star"?

The judges on "Next Food Network Star" are typically a combination of Food Network executives, celebrity chefs, and industry professionals. Past judges have included Bobby Flay, Giada De Laurentiis, and Alton Brown.

2. How are contestants selected for "Next Food Network Star"?

Contestants for "Next Food Network Star" go through a rigorous audition process, which includes submitting an application and cooking a dish for the casting team. From there, potential contestants are narrowed down through multiple rounds of interviews and cooking challenges.

3. Is there a cash prize for winning "Next Food Network Star"?

Yes, the winner of "Next Food Network Star" receives a cash prize of $50,000 and their own show on the Food Network.

4. How long is the filming process for "Next Food Network Star"?

The filming process for "Next Food Network Star" typically lasts around 10 weeks, with contestants living in a shared house during that time. However, the actual production schedule may vary depending on the season.

5. Can I watch "Next Food Network Star" online?

Yes, episodes of "Next Food Network Star" can be streamed on the Food Network website or app. Some cable providers also offer on-demand viewing options for the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BlessedWifeMommy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
susanr613
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • MissChef
  • General Chat
Replies