• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Booking Parties: New to Pampered Chef & Fulltime Job - Advice Appreciated!

In summary, booking parties while working a full-time job can be manageable by utilizing lunch breaks or evenings, asking for help from friends and family, and hosting virtual parties. When approaching potential hosts, focus on building relationships rather than making a sale. A good goal is to book 3-4 parties per month, but this can be adjusted based on personal goals and availability. Creative ways to book parties include themed parties, partnering with other businesses, and offering promotions. To handle party cancellations or no-shows, have clear policies in place and enforce them to ensure respect for your time and efforts.
PC Debbie
I am new to PC and I work a fulltime job. I am having trouble booking parties right now due to the holidays, I have a bunch for January set up. Have any of you tried placing newspaper ads, and if you have did they work? Any help you can share would be appreciated!

Never much luckI have placed several ads in newspapers and never got what I would call a good enough response to do it again. The ad cost more than I made.
Also make sure you look under Concultant Corner as there is a list of newspapers you CAN NOT place ads in.

I say save your money !!I as well have done this a few times and just lost my money on it. The last add ran for one month in my local newspaper $130.00, i got one phone call !! He was looking for a Chef position !! If it is real cheap go ahead and give it a shot you never know ! If it is pricy save your $$

1. How do I book parties while working a full-time job?

Booking parties while working a full-time job can seem overwhelming, but it is definitely doable. One tip is to utilize your lunch breaks or evenings to reach out to potential hosts and schedule parties. You can also ask friends and family to help you spread the word about your business and book parties for you. Additionally, consider hosting virtual parties to allow for more flexibility in your schedule.

2. What is the best way to approach potential hosts?

The best way to approach potential hosts is to focus on building relationships and not just trying to make a sale. Reach out to people you know and genuinely ask them if they would be interested in hosting a party. Offer to do a cooking demonstration or provide them with a catalog to browse through. Personalize your approach and make it clear that you value their support and business.

3. How many parties should I aim to book per month?

This can vary depending on your schedule and goals, but a good rule of thumb is to aim for at least 3-4 parties per month. This will allow you to build a steady stream of income and continue to grow your business. However, don't be afraid to adjust this number based on your availability and personal goals.

4. What are some creative ways to book parties?

There are many creative ways to book parties, including hosting themed parties (such as a holiday cookie exchange or game night), partnering with other local businesses for a joint event, or offering a special discount or promotion for hosting a party. You can also use social media to reach out to potential hosts and offer virtual parties as an option.

5. How can I handle party cancellations or no-shows?

Unfortunately, party cancellations and no-shows are a common occurrence in direct sales. The best way to handle them is to have clear policies in place and communicate them with your hosts. For example, you may require a minimum number of guests for a party to take place or have a cancellation fee. Be understanding but also firm in enforcing these policies to ensure that your time and efforts are respected.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pameredchef007
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
lovecookn
  • megara2688
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
Replies