• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Find Out Who Was Eliminated on Next Food Network Star: Recap and Spoilers

In summary, the people who were sent home from the last show were Katie the healthy-food nut, and Melissa and Jeffery.
Trish in Texas
Gold Member
My husband and I missed the last show. Who did they send home? I'm hoping it was Katie, the healthy-food nut. Serving raw food was a big no-no in my book.

Yes, she went home.

You can watch a re-cap on the website:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/the-next-food-network-star4/video/index.html

Who would you all like to see win?

I am pulling for Melissa or Jamika.

Trish in Texas said:
My husband and I missed the last show. Who did they send home? I'm hoping it was Katie, the healthy-food nut. Serving raw food was a big no-no in my book.

You can catch it again on Thursday nights.

I'd like to see Melissa win.

I would like either Debbie or Melissa.

My favorites are Debbie (but will everything she do have an Asian flare? I love it, but won't it get old after a while?), Melissa (she is improving sooo much! Love her!), and Jamika (so pretty and cute, love her charm and glow about her, but sad she didn't do too well the last episode or two)

I would love to see Michael overcome his fear of the camera and be the queen of Food Network <wink>. My runner up is Melissa - I have already picked up two really useful tips from her.

I was watching an older episode of something and there was Jamika doing a commercial for a cooking school!

Susan,
I so agree, Michael needs a show to go on like Paula's party where you feed off the crowd and cook, he'd be GREAT in a setting like that!!

I also LOVE how Melissa is kicking their butts and being "just a SAHM" it makes this SAHM really proud!!

I like Debbie, but I'm sick of hearing I'm Korean and I'd love to see Jameica (sp) she was so good in beginning and I think she's totally missing her family or going through something and struggling, I'm glad they gave her another chance.

Can't wait to see next week.

Lisa

Its funny that everyone thinks that of Michael! Even as a kid he was the same as he is now. On the show when he got Halloween, I KNEW he'd do GREAT, its his favorite holiday. He usually leads our Halloween Parade where we live. Right now people that know him are SO frustrated because he can't tell us anything about the show, but I like him of course,Melissa & Jeff. :chef:

How fun that you know a contestant, Ginger! I hope you pass along that a bunch of Cheffers are rooting for him :)

susanr613 said:
How fun that you know a contestant, Ginger! I hope you pass along that a bunch of Cheffers are rooting for him :)

He came to our last Cluster Meeting & was quite impressed with quite a few of our products!!!;)

Ginger,
I could SOOO see him selling PC and really doing awesome parties, not only selling the products, but selling cooking in general.

I'd love to meet him in person......he just seems like he'd be the life of the party without being a PIA, lol.

Lisa

Lisa/ChefBear said:
Ginger,
I could SOOO see him selling PC and really doing awesome parties, not only selling the products, but selling cooking in general.

I'd love to meet him in person......he just seems like he'd be the life of the party without being a PIA, lol.

Lisa

Yeah...its too bad that hes friendlier with my recruiter, so he'll go with her....:cry:

Poor Michael, but it you compare the camera to the gates of Hell, what do you expect? At least now he can sign up for PC :)

It's interesting that they value cooking and show skills over ethics. Two people who have thrown others under the bus or just lied survived at least one more week.

I am now sooo pulling for Melissa! Jeffrey is handsome and smooth, but when he tries to be peppy it comes off fake. As for Debbie, I can see her blaming her crew when she messes up.

I'm rooting for Melissa as well - she's really improved over the weeks and her food looks good too!

It's weird - I just finished looking at the Food Network site and the chatter there is that Debbie is pre-disposed to win. I'd LOVE to see Melissa do it - I'm sure if she can just calm down a notch, she has a lot to share...and with sincerity Debbie can't begin to dream about. Albeit Debbie is so smooth and fun - she needs to get her life sorted out-- then she'd be an instant sensation. Someone who is so prone to fib has other issues going on - I'm just saying!!! Jeffery is the best cook, by far. I'm so glad he won the Red Lobster challenge; that's awesome.

Susan the judge seems eager for Jamika to win - my hunch is that the flavor profile wasn't a top punch, it sent her home. They're much more willing to work on the candidate star futures if they put out a good plate of food.

I was tweaked that they messed with them so much - I mean these people were working hard to present themselves, all for -- a farce? It would've been one thing if it were an April Fool's show (or filmed on April 1st) but it was mean-spirited and I don't buy it.

Since when does Bobby Flay get to say what ingredients people can use and not? I'd love to go to one of his 'throwdowns' and substitute his protein with Tofu or his cream with Silk. Again - something mean-spirited, and makes me wonder what it is they are selling. They should retitle the show "The Next Food Network Scapegoat...roasted, rotisserie or rub: will the judges decide to fry, fricassee or flambee the candidates tonight?

Are we just cogs in a giant wheel of treating people badly for sport? Is this the 21st Century's Roman Colliseum? Excuse me, but WT...?!!

Time to go book some shows. Hmmm--what would Doris C think of this nonsense?

Last edited:
I really wanted Debbie to go home. Her ethics stink. She is always blamng someone else for her problems. I'm really pulling for one of the other two to win. I think Debbie's Korean slant would get boring after a while.

Messing with people wasn't right...but, problems do occur and they do need to know how to roll with the punches.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

I can see that Debbie would be predisposed to win, as there are no Asian-themed shows on FN (right?). Melissa could be seen as another Rachel Ray.

In addition to the ethics thing, I don't get her "I'm Korean" thing. So far, I have not seen a lot of overt Asian/Korean cooking from her. I did a smidge of Korean cooking (was dating a Korean guy) and Debbie's dishes have very little to do with Korean cooking. Asian perhaps but not Korean.

susanr613 said:
In addition to the ethics thing, I don't get her "I'm Korean" thing. So far, I have not seen a lot of overt Asian/Korean cooking from her. I did a smidge of Korean cooking (was dating a Korean guy) and Debbie's dishes have very little to do with Korean cooking. Asian perhaps but not Korean.

I totally agree. I'm tired of the "I'm Korean" comment. I wish she would tell me what that means.

I loved that they played with them in the Mini Challenge. My hubby and I found it so funny when they gave Jeffery the mic and he had the knife in this hand. Oh and when he dumped so much hot sauce in Melissa's dish, which ended up soupy.

so it is over and without spilling any beans i have to say

YAY!

WooHOO!! Very happy for the winner... I'll watch that show!

me too.....and i'm going to make that dish asap!

I will just say that I am VERY happy!!
I don't want to spoil for those who did not see it...

Me too! I can so see watching the winner's show!

I thought it was cool who won as well I could see me watching time to time when I managed to find the time.... I will probably dvr it so I won't miss any of it.

The BEST was picked as the WINNER

:chef:

It was great, and I definitely love the concept....I'm sure alot of people will tune in for the new show and get alot out of it!

I was kind of surprised by the winner...although I like their choice. Great thing is that the winner lives not very far from me. They do cooking demos at the Farmer's Market I have a booth at...I hope they get the winner in as a chef there. My husband thinks they'll offer the other person their own show too.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

I said the same thing, Trish - about offering the other one a show. I think I liked the winner because it is so much like what we do!

I missed the last show!!! I will go search online and find the winner..... hope it is my choice!YEAH!!

FN has produced shows for runners-up in the past so i can see them doing it this time, esp since they said it was such a tough choice. i would definitely dvr both shows, as they each offer so much.

i am happy that the winner won in this case especially given the person's background and personal history.

the only people i would not want to win were the ones who showed a lack of integrity - brett, teddy, and debbie.

in the end, i'm amazed that every episode these people rise to the challenges and manage to make decent food!

DH and were like Wahoo, when the winner won. We had picked them from the very first show.

DH went out and set the DVR to record thier show. :) We also think that the runner up will have their own show also.

I loved their choice as well! I wouldn't be surprised if they end up offering the runner-up a show as well. Both were fantastic and the primary demographic of their shows are completely different. I would definitely watch both. :)

Okay, so when can we talk in more detail. :D I'd love to discuss a little about one of the pilot shows and the title of it and some questions I had about some things that were said. :)

I think we are in the clear! It is posted on foodnetwork.com who won....

Oh I posted right after the show aired but didn't want to spoil it for anyone who had to DVR and watch this week. I did text my 12-year old son at his dad's house though!!

I am very much looking forward to Melissa's show, partly for the budget concious focus but mostly to pick up her tips. During the competition, once she gained confidence, those tips just kept coming and coming. I am not a natural cook, so I need all the help I can get! I can see taking her tips and recipes to my PC shows too.

I am also VERY impressed with her background. She has lived several lives and been through an experience I hope none of us have - her mother's suicide. She acknowledges that no matter whether you work outside the home or not, people are still very busy.

I hope FN gives Jeffrey his own show too. It seems like it would be fun to watch.

I was so happy to see Melissa win. I liked Jeffery, but her pilot show was great. I can't wait to see her show. She had so many great tips and the food was easy. I watch the food network to get cooking ideas....where in the world do you find Hersa or whatever that ingredient Jeffery used?

I also think it was the ultimate payback or brett, eddie & teddy that were so mean & disrespectful to Melissa. You know what they say about Karma??

Yeah, her show is more real. His was really cool and I think he did a great job. But "smuggling" ingredients. Now how many people are going to have those weird ingredients on hand. I can't even find simple ingredients at my grocery stores sometimes!!! :D His whole show will revolve around some odd ingredient from another country, so how will I be able to take that into practice. I'm no world traveler. lol

Looks like I am in total agreement. I was so nervous when they were making there decision. I said to my hubby, I think I am about to be disappointed. I was thinking the same thing about that ingredient thing. Last thing I need to do is try to find something I don't keep on hand.I am so excited for Melissa's new show!

susanr613 said:
Oh I posted right after the show aired but didn't want to spoil it for anyone who had to DVR and watch this week. I did text my 12-year old son at his dad's house though!!

I am very much looking forward to Melissa's show, partly for the budget conscious focus but mostly to pick up her tips. During the competition, once she gained confidence, those tips just kept coming and coming. I am not a natural cook, so I need all the help I can get! I can see taking her tips and recipes to my PC shows too.

I am also VERY impressed with her background. She has lived several lives and been through an experience I hope none of us have - her mother's suicide. She acknowledges that no matter whether you work outside the home or not, people are still very busy.

I hope FN gives Jeffrey his own show too. It seems like it would be fun to watch.

I didn't watch this show- but am watching something on FN now and saw the commercial for her show. That seems like a great concept and hope it's full of great info! Just thing I'm looking for. I'm with you, Susan...not a natural cook- I can READ, that's how I survive in the kitchen. :D Have a few 'pot-smarts' that help here and there, but any tips are great!

I'm looking forward to Melissa's show too!

Does anyone know when Melissa's show will be on. I haven't ben able to find anything about it

I've seen it advertised as Sunday at 12:30pm eastern.

esavvymom said:

It comes on here in AZ at 12:30 on Sunday afternoons.

i tivoed the first episode and watched it with DS. it was ok - i don't like the ones where there's no audience. she looks great and the recipes looked wonderful and easy to make.

OT question - is she pregnant, or is it leftover twins tummy?

I wondered the same thing Susan when I saw her on a couple of the last episodes. I could not imagine being pregnant again with the four little ones she already has but you never know.

esavvymom said:

Thank you for the info:)

Thank you! I hope to catch the show this weekend. :)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • MissChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva